Finally crashed - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 56 Old 11-19-2010, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Finally crashed

Awful morning. I was leaving my girlfriends community this morning and got on the gas a little too hard for cold tires. I lost the back and and high sided at about 30mph. My entire left side is completely rashed. The worst part is my headlight housing is cracked. I'm just venting...I have pics but don't know how to post.

Edit: Its a good thing I was wearing a helmet because thats where i hit first! Also good I had my jacket on! Now I just found out the WORST part...I have a dent in my frame from the handle bar.

Last edited by WPBgen1; 11-19-2010 at 11:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 Old 11-19-2010, 11:15 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

That sucks man. I had basically the same thing happen about a month ago, except i lowsided @ about 10 mph. Cold tires and a corner, got to drive it like a scooter, lol. Either way man, it happens to everyone at some point. Swallow the pride, learn from what you did, and you will be a better rider for it. Also, i'm hoping its the bike that is rashed up on the right side and not you. Stay Safe
post #3 of 56 Old 11-19-2010, 11:26 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Glad you're o.k. overall. VERY common mistake in cooler weather.

Current garage inhabitants:
'13 ZX-10R
'06 GIXXER 1000
'08 Suzuki M109R LE
'08 Kawi TeryX
'10 BMW S1000RR
post #4 of 56 Old 11-19-2010, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Good news! Found an ebay company thats located close enough for me to pick up the stuff that sells street bodywork made of fiberglass. I can get a whole front end, mids, lowers for about 200.
post #5 of 56 Old 11-19-2010, 11:40 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Shit yeah.. That sucks man.. I will tell ya another one that'll get ya. I was leaving a pizza shop one night here in town with some friends and a hot Chick and so we pulled out of the parking lot and in true idiot show-off style, I was gonna show that honey my mad wheelie skills. So I let them get a bit up the road before I hammered down and I rode a pristine 1st through 4th sit-down wheelie past em. Well, when the front tire came down and made contact with mother earth again, my tire and road temp were near freezing and my tire felt like it was locked up on ice. Luckily I didn't spill the bike, but immediately had to pull into the parking lot at the local Target and get my shit together. They pulled in behind me to see what was wrong and thats when my cool points took an all time low. Apparently the term "I was so scared, I pissed myself" has some truth to it. I had a pretty good sized dribble spot to show off instead of my macho wheelie. I have no idea how fast I was going when I sat her down, but we all know she will at least do 100 mph in 1st gear alone. So, don't beat yourself up bro. It happens!! Lesson learned.. I still feel stupid everytime I see that ole girl..

Vortex Rear Sets w/GP shift, Vortex mirror block offs, Vortex race fuel cap, Driven grips, Driven 520 Sprockets 0,-1, Custom Modified Low Exit Zero Restrictive Exhaust w/gutted CAT, CBR Caliper Upgrade, HEL SS lines, Tygon Reservoir Hoses, PCIII w/full dyno tune, BMC high flow race filter, Stomp-grip pads, CRG shorty levers, LSL Clip Ons, Sato Engine Block Sliders, Hot Bodies Double Bubble Windscreem, Removed Rear Pegs, and Ever Changing Graphics so the PoPo cant get used to it..

Last edited by Kawboy1056; 11-19-2010 at 11:43 AM.
post #6 of 56 Old 11-19-2010, 11:42 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPBgen1 View Post
Good news! Found an ebay company thats located close enough for me to pick up the stuff that sells street bodywork made of fiberglass. I can get a whole front end, mids, lowers for about 200.
I hope they line up correctly, some of those ebay companies are notorious for poor fitment and a "gentle massage" is required. If you need OEM part give Honda East a call, I believe they are a sponsor on here, and have some of the best prices I have seen short of a personal hookup.
post #7 of 56 Old 11-19-2010, 01:49 PM
Licensed Dist of HaterAde

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to TMY10ER
Sorry to hear it man!! IF this was your first get-off then at least you've gotten it out of the way now. dust yourself off,heal up,get the scooter back up n going, and get back out there man. chalk it up to experience now and i've learned more in life and on bikes from "what NOT to do" as we always learn from our mistakes so it makes perfect sense.

Take a risk, and you may lose. Never risk, and you will always lose.

post #8 of 56 Old 11-19-2010, 01:57 PM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

bike can be fixed, glad you didnt get hurt
post #9 of 56 Old 11-19-2010, 02:12 PM
Team Green Baby!

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to ShinobiZXR
That happened to me once. Just glad you're ok bro but the dent in the frame is considered totaled if you're going thru the insurance. I hope you have full coverage.
post #10 of 56 Old 11-19-2010, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiZXR View Post
That happened to me once. Just glad you're ok bro but the dent in the frame is considered totaled if you're going thru the insurance. I hope you have full coverage.
No insurance, i'm 22 years old so I couldn't afford it and its not required in the state of florida.

UPDATE: My subframe is bent...I'll have to "Massage" it back. My wheel is not straight...hopefully my forks aren't bent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in