Helmet Laws, Where do you stand? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 51 Old 03-07-2007, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Helmet Laws, Where do you stand?

So I heard this segment on NPR today about this lobby group that goes from state to state to endorse that we drop the helmet law. Now, I feel that wearing a helmet is beyond a doubt will help save my life, while if I don't wear one it would be the leading cause of my death. Where do you all stand? Am I alone here? I know for a fact that my insurance is lower because of Michigan's helmet law. So I know for a fact that they will push my rates up if they would take away the law... Let's talk about this..

Chad

2007 Suzuki SV650S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 Old 03-07-2007, 08:41 PM
MIA Ex-Mod

Posting Frequency

SC doesn't require a helmet for a 21 yr old licensed rider but does require eye protection. My rates are pretty good at 500 a year for FC. I personally will always wear one though. My 5 days in ICU fixed me of that.

2004 PBO zx10-r pazzo, seat cowl, yoshi Ti TRS bolt on, PC3, Speedo-Healer, Hyperpro, Braided lines, 16-40, Sato sets, ZG dark screen, and more.
post #3 of 51 Old 03-07-2007, 08:52 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to shenanigans
riding without a helemt is just plain stupid. I won't ride unless I have a full face helmet on. even if I cruise choppers. I got a helmet I can take a pic of when I layed it down in the canyon one time. no big deal but if I didnt have that helmet on I probbaly would look like

-Dan AKA Shenanigans

post #4 of 51 Old 03-07-2007, 08:54 PM
Yankee Racer

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to zx10ragentblack
While I think helmets laws are good and I would ALWAYS wear one I think it should be the persons choice to kill themselves if they want to although for Insurance reasons it would be better to have helmet laws in most cases I imagine.
post #5 of 51 Old 03-07-2007, 09:04 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Never rode with a helmet when I first started on bikes, but now it's like second nature like wearing your seat belt...yes we are brave when young but that doesn't mean it was the smart thing to do.
post #6 of 51 Old 03-07-2007, 09:11 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10ragentblack
While I think helmets laws are good and I would ALWAYS wear one I think it should be the persons choice to kill themselves if they want to although for Insurance reasons it would be better to have helmet laws in most cases I imagine.

I think the law should be appealed personally, except if you are under a certain age say 18 or 21. However there is no way in the world I would ride without one.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
post #7 of 51 Old 03-07-2007, 09:24 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10ragentblack

NESBA #456 Intermediate
post #8 of 51 Old 03-07-2007, 09:27 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Put a disclaimer in the insurance policy and let natural selection take its course...

Tired of protecting idiots from themselves so they can make/raise idiot babies... The world is already infested with them...
post #9 of 51 Old 03-07-2007, 10:12 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
i'm all for the no helmet law, although i would never even consider wearing a helmet. however, i believe any injuries or death occuring to the rider not wearing a helmet or his motorcycle shouldn't be covered by any insurance company. if you want the "thrill" and "freedom" of riding without a helmet you should also be ready to accept any and all liability because of it, not make other more responsible riders take the hit for your rebeliousness.
post #10 of 51 Old 03-07-2007, 10:24 PM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

Here in Iowa there is no helmet law, wouldnt catch me not wearing mine ..i live right on the iowa/nebraska border last march went for a ride in Nebraska(helmet law there) and ended up in a ditch...helmet was scratched all to hell but my head was fine....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in