• 1 Post By or10r
  • 2 Post By riding4life162

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 07-15-2015, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
Kawasaki Whisperer

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to MrMoto73
Hit and run drunk driver

Last week my wife was driving the car back from class and was sideswiped by another driver. Posting this up now as I finally have the police report from it.
Turns out the guy was drunk. For some reason he relapsed after 18 months of being sober. Anyway this guy pushed my wife off the road and scratched up the whole drivers side of our car pretty good. My wife didn't panic and followed the guy and managed to get a partial plate number which allowed the police to find the car and driver a week later.
The guy wasn't home, but his wife was. She found him passed out drunk in the car in the front lawn of their house and she took him to an inpatient detox facility. Cops went there to talk to him but he cannot recall even how he got to the detox facility.
They cited him for several offenses and we got the insurance info. All good so far. Best thing is this guy didn't kill anyone. There is nothing I despise more than drunk drivers!

I DON"T HAZ ANY SNYDER PROBLEMS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-15-2015, 01:39 PM
The Pace

Posting Frequency

omg, my stomach turned. Just terrible. ok, wife not injured, so at least the starting point is positive. Still, though, unless used to crashing like us dirt riders, kinda hard to shake off a crash for awhile. I would keep that in mind for a few months.

Last edited by scout; 07-15-2015 at 01:41 PM.
post #3 of 8 Old 07-15-2015, 08:26 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Dude, you seem to have the worst luck. So glad it turned out as good as it did and your wife was unscathed. That's got to be scary though. Hope the insurance works out for you and the guy stays off the road permanently.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #4 of 8 Old 07-15-2015, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
Kawasaki Whisperer

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to MrMoto73
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post
Dude, you seem to have the worst luck. So glad it turned out as good as it did and your wife was unscathed. That's got to be scary though. Hope the insurance works out for you and the guy stays off the road permanently.
No worse than anyone else.... except we do live in the bad part of town where the chances are higher for that sort of thing. Anyway, worst luck would be if my wife got hurt. It's good luck actually that the cops found the guy.

Only two more weeks though and we are moved out of the ghetto and into the upscale part of town. Now I'll have a garage to rebuild my classic firebirds...lol, a study for graduate school, and a nice backyard to relax in. :)

I DON"T HAZ ANY SNYDER PROBLEMS
post #5 of 8 Old 07-16-2015, 04:24 AM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Glad she wasn't hurt. Her or anyone else. I hate a drunk driver too. So many people killed or maimed each year by such an unnecessary thing.
MrMoto73 likes this.

post #6 of 8 Old 07-16-2015, 09:26 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I myself drink, so I don't have an issue with it, but when you put other peoples lives in danger, that's unacceptable. One of my friends employees killed someone this weekend because he was drinking and driving! No sympathy for him! I'm glad your wife is ok!!
scout and MrMoto73 like this.

BIKES (Past and Present)
CURRENT: 2004 GSXR-750
1983 Honda CB1000C (Black) Sold
1999 KTM 300 EXC Sold
1999 Kawi ZX7R (Kawi Red) Sold
2000 XR650R Sold
2001 Kawi ZX-6 (Green) Sold
2003 Kawi ZX-6RR (Blue) Sold
2004 Generic 50cc Gave away
2006 Honda XR650L (Red) Sold
2007 Kawi ZX-10R (Red) Parted
post #7 of 8 Old 07-16-2015, 10:33 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMoto73 View Post
Last week my wife was driving the car back from class and was sideswiped by another driver. Posting this up now as I finally have the police report from it.
Turns out the guy was drunk. For some reason he relapsed after 18 months of being sober. Anyway this guy pushed my wife off the road and scratched up the whole drivers side of our car pretty good. My wife didn't panic and followed the guy and managed to get a partial plate number which allowed the police to find the car and driver a week later.
The guy wasn't home, but his wife was. She found him passed out drunk in the car in the front lawn of their house and she took him to an inpatient detox facility. Cops went there to talk to him but he cannot recall even how he got to the detox facility.
They cited him for several offenses and we got the insurance info. All good so far. Best thing is this guy didn't kill anyone. There is nothing I despise more than drunk drivers!
Very fortunate. Insurance should take care of your car of course. It's all about people and there are a few who just don't pay attention. Drunks are awful but so are those who text or blabber on handheld phones, or just go around looking for trouble.

But that's how it is, right? We choose to ride regardless. Many of us ride way faster than is safe. It's all about risk. So this time the odds were overall in your favor and we hope that continues.
post #8 of 8 Old 07-16-2015, 01:55 PM
Judge Dredd Mod

Posting Frequency

Glad your lady wasn't hurt, and she did well in getting the information to LE. Keep us posted

BURNOUT.....
Attitudes are contagious. Mine might kill you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in