Gawkage - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 07-16-2010, 08:51 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Gawkage

Anyone besides me find themselves walking past their 10 and then just stopping to stare at it? You might be in the middle of something but then you happen to walk by and there you have it, a marvel of engineering.

It's like a magnet to my eyes. Look at those titanium headers, finely crafted frame spars, radial brakes, etc. These modern day sport bikes are so finely built and sophisticated that I find it hard to take my eyes off of them.

Think of all of the testing and retesting that was done on everything. Something like the header lengths, or the geometry of the front end, or maybe the calculated flex in the frame/swingarm, the ergonomics etc. All of this incredible work and thought poured into every aspect of the bike and the end result, if your lucky enough, sits in your garage every night. Sure cars might be more complex but something about the exotic craftsmanship of the sport bike is just perplexing. It's a real amazing thing to me to think that we own such an amazing piece of engineering that would otherwise be limited to race track tech and privilege.

I don't know, maybe it's just me but sometimes I just take a step back and realize why I love this damn thing so much! Am I the only one?

Last edited by anaxagoras1986; 07-16-2010 at 09:12 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 07-16-2010, 09:15 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to tasos
OMG you're sick....too
post #3 of 19 Old 07-16-2010, 09:16 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I just appreciate the engineering behind it. Look at how much work goes into it to make it what it is. It's a work of art!

post #4 of 19 Old 07-16-2010, 09:27 AM
Still here

Posting Frequency

I'm not entirely sure, I googled, "Art of the Car and Art of the Car Gugenheim" and came up with nothing.

But there has been an, "Art of the Motorcycle" at the Gugenheim that then traveled around the country.

So I don't think it's just us and it's not just our bikes.

Here are some pics from the display in Orlando. I've posted them before but here ya go.

http://s279.photobucket.com/albums/k...%20Motorcycle/

Sarah Palin and friends can call it a snow machine all they want but Yamaha, Polaris and Bombardier plus the related magazines all seem to call them Snowmobiles.

Snow machines create snow on ski slopes. Just sayin'
post #5 of 19 Old 07-16-2010, 09:29 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Hey no 'touching' yourself while looking at your 10

If you have nothing nice to say - "Shut the [email protected] up"
post #6 of 19 Old 07-16-2010, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkwaki View Post
Hey no 'touching' yourself while looking at your 10
Haha no not in that way

post #7 of 19 Old 07-16-2010, 10:18 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

WOW, Miami that is a twisted up header.

War is about killing people and breaking things. It ain't the olympics. Its not supposed to be fair. Tom Clancy

ialsodontknowwhynewpeoplecantseperatetheirthoghtss owecanreadthemitmakesitunweidlyandannoyingtryingto decipherwhattheyaretryingtosaysoiusuallyjustmoveon atleastyouusedpuncuationthoughsocongratsonthatbutm aybeinthefutureyoucanhelpusalloutbecauseyouoranyon eelsewillgetmorerepliesifyoudontwriteonebigrunonth atsimpossibletoread
post #8 of 19 Old 07-16-2010, 10:28 AM
Still here

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_b03 View Post
WOW, Miami that is a twisted up header.
Yep, a bundle of snakes so to speak.

I still love that bike and what the guy accomplished back in 1994.
In case you didn't click the link above and see the other pics.

There is also a hippy mod lurking in that pic of the bike.

Sarah Palin and friends can call it a snow machine all they want but Yamaha, Polaris and Bombardier plus the related magazines all seem to call them Snowmobiles.

Last edited by ZX10Miami; 07-16-2010 at 10:30 AM.
post #9 of 19 Old 07-16-2010, 10:38 AM
Still here

Posting Frequency

Okay, here it is.

This thread made me remember an oldtime, very creative member we used to have here.
The picture is gone but the words live on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by litrejunkie View Post
Before I left for work today, I walked out to the garage, and I....
But there she was...sitting there so sexy, a romantic piece of machined poetry.
A wavey rotor sets her-off in style, oh baby..why you do me like that?
I run my hands across the seat...and stick my nose in the exhaust pipe, and take a huge whiff! I don't know if I can wait another moment....do I really have to work today??Nah, of course not! But I really do, damn-it! Just a few more minutes alone with her, then I'll go...
I climb-up on the tank, lean over the front-end, and stare at her headlights upside-down. I inch forward even more...'till I'm hangin'-on the grips by my feet, and I'm huggin' the forks like a long-lost lover. I gently caress her front tire with the tip of my nose. Then I stop for a second because I don't want it to end too soon.
The phone rings, but I pay no mind to it. It's getting hot in here..maybe I should take some clothes off, yea? I double check the lock on the garage door, and I imagine how I could enhance the moment. Lights out...music on...Music LOUD, brotha!! Turn it up, man! Light one up, man....Mmmmmm...smells good in here now, I turn the fan on...We dance together...beep the horn, flash the lights....awe, baby...rev the frickin' engine LOUDER, mama! Head spining, garage floor is lava-like...with ocean waves crashing at her tires...Gotta get to work, soon, though! Just a minute or so more, ya know? There I am..and there she is,,I gotta leave her for a little bit..but I'll return soon enough. Then the weekend will be here. Alright, we'll have a good time then, ya know? Ah yea, man..I'll get right on top of her and show her some real good-lovin'. I'll ride 'er real good thru the hills.
Turn-up the smell in here, man! yeeeaaaaa.
I tell her to wait for me to come home, as she winks with an amber-colored flushmount. No doubt, sumthin's goin' on, yea?
So I say, love me 2 times baby..love me twice today, love me 2 time baby-I'm goin'g away. Love me 2time girl, once for tomorrow, once just for today....Love me 2 time, yea, I'm going awaaaaaaaaaay!
https://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10103

post #10 of 19 Old 07-16-2010, 11:00 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

happens all the time.

Ignorance is the enemy, let's set the record straight. If history must repeat itself, why worry while you wait?- Rodney Crowell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in