Help? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 03-13-2008, 06:16 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Help?

Ok first I donít know if this belongs here but if it doesnít mods please move it to where it belongs. Iím going to attempt to try to make my story as short as possible so here I go.

So my friend is in a pretty ugly situation. He cosigns for one of our friends for a bike and misses payments and takes the bike back. Now he let a coworker of his take over the loan to the bike and had him sign a contract and had it notarized. His coworker gets arrested and misses the first payment and tries to get his bike back but his coworker hides the bike with his brother. Now his coworkers wife tells my friend where its at. My friend has to repo his own bike back and now death threats come into play form the coworker after he heard what happend. My friend is trying to get rid of the bike but he needs the other personís signature but the coworker refuses to sign any papers. The most information that he could get out of the bank is to try to refinance the bike under his own but heís afraid that his debt to income ration is pretty bad.

Has anyone encountered a situation like this? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Remember this is for my friend not me Iím just trying to help out a friend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-13-2008, 06:38 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

If it was me and the coworker wasn't totally crazy I'd maybe try to talk to him...from what it seems he hasn't really had any loss except the bike which technically if the loan is still in your buddies name has nothing to do with him at all depending on what the notarized contract states. I would think if he cosigned for the bike he may be able to get it refinanced in his own name...might be worth a shot. If not maybe he has someone else that can help like his parents or such who might have better credit.

Sounds like a pretty tough situation.

"You can't trust anyone, not even your own asshole; sometimes you think you're gonna fart and you sh*t."
post #3 of 6 Old 03-13-2008, 09:37 AM
PostWhore

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to GuitarPlyr
The moral of this story is:

Do not cosign for anyone!

John 8:24:
Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins."
post #4 of 6 Old 03-13-2008, 12:54 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

That's too complicated, the best thing your friend could possibly do at this point is get a lawyer... That or take the hit on his credit and let the lender repo the bike. After the initial experience with his friend, he should've known better to get into the same situation a second time...
post #5 of 6 Old 03-13-2008, 11:01 PM
Mythical Mod of Yore

Posting Frequency

Garage
Send a message via AIM to wicked Send a message via MSN to wicked Send a message via Yahoo to wicked
never lend money to (or in this case co-sign for) a friend...you'll end up losing both

- Doc
post #6 of 6 Old 03-14-2008, 07:51 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarPlyr View Post
The moral of this story is:

Do not cosign for anyone!

2008 Ninja Zx-10R

2005 GSXR 600 track bike
#637 NESBA

08 GSXR 600
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in