Forscom Army Reg - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 06-15-2006, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Thumbs down Forscom Army Reg

Get a load of this: The FORSCOM Commander has stated that to many Army personnel are getting into Motorcycle accidents, so he is about to implyment a Policy that says that "Army Personnel" will not be authorized to ride on Motorcycles anymore!!!!! If you do ride a bike and get into an accident and die then your family will not get any money!!!! I am going to start a boycott to ban this policy from ever taking affect. I may need some help with this. Does anyone know any congressman that I could write to??? So far this year alone we have had 79 fatalities from Motorcycle riders......

"Best" (Time Slip Proof) Run so far :

60ft:1.7
330ft: 4.5
1/8: 6.7 @ 113mph
1/4: 10.2 @ 142mph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 06-15-2006, 02:34 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

sounds like a good idea to me if 79 have died already this year. thats a lot dude
post #3 of 15 Old 06-15-2006, 02:37 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to byebyebusa Send a message via Yahoo to byebyebusa
that's right 79 on bikes and thousands in other countries.. hmm I'm going to shut up now

99 ZRX1100 - tons of mods and still slow but FUN / 07 Yami FZ1 for the wifie.
post #4 of 15 Old 06-15-2006, 03:08 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullsleeves
sounds like a good idea to me if 79 have died already this year. thats a lot dude
FY 06 (OCT-OCT) 9 Months......And no it is not a good idea. Are we going to stop people from driving cars if soldiers keep dying in auto accidents??? This is pure discrimination. I will get this shit stopped.

"Best" (Time Slip Proof) Run so far :

60ft:1.7
330ft: 4.5
1/8: 6.7 @ 113mph
1/4: 10.2 @ 142mph
post #5 of 15 Old 06-15-2006, 03:15 PM
Still here

Posting Frequency

You guys sign enough rights away for the privilege to defend our country. That is the one big thing that really kept me from joining. Specially when I was younger.

You may want to point out to the higher ups that it won't help any in recruiting.

How many died in normal training exercises the same year???

Good luck, that is just wrong.
Maybe write to the Blue Angel's leader for a little support from another military branch.
They tried that on them and he stopped it. If I can find the mag, I'll give you his name. Not sure if he is still there but could be. He was on TWT and in one of the cycle mags.

Write to TWT, Greg's Garage too, publicity could help embarrass them out of it.

Sarah Palin and friends can call it a snow machine all they want but Yamaha, Polaris and Bombardier plus the related magazines all seem to call them Snowmobiles.

Snow machines create snow on ski slopes. Just sayin'

Last edited by ZX10Miami; 06-15-2006 at 03:17 PM.
post #6 of 15 Old 06-15-2006, 03:21 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

By the FORSCOM commanders logic they should also ground all rotary wing aircraft. How many have died from helicopters going down due to non combat reasons? I agree with your point about driving as well, how many have died in regular automobile accidents? This guy needs to pull his head out, sounds like typical military logic though. If you have published statement from this yahoo, send it to the AMA as well.
post #7 of 15 Old 06-15-2006, 03:29 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bragg10r
FY 06 (OCT-OCT) 9 Months......And no it is not a good idea. Are we going to stop people from driving cars if soldiers keep dying in auto accidents??? This is pure discrimination. I will get this shit stopped.
sorry i guess my sarcasm wasnt strong enough to be detected. Its a bad idea, especially to take it away from people who defend their country. good luck with it.
post #8 of 15 Old 06-15-2006, 03:34 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Exclamation

I think that is b.s. I would bitch to holy hell if they told me that I couldn't ride because too many of us were getting killed. I would point out that when we leave Iraq or Afganistan that those places will still be the shitholes of the world and that we(fellow Americans) had died there for nothing. I have no belief in their cause anymore and I think no one else does but I believe that we are there to save face now. So how is that going to save anybody? We would still ride. Fuckem!!!

Is it Fast?
post #9 of 15 Old 06-15-2006, 03:53 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to modiggs
What's bad, is that I'm in the Army, and i'm first hearing about this here on this site. Kind of like how I found out I was going to Afghanistan from CNN

I once said "Displacement was compensation for lack of skill. Therefore, there is no need for anything more than a well balanced 600." Right, who was I kidding.
post #10 of 15 Old 06-15-2006, 04:09 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

well here at Shaw AFB we had several motorcycle fatalities and the commander banned motorcycle ridding for the month of December last year. Kinda sucked because that was my only mode of transportation. There was talk that if there were many more accidents that they would try to ban ridding altogether.... good luck on getting that bs kicked
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in