a few noteworty tidbits from last weekends ride... - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 06-11-2012, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
Mythical Mod of Yore

Posting Frequency

Garage
Send a message via AIM to wicked Send a message via MSN to wicked Send a message via Yahoo to wicked
a few noteworty tidbits from last weekends ride...

i go up to the north georgia mountains just about every sunday...everyone who knows me knows that when i mention going to church, this is what im talking about. i typically get out early to avoid the calamarifest that often erupts up on my favorite stretches of tarmac. heres a recount of a few things of note from last weekend.

TIDBIT #1

still had track pressures in my tires so i stopped at the filling station to gas up and put a few pounds in. when i pulled up to the air machine (QT has free air), a guy on a concours pulled from the gas pumps over next to me.

"I think one of my tires is low. Not sure if it's the front or the rear. And I don't have any tools with me," he said.

"Well you're in luck," I told him. "You can use my air gauge while I go get some dead dinosaurs and I'll get air when you're done."

i handed him my gauge, pulled over to the gas pump and topped off before pulling back to the air station where the guy on the concours had been joined by another guy on another concours.

"How much did you put in?" i heard the new guy ask.

"46."

"So, I don't mean to butt in, but that's kind of high," i said.

"Well, these tires are rated to 42 pounds. I think I have a slow leak because the pressure has dropped a couple pounds since the last time I rode a few weeks ago."

"Where are you guys riding?"

"We're going up to the curvy roads up above Dahlonega" [sort of our gateway city to the twisties]

i must have made a face because his friend chimed in "Well, you know...these new radial tires can hold a lot more air. And with these bigger bikes..." he trailed off.

"Just be careful and have a good ride"

wouldnt have surprised me to find him in a ditch.

TIDBIT #2

got stopped for 22 over...my buddy who was playing catchup got stopped for 29 over. pulled over as soon as i saw the leo pull out. sat and shot the shit with the cop for ten or fifteen minutes then he let us go with a verbal. "You guys obviously know what you're doing and it's smart to get out here early when the roads are empty. Have fun and be safe."

TIDBIT # 3

was hauling ass in the twisties and came upon two ferrari f430's in a long straight. the one directly in front of me had a one day old temp tag. when me and my buddy tuono eric pulled up behind them, they took off. braked going into a left hander and the second (new) ferrari broke traction on the rear.came sideways right and then sideways left before getting it back under control. thought i was going to see someone trash $230k worth of italian road machine.

--

- Doc

Last edited by wicked; 06-11-2012 at 09:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-11-2012, 09:49 AM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked View Post
i go up to the north georgia mountains just about every sunday...
You had me at that statement right there. LOVE that area. Very jealous of the riding you have right in your backyard.

As for the other tidbits.....

Tidbit #1:

Tidbit #2:

Tidbit #3:
:headshake

My own little tidbit....I like smilies.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #3 of 3 Old 06-11-2012, 06:56 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Nic eof the Leo to let u guys off with a verbal. Sounded like u had a good time.

Don't take life too serious, no one gets out alive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in