Honda Polish is back! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 02-23-2007, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Thumbs up Honda Polish is back!

Just got back from the stealership, and low and behold.....Honda Polish is back in stock. I picked up 4 cans

They quit selling it around September last year, here in Ohio. Glad to see it back on the shelves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 02-23-2007, 02:31 PM
La Flama Blanca

Posting Frequency

Never got what the fuss over this stuff was all about, conventional wax works just as good. Get you some Mequiers spray detailer and get a good few coats of gold class paste carnuba wax and she will shine like you won't believe!

"Now, I am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"
post #3 of 10 Old 02-23-2007, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9R to 10R
Never got what the fuss over this stuff was all about, conventional wax works just as good. Get you some Mequiers spray detailer and get a good few coats of gold class paste carnuba wax and she will shine like you won't believe!

I have the meguires 3 step system.
post #4 of 10 Old 02-23-2007, 08:00 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Get a can of Honda polish and you will see. I wax my bike once a year with wax then use the Honda polish either before or after every ride. I does great to remove the bugs and grime. I safe for plastics, metal, and helmets.

The stuff is just a great all around claner. It ever takes chain lube right off with no problems.
post #5 of 10 Old 02-23-2007, 08:03 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to grover
Honda polish works good for a quick clean on the bike and helmet. I heard from some friends that work at honda that they first changed the formula then they were going to stop making it all together. I use plexus now and it seems to work just fine.

KRONREIF TRUNKENPOLZ MATTIGHOFEN

post #6 of 10 Old 02-23-2007, 08:10 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Are we talking about the aerosal can of Honda plastic polish. Actually I believe it polishes just about any surface. Anyway I know this stuff is great because I've been using it on the plastics and mirrors of my bikes for several years now. If nothing else it is a excellent product for cleaning the plastics.As for the painted bodywork I use Meguires cleaner wax only. I'm sure the three step process is good too but thats a little too overboard for me. For the record I could probably clean the whole bike with the Honda polish but not anything I'm aware of made by Meguires is as versatile. Now heres the proof, its the little things like the black plastic rear tire hugger on my 10r or the black plastic sides of the front fender. Yeah you know what I'm referring too, try wax on those pieces and they won't be black for long because of the way they're made. They're not smooth surfaces so the wax tends to bind and stick no matter how clean the rag is you use to polish. Now I'm sure there is comparable products to the Honda polish, what are they? Fwiw Honda polish is pretty cheap too.
post #7 of 10 Old 02-23-2007, 08:26 PM
La Flama Blanca

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky
Get a can of Honda polish and you will see. I wax my bike once a year with wax then use the Honda polish either before or after every ride. I does great to remove the bugs and grime. I safe for plastics, metal, and helmets.

The stuff is just a great all around claner. It ever takes chain lube right off with no problems.
Oh, I have used it, it works but I don't think it works any better than any other spray detailer. Guess my bike does not get dirty enough to dee a difference, I detail it every time I ride it.

"Now, I am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"
post #8 of 10 Old 02-23-2007, 08:54 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

So do I, and I have used plexus and it always left a residue on everything where Honda polish doesnt.

I used to use Meguires detailer solution and still do on my car, but honda polish seems to do a better job of leaving a waxed feel on the bike then anything else did.
post #9 of 10 Old 02-23-2007, 11:12 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to zx10x2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja2k5
Just got back from the stealership, and low and behold.....Honda Polish is back in stock. I picked up 4 cans

They quit selling it around September last year, here in Ohio. Glad to see it back on the shelves.

- 90 Mustang Coupe - 578 hp Grocery Getter
- 06 ZX-10 no mods - I love it
- 10 F250 Crew Cab
- 08 F-450 Crew Cab

I HAD A HANDLE ON LIFE, BUT IT BROKE OFF
post #10 of 10 Old 02-24-2007, 12:35 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

...great for dirtbikes but you might as well be using pledge or whatever. I haven't used the stuff on my streetbikes since '96 or so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in