Got pulled over... - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 06-14-2005, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
Still here

Posting Frequency

Got pulled over...

So i'm going to a friend's house, riding my 900rr cause it has been sitting a while and I was going to leave it unattended.

I'm sitting at a light thinking what a nice night it finally was, when out of nowhere I hear "...license and registration..."

Freaked me out because I'm usually pretty alert about who is around me at all times and attuned to movement where there was none before.

The guy totally snuck up on me in his miami blue uniform. Didn't even want me to pull off the road, just kept me in the lane.

As I was fumbling for my wallet he pretty quickly told me he just wanted to check for my endorsement. Took my glove off and fumbled more through my wallet, showed him my license. He was expalaining that he got me at the light because so many people run.

I asked him if I did something dumb to get his attention.
I didn't htink I had but.... Anyway he said technically my visor was open- which it was- but that he was just using it as an excuse to check for endorsement because so many don't have them. (He came across pretty cool not being a dick- If I was scum on a stolen bike and I had no license, he would have caught me I guess.) No lectures or tickets at least.

So I guess for any that don't have your endorsement, get it.

Ironically- Now it's time to watch the new episode of Reno 911.
I've never told my cousin, who is a Deputy Sheriff, that Ofcr. Junior on this show looks kind of like him. Enough to make me laugh at that alone.

Later
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 06-15-2005, 08:45 AM

Posting Frequency

I saw something like that happen the other day, on the beach (near 5th street). The guy was stopped waiting for the light....the cop was headed in the other direction.....he stoped in the middle of the road........behind the guy on the bike.......walked up, behind the dude on the bike and tapped the guy on the shoulder....i was in a car, driving past so who knows what happened after that.

WAS THAT YOU?
post #3 of 10 Old 06-15-2005, 11:31 AM
OG Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to stunnerific_harry
damn they do it ninja style there

Kip: Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
Pedro: Yes. I don't understand... they say you're not allowed to have pinatas that look like real people, but in Mexico, we do it all the time.
Pedro: Vote for me, and all your wildest dreams will come true.
post #4 of 10 Old 06-15-2005, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
Still here

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunnerific_harry
damn they do it ninja style there
good one Harry.

No that wasn't me on the beach. This was on Flagler near 67th ave, about an hour before I posted.
Night time- guess creeping is a new way to check endorsements. I don't think he touched me or tapped my shoulder though.

Would have been really pissed about the whole but the guy was pretty cool and quick about it-also I was glad not to be getting a ticket.

I was more pisssed at myself that ANYONE crept up on me at the light.

Not that I would have run from the cop, but if it had been a bad guy he still would have crept on me.

That would suck, especially on the ZX.
post #5 of 10 Old 06-15-2005, 01:21 PM

Posting Frequency

WOW, that stinks.....
Just from being in the industry I can see where he was coming from...I'd have to say 7 out of 10 customers don't have an endosement....sh*t, some of those don't even have a drivers license period!!!
post #6 of 10 Old 06-15-2005, 02:34 PM
MIA Post Whore

Posting Frequency

This past Sunday, I rolled through 2 State Trooper inspection sticker stops. They were pulling cars over left and right. I had no mirrors and no rear turn signals. Instant pucker at the thought of my shrinking wallet. Just got waved through both. I feel for you guys that get harrassed by the popo. We realy have to be acting the ass to get pulled.

2011 Ninja 1K street
2004 636 track
post #7 of 10 Old 06-15-2005, 02:55 PM

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcykleash
WOW, that stinks.....
Just from being in the industry I can see where he was coming from...I'd have to say 7 out of 10 customers don't have an endosement....sh*t, some of those don't even have a drivers license period!!!
WOW....

Now im trully in awe....

A female, who rides a 10 and carries a gun.
post #8 of 10 Old 06-15-2005, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Still here

Posting Frequency

Ash meant the motorcycle industry- though who knows she could carry a gun.
post #9 of 10 Old 06-15-2005, 09:20 PM

Posting Frequency

damn...you had to go and tell me.

couldn't bare to let me wallow in the fantasy.

damn you, lol.
post #10 of 10 Old 06-15-2005, 09:54 PM

Posting Frequency

The cops are really being weirdos lately ,everywhere it seems. A week ago I saw a guy at a stop light on a older honda push up his glasses to rub his eyes and BAM out of nowhere a cop turns on the cherries. He had mirrors a licensce plate and turn signals ,and he didn't come streaking up to the light so I guess moving your glasses to rub your eye is now a crime even if you are not moving.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in