Fast and Furious (a rant) - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 10-04-2011, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Of course you are faster

Posting Frequency

Fast and Furious (a rant)

Ok, so, most of you know I'm quite a firearms collector, as well as a 2nd Amendment supporter so I'm about ready to explode here.

Anyone, correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the way I see things.

The Obama adminstration (Holde et al) make the claim that Mexico has some of the most stringent gun controls in the north america but because the USA does not, mexican drug cartels are obtaining firearms from north of the border. This is put forth as a reason why the US need to reverse it's liberal firearm policies and abolish the 2nd amendment (in so many words) The guns rights crowd says "what liberal firearms policies?" It's already illegal for mexican nationals to purchase firearms in the US, it is already illegal for US citizens to purchase and transport firearms to mexico, it is already illegal for US citizens to purchase firearm in the US and transfer them to mexican nationals while on US soil...

we are led to believe that unscruplious US citizens are evading the laws in huge numbers, we are led to believe that unscruplious gun store owners are transfering firearms to "straw purchasers" or mexican nationals with out Law enforcement being able to catch them. Perhaps this is happening but it's more likely to be in the 10s of guns, then in the 1000s

Along comes Operation Fast and Furious. Ok, this sounds like some really good spy stuff, guns are going to be "tracked" to find the "king pins". Normally a low level criminal was pinched for an illegal purchase and was offered a plea deal to rat out the guys above them... the higher level guy was pinched for an offence and offered a plea deal to rat out the guys above him... and so on. In those instances the firearms were not allowed to "walk". That is the criminal was arrested and the firearm recovered before it was away from the investigation and survailance teams...

however in the Fast and Furious... the agents/gun store owners/law enforcement was ordered to "let the guns walk"... The guns were going to be "traced".

Ok, so there must be some really smart guys on this one... guys who

1. made the firearms almost inopperable and highly inaccurate... I.E. nearly useless. Anyone who has made a firearm accurate and reliable, knows how to make it inacurate and unreliable.
A. Drill the rifleing from the barrle from the muzzle to about half the bore. The weapon will fire, you will be lucky to put a bullet on a 10' wide target from 100m
B. for semi automatic weapons, install a heavier recoil spring... the weapon will stove pipe and jam about half the time. if you are really good, you can get it to stove pipe much more often.
C. shorten the fireing pin, the weapon hang fires or misfires.
I can go on and on with the numerous ways to phuck up a weapon.

and 2. installed some really small, really sexy, top secret satelite tracking transmitters that may use Pizeo-electric burst transmits every time the weapon is fired, or could be passively activated like an RID tag so that when the weapon passes by any RID reader it pings out saying "here I am". You know, really James Bond stuff, molded into the stock, or grips so that nobody knows it's there or how the crap it's being tracked.

because the last thing I would want is a fully operational firearm with no way of remotely locating it, to fall into the hands of criminals... hell one of them could use one to kill a border agent or something.

Come to find out that none of that was the case... Fully operational and non-trackable firearms were allowed to "walk" across the border with little or no criminal aprenhension of the "little guys".

Now I'm not one to jump to conclusions, I truely believe that no one in the adminstration is that STUPID... or would put US/Mexican law enforcement, as well as US/Mexican citizens at deadly risk for POLITICAL AGENDA ADVANCEMENT.

But looking at what was done, what other conclusions can be drawn? Either the Holder (or perhaps white house) resigme is SOOOO STUPID that they can't even task the CIA with making some "trackable" and nearly inopearble guns, or they are willing to put people at deadly risk to PUSH THEIR ANTI GUN AGENDA...

and here is the kicker, anyone hear that being said on CNN, or any of the major media outlets? How about the New York Times asking Obama or Holder at the next press conference? How about some straight forward questions as to HOW the guns were to be tracked, other then waiting for them to be use in a CRIME!!!

Frequently I find myself in a situation where the actions of others make no sense... why would you do that, IF, you wanted this result? I.E. why let untracable guns walk if you want to catch the king pins...

frequently I find that my assumption of the "results" is wrong. If you want catch king pins... those are not the actions to take...

but...

if what you really want to do is find dead mexican civilians gunned down by firearms that can be "traced" back to the US... then those are the precise actions to be taken.

Finally, when are heads going to roll? This is what we should be impeaching politicians for... DIRECTLY VIOLATION OF THEIR CONSTITUTIONAL OATHS. I don't care that clinton got blown in the oval office, I'm a little upset that he lied about it...

