Government systems at its finest POLITICS - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 Old 08-24-2012, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Government systems at its finest POLITICS

So I own a rental house with another family member and we rented it out to a family a few years back. Because we wanted to help them out and let them get a good start at their new place, we decided to give them the first month free and no security deposit. (650.00 per month which is cheap. after 2 years raised to 800.00) for a 3 bed two bath with garage and fenced yard. And the house was freshly remodeled up and down!

Well we had to kick them out after not paying the rent or water bill and ect for a few months. We went in the house and it was flea infested and reaked of the scent of piss and shit and tore the house all to hell causing 13k or so in damages. We took pictures before and after, kept receipts of everything. After winning in court she now had to pay the 13k plus that was spent on the house not including some random stuff we just decided to eat in cost. Well, she filed bankruptcy and we were on the list of people she owed and now she does not have to pay. So if you do the math we made nothing off the house for quite some time. (luckily morgage is paid)

Later...

Now we have a new tenant who is 21 with a child. The government assitance program (section 8) pays all of her rent but 100.00 dollars so we are garunteed most of the payment. She does not work or go to school so I have no idea what she does all day. All she has to pay is 100.00 dollars to us and she is ALWAYS late. And now she is blowing up the phone saying that she wants us to tell housing authority that we raised the rent, this way she will not have to pay anything at all. lol absolutely amazing.

I find it crazy how someone like this is will get government assistance, in my eyes shes being rewarded for having a child at a young age and doing nothing at all and taking full advantage. And I know someone who actually NEEDS assistance but she "makes too much" and after she did the math it would be cheaper for her to stay home and get gov't assistance than go to work. (based on gas to get there, time spent and ect). I am sure not all people milk the gov't like this case but heres two systems that have failed at least for me in this situation
Any opinions?

@SUPRAMAN42

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 08-24-2012, 04:16 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Horse shit .
post #3 of 26 Old 08-24-2012, 04:20 PM
Supercharged Mod

Posting Frequency

Landlord and tenant laws are severely biased towards the tenant. Renting out a house that I don't also live in, is something I would never do. Too much risk.

(I've rented out a room in the house in the past but only while I still live there and only to people that I know; can't be bothered any more.)

Helibars, MRA screen, Ohlins damper, reversed shift pattern, sorted suspension, braided lines, Michelin Pilot Power, all else stock 'coz it's fast enough!
post #4 of 26 Old 08-24-2012, 05:54 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Raise the rent to the point where you won't get low life's living in it.
Sucks that people abuse the system, but it gets their votes to the right people and continues the cycle that pushes our country closer and closer to the drain.
Oh well, America isn't going to improve for a long, long, long time.
Polotics really do ruin everything.....
post #5 of 26 Old 08-24-2012, 06:25 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

That sucks! And I know what you mean when people that actually need assistance get fucked over!...
When I was 21, I worked full time, went to school almost full time at night, and had a young daughter, yet I couldn't get food stamps because I "made too much" which was bullshit!!! I went to the welfare office, they said sorry, yet they were more than willing to help out all the illiegals and strung out drug addicts who were just trying to milk the system, while a hard working young family guy didn't who was striving to better his life didn't get shit! Sorry bout my rant, but it really upset me! Luckily I just worked my ass off through the struggle and im in a great place now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedinseattle View Post
i could give two shits if you were taking a bubble bath in applesauce being fed grapes by lemurs with electrodes attached to your nipples in the bed of a semi truck, as long as you're not holding up traffic, go for it
post #6 of 26 Old 08-24-2012, 07:25 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightCoastRipper View Post
So I own a rental house with another family member and we rented it out to a family a few years back. Because we wanted to help them out and let them get a good start at their new place, we decided to give them the first month free and no security deposit. (650.00 per month which is cheap. after 2 years raised to 800.00) for a 3 bed two bath with garage and fenced yard. And the house was freshly remodeled up and down!

Well we had to kick them out after not paying the rent or water bill and ect for a few months. We went in the house and it was flea infested and reaked of the scent of piss and shit and tore the house all to hell causing 13k or so in damages. We took pictures before and after, kept receipts of everything. After winning in court she now had to pay the 13k plus that was spent on the house not including some random stuff we just decided to eat in cost. Well, she filed bankruptcy and we were on the list of people she owed and now she does not have to pay. So if you do the math we made nothing off the house for quite some time. (luckily morgage is paid)

Later...

