Follow up to the Squid on the Gixxer thread... - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 105 Old 05-30-2007, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Follow up to the Squid on the Gixxer thread...

There was a thread in the pictures and video section about a squid that ran from the cops and got caught. Here's the link:

https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39811

Well, this and the discussion in that thread seems to be pretty timely as this is what happened near where I live:

http://www.myfoxdc.com/myfox/pages/H...Y&pageId=1.1.1

Two people are dead and many are injured from the resultant aftermath of a squid on a sportbike running from the cops. Now there's a region wide manhunt for this dude. I fully expect to be pulled over when I take my 10 out this weekend as it's a black sportbike which is the initial description of what the bike looked like. Long term, this is going to make just riding around in a sportbike in this area difficult at best. And this just fuels the rising calls by people to ban the very machinery we all love. Just because some aholes can't practice appropriate judgement and save their antics for the track or at least not in a high traffic/densely populated area.

RIP to the innocent motorists that had no part in this mess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 105 Old 05-30-2007, 11:00 PM
MIA mod

Posting Frequency

That guy needs to turn himself in and take responsibility for his actions. :headshake

Some days will stay a thousand years, some pass like the flash of a spark.
post #3 of 105 Old 05-30-2007, 11:07 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

"The motorcycle rider swerved in front of a civilian car and sped away, causing the officer's car to hit the civilian's. That car rolled down an embankment onto the outer loop, where five other cars crashed into each other."

Ummmmm? Is it just me or does it say the cop ran into the civilian vehicle causing the chain reaction? You know DAMN FREAKING WELL that if the officer caused this crash being an idiot they will still blame it on that motorcycle!!! Something tells me the officer's vehicle footage of this happening will somehow "disapear" ...... god this crap makes me mad.
post #4 of 105 Old 05-30-2007, 11:11 PM
Just call me Dirk Diggler

Posting Frequency

I don't condone the squids riding antics.However If the cop ran into someone else thats the Cops bad period.Every body should be responsible for there vehicle that includes the PoPo
post #5 of 105 Old 05-30-2007, 11:14 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullthrottle View Post
I don't condone the squids riding antics.However If the cop ran into someone else thats the Cops bad period.Every body should be responsible for there vehicle that includes the PoPo
EXACTLY, how the hell does a motorcycle swerve into another lane and CAUSE a persuing cop to hit somebody, thats the most retarded bull$hit ive ever heard and you know the crotch rocket hating public will eat it up!
post #6 of 105 Old 05-30-2007, 11:25 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

BS or not, this kind of incident isn't going to win any brownie points with the public. There's already been tons of news stories before this tragic incident about how "bullet" bikes are a menace to public safety. This is just more fuel for them to crack down on sport bike riders in general. If anyone is familiar with that stretch of highway, that squid had no business riding the way he did because if it wasn't a crash caused by pursuing cops it would be because he freaked out some motorist.
post #7 of 105 Old 05-30-2007, 11:25 PM

Posting Frequency

Last year in Florida They pinned a murder charge on a rider.They said He ran from the cops the Guy said He never knew they where chasing Him
post #8 of 105 Old 05-30-2007, 11:29 PM

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX10 Guy View Post
BS or not, this kind of incident isn't going to win any brownie points with the public. There's already been tons of news stories before this tragic incident about how "bullet" bikes are a menace to public safety. This is just more fuel for them to crack down on sport bike riders in general. If anyone is familiar with that stretch of highway, that squid had no business riding the way he did because if it wasn't a crash caused by pursuing cops it would be because he freaked out some motorist.
The public is going to hear what there told for every squid like action there are 10.000 law abiding riders just going about there business but that does not make the news just My 2 cents
post #9 of 105 Old 05-30-2007, 11:30 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

hey ZX10 GUY, was this on 495? if so i saw the aftermath of it on my way to cranberries. saw the patrol car still on the median when i was on my way home. i was wondering what the hell happened.....

Female Speeder: I thought you didn't give tickets to pretty women???

Officer: WE DON'T, SIGN HERE!!

Last edited by PRIMO; 06-02-2007 at 08:26 PM.
post #10 of 105 Old 05-30-2007, 11:33 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRIMO View Post
hey ZX10 GUY, was this on 495? if do i saw the aftermath of it on my way to cranberries. so the patrol car still on the middle median when i was on my way home. i was wondering what thr hell happened.....
Yep. I495 near exit 13. They're just now clearing out the equipment from the accident scene....many hours after the incident.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in