... but this is a direct violation of a Constitutional oath. Not only is it ignored, it's not even in the news, not a constant drum beat until those responsible are properly disgraced and removed from positions of power and authority.

alright Rant over

Need to know how to install your Rifleman's 1/5th throttle insert? click me
For more info on a sticky grip (not enough cable slack) click me
And another amazing install write up click this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
lol, once you go 1/5th... you NEVER go back
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 10-04-2011, 01:27 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Sorry, I thought this was about the movie...
post #3 of 16 Old 10-04-2011, 02:39 PM
MIA Post Whore

Posting Frequency

The house has called for a special council to investigate. We'll see where it goes. I'm sure very little facts and lots of spin is all we'll see.

2011 Ninja 1K street
2004 636 track
post #4 of 16 Old 10-04-2011, 03:47 PM
Blitzkrieg

Posting Frequency

by this administration, you mean the same administration that has apparently mis-placed 20k rockets over in the sandbox? missles big enough to take down a commercial airliner, with just one of them? sooooo, how do they plan on finding the weapons leak going to mexico? i said all along that the only thing guns laws do is keep the law abiding citizen straight. criminals dont give two sh!ts about gun laws. go to the hood and buy a full auto AR for a few thousand, maybe. go have joe law abiding citizen go through the proper channles, he pays 16k+ after he pays for his license and tax stamp. this administration couldnt find the leak if it was coming through the front of their pants!!! oh, and good luck gov't in ever trying to come and take peoples guns from them. i be calling in sick that day for sure.

"There is always time to think about what you want to do,
Until it comes time to start doing what you were meant to do."

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.~unknown~

"The true test of a mans character is how he treats someone, from whom he has nothing to gain"

"It's the things that people don't know about themselves on the inside, that make them afraid"
post #5 of 16 Old 10-04-2011, 04:35 PM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

it's all about them making money, it has nothing to do with guns, US government wants more money, this is one more way of milking their citizens of more money, while not doing anything else ( solving the problem), I hope you see that.
post #6 of 16 Old 10-04-2011, 04:49 PM
MIA Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellboytt View Post
it's all about them making money, it
When it comes to gun control it has nothing to do with money. It has to do with control and restricting the ability of the common citizen to resist government control.

Quote:
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Remember the roots of the US. We fought an oppressive government that heavily taxed it's citizen's for our independance. There are those that want to tax at will and repress anyone that might be opposed. Know your history and listen carefully to the talking heads. Words have meaning and rarely is the meaning on the surface when it comes to politics.

2011 Ninja 1K street
2004 636 track
post #7 of 16 Old 10-04-2011, 05:49 PM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by miykl View Post
When it comes to gun control it has nothing to do with money. It has to do with control and restricting the ability of the common citizen to resist government control.

Remember the roots of the US. We fought an oppressive government that heavily taxed it's citizen's for our independance. There are those that want to tax at will and repress anyone that might be opposed. Know your history and listen carefully to the talking heads. Words have meaning and rarely is the meaning on the surface when it comes to politics.
I know history, tax bs and slavery almost destroyed this country before it even started.................. money had a lot to do with it. And then we stole the land from Indians, British and French............ and Mexico lol
post #8 of 16 Old 10-04-2011, 06:10 PM
All show and all go 10r

Posting Frequency

All I can say is history repeats itself.

post #9 of 16 Old 10-04-2011, 07:05 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

now this is a thread certainly worth my time.......please continue.....

there are few problems in life that the proper application of throttle will not fix.:deathmeta
post #10 of 16 Old 10-04-2011, 11:38 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellboytt View Post
I know history, tax bs and slavery almost destroyed this country before it even started.................. money had a lot to do with it. And then we stole the land from Indians, British and French............ and Mexico lol
Thats an interesting concept.........

The british had the land before we did...we ( the eventual U.S) took the land from the British via revolution......we "bought" the louisiana purchase from the french and Alaska from the Russians....the MeheeKanos ( got land grants from Spain..who took it from the Indians by Christianizing them) who then took the southwest from the Indians..from which we in turn took from them..

sooooooooo who really stole land from who...we "paid for Louisiana purchase and Alaska with cash............and if any restitution is to be paid it should be the Brits, MeheeKanos ,french and Russians to the native americans.............

now the Meheekanos are re colonizing North America.................
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in