Harley rider trying to shoe off almost wrecks. - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 08-15-2010, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Harley rider trying to shoe off almost wrecks.

So I am heading over to my friends house to go for a ride. I'm heading down the interstate doing 80 and 3 guys on Harleys fly by me? I just let them go and keep on pace. I get to my exit and there is the first guy on the Harley. I like hitting corners so I'm closing in on this guy. Coming into the intersection I'm like man he is hitting this corner hard? I lower the bike into the turn looking through where I want to go. As I am in mid corner I look over and the guy has drifted across 3 lanes and is wobbling bad freaking out. He misses the guard rail by inches! I drive through way under him, and leave him. I'm no badass but I can handle a bike pretty well, and know my limits. So after a bit I look back and he his behind me only off me one bike length? I just turn off to my buddies house shaking my head. Can't understand why some people want to show up a sportbike on a cruiser? Guess he thought I was some young kid who couldn't ride or something? Oh well just thought I'd share.. lol No I don't have chicken strips on my tires.

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/99a6ceeb
^Magazine my bike is in^
Facebook 465motorsports
Sponsors-Core Moto, Indy Ducati, 465 Motorsports, Seats By Tommy, Blingrockets, Sportbike Lights, Pro Kote Indy, True Finish, Indy Ducati.
Wrecked. Body mods; broken shoulder, #2-#12 ribs broken, 2 leg fractures, 2 broken teeth, broken wrist, road rash, 3 day coma.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 08-15-2010, 12:48 PM
Licensed Dist of HaterAde

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to TMY10ER
Good story!!! I've had similar experiences BUT i had a guy with a passenger want to run me on the freeway a few weeks ago for cripes sake!!!!he was on a big ass softtail or something like that!! what i really get a kick out of is when i run across a kid...or another rider on a 600 that wants to give it a go....i never understood that? even when i had my 750 i knew what battles to pick to keep from looking like a chump.....and that's NOT saying i never got outrun,rundown,and had my ass handed to me on either bike....just some people will try anything i guess.

Take a risk, and you may lose. Never risk, and you will always lose.

post #3 of 18 Old 08-15-2010, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Hell I always hit that corner at a good pace. I wasn't even screwing with him? I knew he was riding way over his limits. Constructin yellow boots, jeans, HJC helmet 85 bucks, long sleeve flamed arm shirt, leather construction gloves.... I think it was a sportster?

Me wearing A* SMX boots, Jeans(reinforced), Speed and Strength Textile, Fox racing gloves, HJC Ben Spies Trophy helmet.

The ground temp was 116 degrees on asphalt so he couldn't blame the tires.lol Sorry I always look at ground temps for some stupid reason?

^Magazine my bike is in^
Facebook 465motorsports
Sponsors-Core Moto, Indy Ducati, 465 Motorsports, Seats By Tommy, Blingrockets, Sportbike Lights, Pro Kote Indy, True Finish, Indy Ducati.
Wrecked. Body mods; broken shoulder, #2-#12 ribs broken, 2 leg fractures, 2 broken teeth, broken wrist, road rash, 3 day coma.
post #4 of 18 Old 08-15-2010, 01:05 PM
Licensed Dist of HaterAde

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to TMY10ER
I think some people are just under the dillusion that they can track down AND outrun anything OR that they have the biggest set of balls on the block when it comes to all things manly n such?

Take a risk, and you may lose. Never risk, and you will always lose.

post #5 of 18 Old 08-15-2010, 11:13 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to ducatibrandon
Well did he get his shoe off or not.....lol J/K
post #6 of 18 Old 08-15-2010, 11:34 PM
PJD
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatibrandon View Post
Well did he get his shoe off or not.....lol J/K
i was going to ask the same thing..lol

Dame shoe's off monkeys.
post #7 of 18 Old 08-15-2010, 11:37 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabooki View Post
The ground temp was 116 degrees on asphalt so he couldn't blame the tires.lol Sorry I always look at ground temps for some stupid reason?
Wish I had an IR guage on my 10. I mean you know when the ground is warm or not but for some reason I'd like to know anyway

post #8 of 18 Old 08-16-2010, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I knew one of you assbags would point the mispelled show(shoe) out! lol My bad, dammit!

^Magazine my bike is in^
Facebook 465motorsports
post #9 of 18 Old 08-16-2010, 09:25 PM
Supercharged Mod

Posting Frequency

In the vicinity of Deal's Gap, I caught up to someone on a Gold Wing while riding my FZR400. Rather than letting me by, they tried speeding up to stay ahead. Then footpegs started scraping and they ran a little wide ... then they let me past.

Helibars, MRA screen, Ohlins damper, reversed shift pattern, sorted suspension, braided lines, Michelin Pilot Power, all else stock 'coz it's fast enough!
post #10 of 18 Old 08-16-2010, 09:32 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

guy on a hog did a tankslapper in front of me in a turn, same scenario.
at the light he's like "she wont let me down"
what-the-fuck-ever

team FTP
Area p, zx14 nissins and mc
Riflemans 1/5. -1 +1 sprockets w/chrome ek zzz. galfer lines. K&n.,ultra custom black front fender // over 55k miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in