F'in speeding ticket - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 Old 09-15-2005, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to motorcykleash Send a message via Yahoo to motorcykleash
F'in speeding ticket

So, last night I decided that it was time to ride my poor neglected bike to a bike night. I haven't been to Hooters on the bike night in months and everyone was callin me talkin sh*t about how long it's been since I've been out riding, so I decided to make a presence...
I get there and my eye had been really bothering me...it was really red and swollen (I think I might have cut it)
ANYWAY, I'm hangin out for a few hours and the crowd starts to dwindel so I decided it was best to go home and see what I can do about my poor eye....
I hope on Hollywood Blvd. (this is a 6 lane freakin Main drag..right?)...I get going and all of the sudden I see lights and head the dickhead going "PULL ALL THE WAY OVER, DON'T TRY TO RUN"....I couldn't beleive he was talking to me....I didn't do anything....at least I didn't think i did....
So, I pull over, the cop is like 65 and maybe 350lbs 5'8....license, registration, etc.........said I was doing 63 in a 35....wrote me a ticket and that was that....
My very first motorcycle ticket..... :headshake
oh well........
PS...my eye is STILL red and swollen and burning....it hurts real bad

IT'S MOTORCYKLE-ASH....dumbass
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 Old 09-15-2005, 10:21 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Could you not see how fast you were going b/c of your eye or what?? I mean damn, 63 in a 35 aint too good. sorry tohear that
post #3 of 33 Old 09-15-2005, 10:22 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

sorry about your bad luck Ash. A sore eye and a speeding ticket?? Sounds like you need a hug...

So were you going that speed??

go and have that eye checked out. your vision is nothing to take for granted..

05 lime green. Sato slip-on, pc3usb, bmc race filter.
"when ya lose site of why ya ride then you've lost what really matters"---THE MOTORHEAD
post #4 of 33 Old 09-15-2005, 10:27 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

sorry to hear that, i would fight the ticket so you dont get any points.I have gotten 5 speeding tickets in the last year and fought everyone and won. you pay a little more but your insurance wont go up.
post #5 of 33 Old 09-15-2005, 10:32 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Well, here in Switzerland doing over 60 in a 35 mph zone would leave you walking for at least 3 months and would cost something like 2000 USD!!! I'd say you're pretty lucky for getting off with just a ticket.

Only green is really mean! 1984 GPZ 900R & 2004 ZX10R => 20 years of NINJA power
post #6 of 33 Old 09-15-2005, 10:46 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

shiot!!!you just reminded me that i need to clear the illegal liscense bracket ticket by the 22nd...thx...btw that sux...
post #7 of 33 Old 09-15-2005, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to motorcykleash Send a message via Yahoo to motorcykleash
no, my eye didn't hinder my vision...
I was riding and there was an R1 in the lane next to me....when I first saw the cop, he was talking to another cop from car to car both faceing opposite directions....
Both myself and the R1 pulled over when the cop pulled out and put his lights on...he claimed that he radared us at 63 but I remember looking down at my speedo when I saw them about 1/2 mile before we passed them and I was doing 56(not that it's much better)....so, I guess I should fight it huh? Is it really possible to clock 2 bikes at the same MPH at the same time? El D...does that sound right? anyone know?

IT'S MOTORCYKLE-ASH....dumbass
post #8 of 33 Old 09-15-2005, 12:51 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

well if your speedo said 56 then in reality you were probaly only going about 51-53 actual. You have stock gearing I'm assuming. I'd fight it and say you weren't the only bike on the road and you weren't going that fast. Your driving record should back up that your not an everyday offender..
I have a buddy that had gotten two tickets this year and he's pissed fo' sure.
he made a court date for the one and it's not til 3/06 guess they are hoping he'll forget to show up in six months lol.
good luck to you Ash.

05 lime green. Sato slip-on, pc3usb, bmc race filter.
"when ya lose site of why ya ride then you've lost what really matters"---THE MOTORHEAD
post #9 of 33 Old 09-15-2005, 01:03 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

i alway plead guilty and say that i cant afford the points.i just say i were just trying to catch up with my other friend and didnt know how fast i was going or some shit like that.when i plead not guilty i always lose. Thats in michigan.did anyone else fight a ticket?
post #10 of 33 Old 09-15-2005, 03:22 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

sorry to hear the misfortune.....I would think the radar wouldn't be able to pick up 2 bikes at once......but then again, the cop could claim he clocked one of you and by his expert judgement, you were both traveling at least that fast.....what can ya do.....hope you eye is or gets better!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in