Friendly Advice for Buying New Motorcycle Parts - Page 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 23 Old 04-29-2019, 01:04 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

+1 on the local tuner. When that guy is gone, you can forget about getting an old bike repaired. Dealers won't touch them. They're too busy testing the new 3/4" impact gun on somebody's drain bolt. I just priced a Penske and a set of BSTs and my local shop gave me a lower price than any of the online retailers. The motorcycle industry is tiny. Many online retailers are also the importer. They wholesale to the local guys, so there is always a chance to save a buck. So find someone local, develop a relationship, and have the best of both worlds. Save $ and have a place to get the stuff done you can't do yourself for lack of tools or experience. Odds and ends and OEM parts you can always find a better deal on line, but for the big ticket items with some margin, you local guy might be the answer. Plus it's always nice to be able to run over and get that banjo bolt or whatever on a Saturday afternoon so you can ride on Sunday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 Old 04-30-2019, 09:05 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I have been buying parts for friends in ebay for more than 10 years, a lot of parts. ebay is for used parts other than that... not the best way...
michael4012 likes this.
post #13 of 23 Old 04-30-2019, 11:44 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp12 View Post
I have been buying parts for friends in ebay for more than 10 years, a lot of parts. ebay is for used parts other than that... not the best way...

391 rating on eBay 100% buying and selling, never a single issue, never left bad or neutral feedback to anyone either. Never had bad or neutral feedback left for me. eBay has been flawless for me.
michael4012 likes this.
post #14 of 23 Old 04-30-2019, 01:02 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp12 View Post
Ebay has changed a lot in 10 years. I remember the selling fee's used to be very minimal. Now, I only use ebay to sell stuff as a last resort or I got the part for free. I can imagine the profit margin has to be next to nothing for new motorcycle parts.
post #15 of 23 Old 04-30-2019, 01:19 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

711 on ebay 100% buying and selling...

new parts is better to deal (if you like dealing) with direct store.... BUT sometimes I found that some stores are only ebay, even with new parts. so I think the moral of the story, before buying you have to do your homework.
Boxtradamus likes this.
post #16 of 23 Old 04-30-2019, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
LDH
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

We have over 4000 on ebay at 100%

I'd trade all of them for half the amount of sales outside of ebay at more profit for me and less cost to the customer!
mpp12 likes this.

Last edited by LDH; 04-30-2019 at 03:31 PM.
post #17 of 23 Old 04-30-2019, 02:01 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Original post was a shout out about how some brick and mortar companies have
a hard time fitting into the eCommerce retail space.

Suggesting that one should use Ebay's infrastructure to find retailers and/or parts and
after finding that part or retailer on Ebay to then go around Ebay and contact seller
directly. Eliminating the fees that Ebay charges to support the infrastructure that
originally promoted the seller in the first place.

If Ebay is to expensive or not providing additional revenue for your business
then you shouldn't use it instead of promoting ways to rip them off.
mpp12 and Boxtradamus like this.
post #18 of 23 Old 04-30-2019, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
LDH
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

In one post you say you want the cheapest possible prices in another you condemn the resellers for telling you how you can get those cheaper prices. I have no idea what point you are trying to get across here, but the conversation doesn't really seem to be relevant to your thought process.

The real win-win is when both the customer and the seller get more for less.

I have no issues with what ebay charges me as a seller to be on there. The point is the costs are high and the customer is simply NOT going to get a smokin deal in that environment so if rock bottom prices are your ultimate goal you should look to other venues for those sale prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottoms-Up View Post
And....

Not only do I want the best possible price I can find, but
I want free shipping and no sales tax either.

it's win, win for the consumer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottoms-Up View Post
Original post was a shout out about how some brick and mortar companies have
a hard time fitting into the eCommerce retail space.

Suggesting that one should use Ebay's infrastructure to find retailers and/or parts and
after finding that part or retailer on Ebay to then go around Ebay and contact seller
directly. Eliminating the fees that Ebay charges to support the infrastructure that
originally promoted the seller in the first place.

If Ebay is to expensive or not providing additional revenue for your business
then you shouldn't use it instead of promoting ways to rip them off.
post #19 of 23 Old 04-30-2019, 04:27 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Effort = $$. Always has, always will.

LDH's original post may have come off a little rough on some, but it was nothing other than 100% accurate. I'm as guilty as anyone for going the easy way (ebay, amazon, et al.), but the reminder was a welcome one and just saved me a couple hundred bucks, and will likely save me a couple hundred more in the near future.

Thanks man!
mpp12, LDH and Boxtradamus like this.

Attack life... it's going to kill you anyway.
post #20 of 23 Old 04-30-2019, 04:46 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Honestly, I don't understand why anyone wants to be confrontational on the internet about a post or topic that can easily just be ignored.
Bottoms-Up and michael4012 like this.

2011 ZX10R
2012 FZ6R
2012 TU250X
2013 ZX6R
2017 GSX-R1000R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in