GoPro and smoke screen?!?! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 06-17-2012, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

GoPro and smoke screen?!?!

I was looking for different places to mount my GoPro and found the perfect place on the tank. My only problem is that I have a black Puig Z-Racing windscreen and when I looked at the footage I took, Of course you can't see anything behind the screen. So now I am going to buy another screen. I loved my black screen and it matched well with my bike. My question is should I get a dark smoke or light smoke screen this time? I would prefer the dark smoke but I'm not sure how much you will be able to see through the GoPro. Any opinions.

Custom FE/CA taillight/TechSpec/Driven D-Axis gas cap/Cox Racing/Champs frame-fork-swingarm sliders/Puig ZRacing/Titax/Woodcraft-Attack case covers/SME rear axle block sliders/Misc carbon fiber/ZG Latigo/HID's/M4 Street Slayer/BMC/XTre/EK 520 MVXZ/+4 Drive Sys/SpeedoHealer/HEL 'Stealth'-Motul RBF600-Galfer pads/KyleRacing damper/Rifleman's/Ivans b/o plates/Q3's/Motul 300v/Engine Ice/Shorai
http://www.maresohana.com/ktrsd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-17-2012, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Heres a clip of where I mounted it. The GoPro flat adhesive mount fits perfect between my tank pad and gas cap. As you can see, when the cars drive by, they disappear behind my screen.
Like I said, I would love the dark smoke but if I wont be able to see that much better then I will go with the light smoke. Does anyone with a dark smoke screen and a camera mounted on the tank have any issues?

Custom FE/CA taillight/TechSpec/Driven D-Axis gas cap/Cox Racing/Champs frame-fork-swingarm sliders/Puig ZRacing/Titax/Woodcraft-Attack case covers/SME rear axle block sliders/Misc carbon fiber/ZG Latigo/HID's/M4 Street Slayer/BMC/XTre/EK 520 MVXZ/+4 Drive Sys/SpeedoHealer/HEL 'Stealth'-Motul RBF600-Galfer pads/KyleRacing damper/Rifleman's/Ivans b/o plates/Q3's/Motul 300v/Engine Ice/Shorai
http://www.maresohana.com/ktrsd

Last edited by ikaika; 06-17-2012 at 08:33 PM.
post #3 of 6 Old 06-18-2012, 12:12 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I think what you'll have to do in order to get good footage is have it closer to the screen so it can properly adjust to the brightness/darkness. I have a dark screen and my gopro on the handle bar pointing right through it, at night with normal settings it wasn't the best, but could still sorta see. Made some adjustments but have yet to test it. I just can't bring myself to putting a clear screen on my bike when black looks so good.
post #4 of 6 Old 06-18-2012, 01:13 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Ive got mine as close as possible and ya can see thru my puig dark smoke during the day and if ya put the camera behind ya filler you will hit it
post #5 of 6 Old 06-18-2012, 03:59 AM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Heres my dark smoke from the tank.

post #6 of 6 Old 06-19-2012, 11:38 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

If you have frame sliders the GoPro fits perfectly with a roll bar clamp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in