how to fix economy??? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 08-31-2010, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

how to fix economy???

Recieved this email, can't verify the numbers but i wouldn't be surprised. Thought it was funny and thought-provoking so i'd pass it along.

Wal-Mart vs. The Morons

1. Americans spend $36,000,000 at Wal-Mart Every hour of every day.

2. This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!

3. Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.

4. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target +Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined.

5. Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people, is the world's largest private employer, and most speak English.

6. Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the world.

7. Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger and Safeway combined, and keep in mind they did this in only fifteen years.

8. During this same period, 31 big supermarket chains sought bankruptcy.

9. Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.

10. Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are Super Centers; this is 1,000 more than it had five years ago.

11. This year 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur at Wal-Mart stores. (Earth's population is approximately 6.5 Billion.)

12. 90% of all Americans live within fifteen miles of a Wal-Mart.

You may think that I am complaining, but I am really laying the ground work for suggesting that MAYBE we should hire the guys who run Wal-Mart to fix the economy.

This should be read and understood by all Americans Democrats, Republicans, EVERYONE!!

To President Obama and all 535 voting members of the Legislature,

It is now official you are ALL corrupt morons:

a.. The U.S. Postal Service was established in 1775. You have had 234 years to get it right and it is broke.

b.. Social Security was established in 1935. You have had 74 years to get it right and it is broke.

c.. Fannie Mae was established in 1938. You have had 71 years to get it right and it is broke.

d.. War on Poverty started in 1964. You have had 45 years to get it right; $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to "the poor" and they only want more.

e.. Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965. You have had 44 years to get it right and they are broke.

f.. Freddie Mac was established in 1970. You have had 39 years to get it right and it is broke.

g.. The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our dependence on foreign oil. It has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a budget of $24 billion a year and we import more oil than ever before. You had 32 years to get it right and it is an abysmal failure.

You have FAILED in every "government service" you have shoved down our throats while overspending our tax dollars.

AND YOU WANT AMERICANS TO BELIEVE YOU CAN BE TRUSTED WITH A GOVERNMENT-RUN HEALTH CARE SYSTEM ??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 08-31-2010, 03:43 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Wal-Mart has caused as much unemployement with its practice of undercutting small businesses in every town it opens in then they hire....The people that have either lost their business and or jobs as a result can only get part-time employement at Wal-Mart and then are taught to seek government assistance due to the low wage and lack of hours. All the merchandise comes from China....If you have a job a Wal-Mart you don't know if the company has a separate life insurance policy on you that pays the company if you die and not your family........Something like our government does when you die and they keep your social security etc.....So i really don't see much of a difference with our current government and the Wal-Mart business strategy...but i like your post...i just hate Wal-Mart...
post #3 of 25 Old 08-31-2010, 03:44 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden41 View Post

4. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target +Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined.

12. 90% of all Americans live within fifteen miles of a Wal-Mart.

These two really got me. #4 b/c in all fairness, K-Mart is out of there so there's only 5 real companies there...lol damn blue light specials.

#12 Almost made my jaw drop, I can actually access two walmarts and a Walmart distribution center from my apartment. Never even thought about it...

Wendy Peffercorn...
post #4 of 25 Old 08-31-2010, 03:56 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to flapjak
You can't put food on the table if you work for Walmart.. they're a buncha cheap bastids!

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^| |___
|------Flapjak's Ride------- | ||'|";>
|_..._...____________| ||_|_|...,]
"(@)'(@)""""*|(@)(@)******(@)

My Facebook
post #5 of 25 Old 08-31-2010, 04:29 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

i have to admitit i go to wal mart on a daily basis and it is the cheapest place to buy food.
post #6 of 25 Old 08-31-2010, 04:32 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

it's amazing that with a profit margin like that, they still manage to pay their workers either minimum wage or not much more than minimum wage. the rich get richer!
post #7 of 25 Old 08-31-2010, 06:22 PM
Damn I'm Getting Old

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden41 View Post
Recieved this email, can't verify the numbers but i wouldn't be surprised.
Snopes says its mostly accurate...

post #8 of 25 Old 08-31-2010, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by pongo View Post
Wal-Mart has caused as much unemployement with its practice of undercutting small businesses in every town it opens in then they hire....The people that have either lost their business and or jobs as a result can only get part-time employement at Wal-Mart and then are taught to seek government assistance due to the low wage and lack of hours. All the merchandise comes from China....If you have a job a Wal-Mart you don't know if the company has a separate life insurance policy on you that pays the company if you die and not your family........Something like our government does when you die and they keep your social security etc.....So i really don't see much of a difference with our current government and the Wal-Mart business strategy...but i like your post...i just hate Wal-Mart...
Guess the difference is the gov't is broke and in debt, wal-mart is not. For the record, i'm not a big fan of wal-mart either, rare that i shop there. I'd like to say because of their business practices, but more because their lack of customer service and crowds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooki View Post
Snopes says its mostly accurate...
I was afraid of that, but somehow not surprised. I counted up 4 within 15 miles, double that if you increase it to 20 miles.
post #9 of 25 Old 08-31-2010, 09:47 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Wal-Mart has caused as much unemployment with its practice of undercutting small businesses in every town it opens in
Plus not offering a "living wage" to those they do employ.

As a former employee of a National Laboratory. I take exception to your figure of 16,000 DOE employees. Hey, I loved working there, but talk about bureaucracy!
Quote:
The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our dependence on foreign oil. It has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a budget of $24 billion a year and we import more oil than ever before. You had 32 years to get it right and it is an abysmal failure.
Add in the almost 94,000 "contract" workers at the following sites, + the NNSA which was supposed to replace DOE, but now oversee's it.
OUR tax dollars at work!
Albany Research Center
Argonne National Laboratory
Bannister Federal Complex
Bettis Atomic Power Laboratory - focuses on the design and development of nuclear power for the U.S. Navy.
Brookhaven National Laboratory
Center for Functional Nanomaterials (under design or construction)
Center for Integrated Nanotechnologies (under design or construction)
Center for Nanophase Materials Sciences
Center for Nanoscale Materials (under design or construction)
Environmental Measurements Laboratory (now affiliated with the Department of Homeland Security)
Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
Idaho National Laboratory
Kansas City Plant
Knolls Atomic Power Laboratory - operates for Naval Reactors Program Research under the DOE - DOE facility, not a National Laboratory
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Los Alamos National Laboratory
National Petroleum Technology Office
Nevada Test Site
New Brunswick Laboratory
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Office of Fossil Energy[1]
Office of River Protection[2] (Hanford Site)
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
Pantex
Radiological and Environmental Sciences Laboratory
Sandia National Laboratories
Savannah River National Laboratory
SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory
Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility
Y-12 National Security Complex
Yucca Mountain nuclear waste repository
post #10 of 25 Old 09-01-2010, 04:52 AM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Ill have to say that I think Walmart would do a much more efficient job than our government. By the way, Im not sure our President or the 535 members of our legislature deserve more than the minimum wage that Walmart would pay them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in