Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

Kawasaki ZX-10R.net (https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/)
-   The Out House (https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/f24/)
-   -   Good news....and facking bad news. (https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/f24/good-news-facking-bad-news-287146.html)

MrMoto73 06-22-2015 10:28 PM

Good news....and facking bad news.

So, today I have to go to the Veterans Administration in the Springs. Its about 40 minutes from Pueblo. They call me to sign some paperwork but won't tell me what it is. Get up at 6am, wife and I get ready together and I drop her off at class. I zip up to the Springs in the Formula. She's just purring along all good as this weekend I flushed and filled the cooling system, charged the A/C, did the oil, etc etc... I get to the VA and they have approved to fully pay for my graduate program. I am ecstatic! No outta pocket cost for grad school!

Get back in the car and she's all good for about 15 minutes. On the way back I start getting this weird shudder in the drive train. Have no idea what is going on. Then I loose 4th...its and automatic....whenever I step in the gas she will only go when she drops to 3rd. So, I just put her in third and she's shuddering all crazy. I slow down and limp home at 50 mph. Soon as I pull off the exit to my wifes school the temp gauge goes straight into the red and a fucking heater line hose blows. Anti freeze all over the serpentine belt and the belt slips off.

:angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angry fire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire:: angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryf ire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::a ngryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfi re::angryfire::angryfire:

I coast into a parking lot with fucking billows of smoke coming out from under the hood and my wife is just staring in complete shock. She's like...."please tell me this is a nightmare" Nope.... it's fucking real.

Unbelievable.... oh well, on the bright side I don't have to pay for grad school.

turtle1000 06-23-2015 12:00 AM

Cars suck. Good that your getting grad school out the way though. I sometimes wish I continued on... Good luck

peterd10r 06-23-2015 03:54 AM

If it doesn't rain it pours!you no what life at times just sucks!i feel for you!you can't even really enjoy your good news!not to be to negative but your wheels do not sound very healthy!hope things turn around quickly!

GoFaster 06-23-2015 06:33 AM

Sorry to hear ... BUT ... It's time to stop buying shitboxes masquerading as performance cars and just buy something that will get the job done until you can afford something that's actually good ...

And ... Congrats on the graduate program!

SOUN1 06-23-2015 09:26 AM

Life can be mean at times but hang in there..........
Congrates on the "NO OUT OF POCKET COST" ..

MrMoto73 06-23-2015 02:13 PM

Damage isn't all that bad. Blown hose set....140 bucks. Torque converter 300 bucks. New belt 40 bucks. Now I have something to do this weekend....again. Lol

MrMoto73 06-23-2015 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoFaster (Post 3843650)
Sorry to hear ... BUT ... It's time to stop buying shitboxes masquerading as performance cars and just buy something that will get the job done until you can afford something that's actually good ...

And ... Congrats on the graduate program!

No matter what used vehicle I get something will break eventually. It's just so odd how it all broke. Like a chain reaction.

Yeah, will be nice to get a new car at some point. Then I can maintain it and I won't have the worry of not knowing how it was taken care of.

MrMoto73 06-23-2015 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterd10r (Post 3843618)
If it doesn't rain it pours!you no what life at times just sucks!i feel for you!you can't even really enjoy your good news!not to be to negative but your wheels do not sound very healthy!hope things turn around quickly!

My wheels are what they are for a 20 year old car. The damage wasn't that bad at all really.

mr_honez 06-23-2015 02:19 PM

Well you don't have to worry about Grad school anymore, so that is a relief. The car can be fixed, its just a car. Sounds like your tranny overheated causing it to slip and shudder. The root cause most likely is the radiator/cooling system. Might be an air bubble in the pump causing it to cavitate, that is a common problem when people flush the cooling systems on engines. If if happened the way you described that would be the first thing I checked. Also check the oil for water, if it overheated that bad the head gaskets could be blown. If memory serves the Trans cooler is inside the radiator so it would all tie together. Check the Trans fluid for burning. The Trans may be saved with a fluid flush if the bands/solinoids are not damaged badly. These are just educated guesses of course, but start small and work your way to the bigger stuff. (Valve train, etc.)

Good luck and congrats on the Grad school thing.

scout 06-23-2015 04:46 PM

All worked out in the end. When you move, I'd tow that behind the uhaul. lol Are you still coming out here for school?