Gen 3: On The fence, Part or repair? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 04-26-2012, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Gen 3: On The fence, Part or repair?

Here's the story, A while back some guy pulled out in front of me and Thanks to cold tires and white paint I nose dived into the ground. As i was buying OEM plastics I low sided on the other side of the bike! Fortunately the overall damage is cosmetic, but that's the most expensive shit ever. So, repairs would be all plastics, rearset, clip on, and stator cover. So, should i consider buying a hot bodies kit and painting it? If so can i see some pics of that? Or, should i part out the bike and buy a new one? 2008 zx10.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-26-2012, 06:54 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I would repair the plastics, but it would depend on how bad the damages are on the plastics. Also you could buy plastics piece by piece from the guys here or on ebay, craigslist, then save up to get it painted all at once. I think that would be more cost effective. I have done that with my old zuk. I have even rode it with no fairings and just a head light.

post #3 of 7 Old 04-27-2012, 04:55 AM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
This is your perfect chance. Sell any stock plastics you have along with the lights and mirrors and use the money to buy track skins. Spray bomb them any color you like and get your butt to the track. You will have the time of your life!! I promise you wont regret it!

post #4 of 7 Old 04-27-2012, 06:12 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Repair brother, repair...I wrecked my 3rd Gen and I could've fixed it but I let the insurance company total it...Biggest mistake of my life. I got another 3rd Gen same color and everything, but the time in between not have a 10 almost drove me crazy!!! If you can fix it man, fix it.

DDM Tuning HID lights| Sportech Windscreen| ASV shorty levers| Driven D3 grips| Evotech 1/4 turn gas cap| LSL sliders| Woodcraft case covers| PCV with custom map| BMC race filter| secondaries removed| EK 525 red chain| Vortex rearsets| M4 Slayer exhaust| PSR chain adjusters| Speigler brake lines| custom front and rear seat| Pro bolt aluminum bolt kit| Hellrazor servo eliminator
post #5 of 7 Old 04-27-2012, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Ok, thanks for input guys. By the way, i have been on the track and love it, at Jennings gp, i did a 1"40 for my first time. I was happy, but this is my only transportation. As, a poverty stricken college student i have been riding nothing but my bike since i was 19 or so. I guess its time to go street fighter for a while, again This isn't the first time some shithead cut me off and or ran into me and either drove off or didn't have insurance. I guess i was just being a cry baby and wanted to start over. lol
post #6 of 7 Old 04-27-2012, 04:36 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14kredline View Post
Here's the story, A while back some guy pulled out in front of me and Thanks to cold tires and white paint I nose dived into the ground. As i was buying OEM plastics I low sided on the other side of the bike! Fortunately the overall damage is cosmetic, but that's the most expensive shit ever. So, repairs would be all plastics, rearset, clip on, and stator cover. So, should i consider buying a hot bodies kit and painting it? If so can i see some pics of that? Or, should i part out the bike and buy a new one? 2008 zx10.
honda East toledo for all your oem parts needs, super cheap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ignorance is the enemy, let's set the record straight. If history must repeat itself, why worry while you wait?- Rodney Crowell
post #7 of 7 Old 04-27-2012, 04:57 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

sharkskinz sells street bodywork for a good price...you wouldn't have blinkers on the front fairing, but you could buy some mirrors w/integrated signals for not too much, and, you could paint any color you'd like...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedinseattle View Post
i could give two shits if you were taking a bubble bath in applesauce being fed grapes by lemurs with electrodes attached to your nipples in the bed of a semi truck, as long as you're not holding up traffic, go for it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in