front stand Question - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 09-03-2009, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
front stand Question

Ok so I got me a front stand again and its made pretty good In my eyes but I put it together today and tonight I got home and with the bike on the rear stand I put it under the front put the pin in the hole and started to push it down and as soon as I did this it made contact with the undersdide of the front end right under the lights. made one cracking sound nothings broke thank god but now im kinda pissed ... so i move it around and tried different things and still same thing keeps hitting the fairing im wondering if I took the bike off the rear stand it would not hit??? but Im not gonna try to attempt that by my self LOL dont want to drop the bike ..I got the stand from this place here http://www.mjmotogear.com/product.sc...5&categoryId=3
does anyone elses stand do this ?? I dont want to break anything under there trying to lift it...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 09-03-2009, 09:14 PM
MIdlife PIMP

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to bodymanruss518
I don't know man!.my front pitbull stand comes very close to the underside of the headlight assembly but it does not contact it!........sure they sold you the right pin?
Hate to say it,......but might have to get a welder to weld on an extension to the pin to give ya just a lil bit more clearance!.???

Better to have a gun and not need one, than to need a gun and not have one!!.......

you can lose money chasing women, but,......
you'll never lose women chasing money!!....
post #3 of 12 Old 09-03-2009, 09:20 PM
MIdlife PIMP

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to bodymanruss518
I just read on their website that the stand MAY contact the body of the nose fairings on some bikes!.........I would do a check on all your mounting tabs and stuff to see if it broke anything.........then weld a extension on or slip a washer over the pin to act as a stop so it does not slide all the way in,.......giving you a hair more clearance......but not to much or it will be hanging in the air on a small amount of the pin...........???
Sucks.......they should have put more time into developing a product that does not interfere with your bodywork!........

Better to have a gun and not need one, than to need a gun and not have one!!.......

you can lose money chasing women, but,......
you'll never lose women chasing money!!....
post #4 of 12 Old 09-03-2009, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
yeah I sent them a email, they say the pin size I need is a 27mm and they are out of those so I got a 24mm with it I will wait to see what they respond with before i go messing with it LOL I looked at the front end and nothing looks broke and everything is still tight so no worries ...

post #5 of 12 Old 09-03-2009, 09:51 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

People call the LP stands crap, but I have yet to have a problem. The front stand is rock solid and doesnt hit anything.

Kelly
'05 ZX-10R
post #6 of 12 Old 09-04-2009, 07:47 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to LaurenOE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodymanruss518 View Post
I don't know man!.my front pitbull stand comes very close to the underside of the headlight assembly but it does not contact it.
+1 Pit Bull Stands are the way to go.

My bike sitting at the track.

(oh and the tassels..passed tech inspection, but I took them off)

2005 ZZR1200
2007 ZZR600
2008 ZX10R
2007 KLX250
2009 Zuma 125

Last edited by LaurenOE; 09-04-2009 at 07:50 AM.
post #7 of 12 Old 09-04-2009, 08:02 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

GL with getting the right pin. My pitbull also gets close but doesn't actually touch any of the body. Sounds like the 27mm pin will solve your issues. Great prices on the stands you found!

"Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight."
Shogun Frame Sliders | Rifleman 1/5 | -1/+2 | DDM HID 5000k | Custom Exhaust
post #8 of 12 Old 09-04-2009, 09:17 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMavis View Post
Back when I bought my 07 in July 07 I already had a FRONT Pit Bull stand from my early 93 ZX7/9 days. I called Pit Bull and they sent me a pin for the 07. But it wouldn't work. The bar still hit underneath the nose on the 07. We went back and forth on this with phone calls and PM's for 3 days and Pit Bull keep telling me I was doing something wrong that it was not possible it could hit, that I had the right pin and it should work.

So I made a picture of it hitting and emailed it to them.

They called me a few hours later on my phone laughing out loud and asked me when I bought my stand. I told them about 15 years ago. They said that was the problem. They had not sold that model front stand in nearly 10 years. He said it never occurred to him someone still had the older model stand in use.

So they sent me a brand new front stand and even paid for the shipping. It worked fine with my 07.

I later bought a pin for that new stand for my 08. And like everyone else, it is close, but does NOT hit.

Very satisfied with Pit Bull.
Damn, cool story. They must have been impressed that you still had a 15 year old stand. Just shows you their quality.

"Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight."
Shogun Frame Sliders | Rifleman 1/5 | -1/+2 | DDM HID 5000k | Custom Exhaust
post #9 of 12 Old 09-04-2009, 09:44 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

yeesh, all this crap has me thinking about a "fork lift" stand again. Sorry about the cracking Lloyd.

16t front/43t rear sprockets(-1/+2), Healtech speedo-healer, X-TRE, MDA123 1.8lb lightweight battery, Dan Kyle re-valved Steering Damper, Hotbodies MGP Growler exhaust, Hotbodies GP windscreen, fender eliminated
post #10 of 12 Old 11-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

So...did the stands work with the right pin?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in