Family+bike - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 Old 08-04-2010, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Family+bike

Hey guys just wondering, where do you family (married) guys find time to ride. I ride all the time now, but I'm getting married in a few days and I wanted to know how do you guys balance that whole situation....any advice would be greatly appreciated

DDM Tuning HID lights| Sportech Windscreen| ASV shorty levers| Driven D3 grips| Evotech 1/4 turn gas cap| LSL sliders| Woodcraft case covers| PCV with custom map| BMC race filter| secondaries removed| EK 525 red chain| Vortex rearsets| M4 Slayer exhaust| PSR chain adjusters| Speigler brake lines| custom front and rear seat| Pro bolt aluminum bolt kit| Hellrazor servo eliminator
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 08-04-2010, 09:24 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

You should still ride as much as you do now -after you get married.

Your riding habits should not change. Period.

BTW all the best for your wedding
post #3 of 29 Old 08-04-2010, 09:26 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Getting married shouldn't change your lifestyle, just her last name and what she carries in he purse. Your balls and your money just kidding, congrats!
post #4 of 29 Old 08-04-2010, 09:38 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I got a wife and a 3 month old baby, and here's what I do.

If anything is needed, and it can fit in a backpack, then volunteer to get it. Take the bike, and take the long way. But like the others said, she loves you, you love riding. There's no reason you can't take a long ride every week or so just because you want to.

'07 SE- Lots to party with.
post #5 of 29 Old 08-04-2010, 09:38 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

you should both have your own time. i shappen to spend mine riding. helping out around the house some helps when i want to ride alot!! and congrats on your marriage..

when i die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.. Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.
post #6 of 29 Old 08-04-2010, 10:00 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

This time of year I am up at 5:30 on the weekends, meet riding buddies around 6:45 ride till around 11, home by Noon.
post #7 of 29 Old 08-04-2010, 10:05 PM
PJD
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I just walk to the bike while the wife is holding my ankles.
I usually drag her upwards of 50 feet to the bike. