Guys that placed puppy in the oven get... - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 Old 02-28-2007, 02:34 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Guys that placed puppy in the oven get...

Serves the fu%kers right!

Guys that placed puppy in oven get 10 years in jail!

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/me...uppy.html?imw=Y

2 teens get 10 years in tortured puppy case
Brothers receive little sympathy from judge

By D.L. BENNETT
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 02/10/07

Two brothers who admitted torturing and killing a small puppy by baking it to death inside a gas oven will serve 10 years in prison.

Justin and Joshua Moulder, who essentially threw themselves on the mercy of the court last month with guilty pleas to nine felony counts, found little sympathy from Fulton County Superior Court Judge Thelma Wyatt Cummings Moore at Friday's three-hour sentencing.

She described the acts the boys pleaded guilty to taking the puppy and smearing paint on it, trying to set it on fire, hog tying its feet with duct tape and binding its snout before stuffing it into a searing hot gas oven as "malicious, unbridled cruelty."

"The way we treat animals, the way we treat the least of these is a reflection of society," Moore said.

"We will not tolerate this conduct as human beings."

Moore sentenced the brothers, ages 19 and 17, to the maximum on several counts, merging the times in jail for a final sentence of 10 years in prison, plus 10 years of probation. The felony animal cruelty charge carried a maximum of 5 years in prison. However, the time in jail increased because of charges for burglary, criminal damage to property and child cruelty.

The sentence matched the recommendation of prosecutors. Defense lawyers asked for six months in prison plus four and a half years on probation. The brothers could have been given as many as 90 years in jail.

The sentence drew a mixed reaction from a courtroom primarily packed with animal lovers hoping for serious prison time. Some wiped tears. Several waited for prosecutors Laura Janssen and Ron Dixon to leave the courtroom so they could applaud and hug them.

"I wish it was more time ... I'd hate to see them out in another 10 years" said Roswell resident Ginnie Blount. Her 9-year-old daughter Abigail, touched by the dog's suffering, gathered more than 200 signatures from folks who supported stern punishment.

Dr. Melinda Merck, an animal cruelty expert who testified during the trial in December which ended in a hung jury, was ecstatic.

"We did good," she said. "I feel like all the work we did was validated. The judge and the jury got it."

Meanwhile, family members and defense lawyers left the courtroom stunned.

Jody Horsley, the father of both young men, wiped tears after the verdict. So did defense lawyer Timothy Owens, who never expected such a sentence when he agreed to let his client plead guilty.

"That was an armed robbery, a rape sentence," Owens said. "Maybe if they had shot or stabbed someone, they would have gotten a better sentence."

Horsley seemed at a loss to understand the scope of how long both will be jailed.

"It wasn't justice, that's for sure," Horsley said.

Prosecutors spent two hours Friday showing the lengthy juvenile records of the Moulders, saying that the puppy's grisly death was an escalation of a dangerous pattern established long ago.

Joshua Moulder, the younger brother, had been in an out of psychiatric care and state youth detention centers for years, records showed. He had been accused of breaking into homes, arson, threatening to beat and kill his own mother and trashing a foster home.

Justin Moulder, while in foster care, had been charged with aggravated sexual battery of a 3-year-old boy, prosecutors said. He was charged as an adult but prosecuted as a minor. He also was convicted of shoplifting as an adult.

Joshua Moulder said nothing at Friday's sentencing. Justin Moulder read a brief statement, apologizing for their actions.

"We are here to ask for forgiveness and a second chance at life," the elder brother said. "If I am given another chance, I will make up for it."

All the charges stemmed from an incident last Aug. 21 inside the community center at Englewood Manor apartments in northwest Atlanta.

At trial in December, prosecutors said the brothers broke into the newly remodeled center and trashed it. During the rampage, prosecutors said, they bound a stray puppy found by a sister and tossed it into the burning oven.

Eleven jurors were ready to convict the Moulders. But one refused, leaving the jury hung.

The pleas came Jan. 26 as defense lawyers and prosecutors prepped for a final pre-trial motion before the retrial, which was set to begin Jan. 29. The blind guilty pleas entered to nine felony counts allowed the judge to decide how many years each youth will serve.

The district attorney's office has received more than 5,000 letters and e-mails from people upset about the crime. More than 25,000 signed an Internet petition in support of prosecution of the case as a felony.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 Old 02-28-2007, 03:27 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to shenanigans
some people just don't get life do they. 17 and 19 years old come on they should be out getting laid and drunk not killing puppies and burglarizing places. I think the sentence was somewhat fair but as the defense lawyer said "That was an armed robbery, a rape sentence," Owens said. "Maybe if they had shot or stabbed someone, they would have gotten a better sentence." is very true. still 10 years is what they deserve

-Dan AKA Shenanigans

post #3 of 40 Old 02-28-2007, 03:54 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Dumb Fu*%s shoulda been thrown in the oven themselves, all kinda shit out there.
post #4 of 40 Old 02-28-2007, 04:24 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zega
Dumb Fu*%s shoulda been thrown in the oven themselves, all kinda shit out there.
i second that fuckin idiots
post #5 of 40 Old 02-28-2007, 04:42 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I thought the punishment for torture is life. Why not do the same to them as did to others. Who cruel can people get/
post #6 of 40 Old 02-28-2007, 05:12 AM
Currently Clueless

Posting Frequency

I feel bad for the puppy. Not into animal cruelty. I'll shoot a person no prob, not into torturing animals though.Thats just wrong.

Taking the WORLD over 1 Blonde at a time
post #7 of 40 Old 02-28-2007, 05:14 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slims10R
I'll shoot a person no prob
LOL. I know what you mean by that. It's just not right to do something to an unintelligent puppy.
post #8 of 40 Old 02-28-2007, 05:16 AM
Currently Clueless

Posting Frequency

yep and animals really can't defend themselves against morons like them.

post #9 of 40 Old 02-28-2007, 05:17 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slims10R
I feel bad for the puppy. Not into animal cruelty. I'll shoot a person no prob, not into torturing animals though.Thats just wrong.
+1000, Humans can be the crulest animals! This just isn't about the puppy, these two wastes will be a burden to society for the rest of their lives. They should be neutered.

Three things that don't remain hidden for long, the moon, the sun and the truth!
post #10 of 40 Old 02-28-2007, 05:24 AM
Currently Clueless

Posting Frequency

I hope they have many good ass rapings while in the can

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in