Now we have a new tenant who is 21 with a child. The government assitance program (section 8) pays all of her rent but 100.00 dollars so we are garunteed most of the payment. She does not work or go to school so I have no idea what she does all day. All she has to pay is 100.00 dollars to us and she is ALWAYS late. And now she is blowing up the phone saying that she wants us to tell housing authority that we raised the rent, this way she will not have to pay anything at all. lol absolutely amazing.

I find it crazy how someone like this is will get government assistance, in my eyes shes being rewarded for having a child at a young age and doing nothing at all and taking full advantage. And I know someone who actually NEEDS assistance but she "makes too much" and after she did the math it would be cheaper for her to stay home and get gov't assistance than go to work. (based on gas to get there, time spent and ect). I am sure not all people milk the gov't like this case but heres two systems that have failed at least for me in this situation
Any opinions?
But can't you claim the $14k as loss on your taxes? She filed bankruptcy, which is granted by a judge. Therefore, it is a legit loss that you can prove.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

While your "Gone Fishing", I'll be ridin Kaws!!!!
post #7 of 26 Old 08-24-2012, 08:32 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDDTrax View Post
But can't you claim the $14k as loss on your taxes? She filed bankruptcy, which is granted by a judge. Therefore, it is a legit loss that you can prove.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

Good point!!!

I agree with some other comments on here. My sister screwed up when she was younger, and had to rely on gov't assistance for a little bit. She hated being on it, so as soon as the baby was born she tried to go back to work. She was basically told that all of her assistance would be gone because she made about 10.00/hr !!!!!

So I had her move in with me so she could work and feel proud about getting off of gov't assistance.

The way things are set up it gives incentives to STAY on assistance rather than getting OFF of it.

I don't think anyone objects to the truly needy getting help to get back on their feet, but some people are worthless at everything EXCEPT knowing how to fill out government forms correctly.

قودبيي فتهر
post #8 of 26 Old 08-24-2012, 08:56 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by soida View Post
I don't think anyone objects to the truly needy getting help to get back on their feet, but some people are worthless at everything EXCEPT knowing how to fill out government forms correctly.
I have a neighbor I know couldn't afford the house unless they were on Government assistance. The Mom is healthy as a horse could hold a conversation but all she would do is drink in the back yard all day, then all of a sudden her brother(street bum), mother(for awhile) and sons(teenage and of age) are there at times but she is gone. I finally got a chance to ask one of the sons what happened to your mom it turned out she got into an accident DUI and is locked up for a year....also the sons have some serious plants growing in the back yard......real shame I go to work everyday and some get to drink and grow weed all day on my dime too.

bloo

Sent from My Computer via DSL mid to low service Firefox updated version, sometimes wireless sometimes Wire from the garage depending on connection speed.
post #9 of 26 Old 08-25-2012, 06:38 AM
MIA Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil View Post
dime
Drop that dime.

People need to get more involved. If it's not reported, no outrage shown, it will continue. Bitching on the mc forum changes nothing.

2011 Ninja 1K street
2004 636 track
post #10 of 26 Old 08-25-2012, 08:26 AM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by miykl View Post
Drop that dime.

People need to get more involved. If it's not reported, no outrage shown, it will continue. Bitching on the mc forum changes nothing.
Not sure if your refering to the OP or me but if me you assume wrong

The problem is it's easy for them to get assistance but it's hard at least I found to report fraud or if reported it seems no one cares at the government level to take action unless they have to. For example the only reporting website I found I filled out a complaint form even sent pictures of the property....no response....the owner won't return my phone calls either.

Than 2 days ago the AT&T guy came to hook up my bundle package but needed access to the phone box next door, he seen the 5ft high plants and said AT&T just tells them to mind their business like maybe I should it doesn't seem to help with any of the actions I taken so far.

And for the record I don't mind bitching on THIS MC forum sometimes members have better answers or may be able to help as they might have been is a similiar situation.

Sent from My Computer via DSL mid to low service Firefox updated version, sometimes wireless sometimes Wire from the garage depending on connection speed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in