good ride this weekend - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 07-24-2012, 03:29 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

good ride this weekend

I caught up with some friends on Saturday morning. They rode a 100 miles to meet my brother and I. Then went the rest of the way together to turn-around and take old RT66 from the TX state line the 130ish miles back to even with his house (by El Reno). Then got up the next morning and rode the other half of the state on Ol' 66 to the KS border. Then took the interstate back (about 450 miles and 14 hours). We didn't speed and took a decent lunch and stopped at Pop's for a while. For those in the OKC area Pop'sis pretty cool. It is gas station that has a little dinner but the main gimmick is they sell over 600 flavors of soda.It is just off RT66 in Arcadia. I got a buddy a bottle of Rat Bastard Root Beer.

War is about killing people and breaking things. It ain't the olympics. Its not supposed to be fair. Tom Clancy

ialsodontknowwhynewpeoplecantseperatetheirthoghtss owecanreadthemitmakesitunweidlyandannoyingtryingto decipherwhattheyaretryingtosaysoiusuallyjustmoveon atleastyouusedpuncuationthoughsocongratsonthatbutm aybeinthefutureyoucanhelpusalloutbecauseyouoranyon eelsewillgetmorerepliesifyoudontwriteonebigrunonth atsimpossibletoread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-24-2012, 03:36 AM
Servo's Eliminatus ;)

Posting Frequency

680 miles for a ride. Impressive sir.

If your hair is short and nappy...
Afrosheen will make you happy.
Anyone remember that one from the 1970's ?
post #3 of 8 Old 07-24-2012, 03:38 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Thank you. I forgot to mention the 40 miles to meet them and the 125 miles home today.

War is about killing people and breaking things. It ain't the olympics. Its not supposed to be fair. Tom Clancy

ialsodontknowwhynewpeoplecantseperatetheirthoghtss owecanreadthemitmakesitunweidlyandannoyingtryingto decipherwhattheyaretryingtosaysoiusuallyjustmoveon atleastyouusedpuncuationthoughsocongratsonthatbutm aybeinthefutureyoucanhelpusalloutbecauseyouoranyon eelsewillgetmorerepliesifyoudontwriteonebigrunonth atsimpossibletoread
post #4 of 8 Old 07-24-2012, 03:49 AM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellsrazor View Post
680 miles for a ride. Impressive sir.
I dont think my hands could take that much buZZ!

post #5 of 8 Old 07-24-2012, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I don't go a mile without my gloves. It was mostly 55mph or less the trip back was 75ish down the turnpike. The low revs kept the buzz at bay and I averaged a little over 40mpg!

One guy rode a 09 CBR600 that he cheap off CL. He replaced the plastics but the bar ends are gone and he did it without gloves.

post #6 of 8 Old 07-25-2012, 06:49 AM
Boomer Sooner!

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by or10r View Post
I dont think my hands could take that much buZZ!
Dont think i could be on the bike that long! Although seems like a fun ride. I wanna ride down SE OK sometime, and ride around through the hills down there. Hear its real beautiful down there.

Boomer Sooner!!!
post #7 of 8 Old 07-25-2012, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

for an all day ride. Talimena driveis excellent. Starts in Talihina, Ok and ends in Mena, AK. there is a pretty medeocre pizza place there. then ride back. the actual fun road is about 60miles 1 way. When my friends still lived in Mcalister I would ride a couple times a year. Some times we would load up tents and camp at the half way point. Hwy 81 south if Stigler is fun (its pretty close to Eufala). The fun roads are out by Wilburton and Coalgate. Just make sure you have the fuel to out run the banjos on some of the back roads.

The most fun I have every had on a bike was when my friend and I rode Talimena on a warm day in Oct. It was a high of 55-60. Warm enough to ride and and still cold time of the year so nobody else was going. I think I was 2 other bikes and a couple vettes out playing. If you go in the early spring or late fall your chances of getting stuck behind goldwings and minivans are much lower.

Last edited by sam_b03; 07-25-2012 at 07:26 PM.
post #8 of 8 Old 07-25-2012, 08:24 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Iron butt

@SUPRAMAN42

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in