Help with pricing my 636... - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 Old 09-11-2005, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Help with pricing my 636...

Ok, I'm going to list the 636 for sale, but I can't seem to find any consistent pricing information on any in it's condition. I tried Kelly Blue Book and I think their "retail" price is WAY low. My ride is in excellent condition with 414 miles on it. I've pretty much decided to take the mods (Pazzo shorties, Akrapovic slip-on, and Attack rearsets at least. Not worried about the PUIG screen) off of it unless someone wants to pay extra (not what I paid for the stuff, but at least something for it) to get them with the bike.

I've tried cycle trader (only found ONE used '05 there in the whole southeast region) and ebay (not a very good indicator based on my experience). One used '05 with left side rash and more miles than mine is at $69XX.00 right now but the rest I found were still low bids/reserve not met, etc... Tried the Atlanta Craigslist and found one '05... listed at $4000 with a host of modifications and low miles (can you say scam boys and girls?).

At this point I'm lost as to where to start with pricing this thing. Anybody have any resources I haven't listed above that I could check to try and compare similar bikes and prices?

--
"Bottom line, when I'm on that bike, it's just me and God...And He better be holding on."- Stillie on SSB

Si vis pacem, para bellum...

El Diablo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old 09-11-2005, 03:10 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

i'll give you $2,500 for it...

seriously, i ran ads in cycletrader and ebay until it sold...adjusted the price as i went along and found some interest...

post #3 of 32 Old 09-11-2005, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Older Guy
i'll give you $2,500 for it...

seriously, i ran ads in cycletrader and ebay until it sold...adjusted the price as i went along and found some interest...

Thanks for the generous offer, but I think I'll pass.

--
"Bottom line, when I'm on that bike, it's just me and God...And He better be holding on."- Stillie on SSB

El Diablo
post #4 of 32 Old 09-11-2005, 03:33 PM
talker of shite

Posting Frequency

I reckon you should price it 10% less than a new 1 but include the bits

Has anyone seen my marbles ?
post #5 of 32 Old 09-11-2005, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno22
I reckon you should price it 10% less than a new 1 but include the bits

So around $7650 including the mods? It was $8500 new... -$850 puts it at $7650... I've got a little over $1k worth of mods on it... If I got $7650 for it with the mods that would put the bike around $7k if I figure recouping around 65% of the mod money... That sound about right? Given the mileage and condition I was sort of thinkin' around $7100-$7200 without the levers, exhaust and rearsets (leaving on the Galfer lines and the PUIG screen) and trying to get around 65-75% of what the mods cost me out of them selling them separate. I guess that would be a decent ballpark starting point.

--

El Diablo
post #6 of 32 Old 09-11-2005, 03:49 PM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

For sure sell the farkle seperately. Completly stock bikes seem to fetch the highest prices and you can make a little extra off the farkle seperately. Now is not the best time to be sellin' a bike. To bracket the price KBB trade-in is about $4,800, retail about $6,600. You can buy a new one for about $7,600. I'd say if the planets are aligned and you hold yer mouth right you might get $6,000.

Just out of morbid curiosity, why would anyone buy a bike and only put 400 miles on it? I think I had more than that on the ZX-10R the first day I had it.
post #7 of 32 Old 09-11-2005, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by swjohnsey
For sure sell the farkle seperately. Completly stock bikes seem to fetch the highest prices and you can make a little extra off the farkle seperately. Now is not the best time to be sellin' a bike. To bracket the price KBB trade-in is about $4,800, retail about $6,600. You can buy a new one for about $7,600. I'd say if the planets are aligned and you hold yer mouth right you might get $6,000.

Just out of morbid curiosity, why would anyone buy a bike and only put 400 miles on it? I think I had more than that on the ZX-10R the first day I had it.

Between work and other obligations I just haven't had a lot of time to ride since getting the 636. Also, I don't cummute at all on my bikes. I usually even cage it to bike nights. The only time I ride is when I'm going to hit some twisties. I hit the twisties and put the bike up. That's just my thing... Sort of like doing track days on the street, only I'm not as fast as the track guys.

And $6k? I think that's a little low...

--

El Diablo
post #8 of 32 Old 09-11-2005, 03:55 PM
talker of shite

Posting Frequency

Whats trade in value ?

post #9 of 32 Old 09-11-2005, 04:00 PM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

Trade-in is what a dealer you give you for the bike toward the purchase of a new bike.

Time ain't on yer side. I would get it all shined up and set it in some high traffic area with a "for sale" sign on it before the first cold spell.
post #10 of 32 Old 09-11-2005, 04:03 PM
talker of shite

Posting Frequency

Perhaps my previous post was a little short,I did mean how many $'s on a trade in

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in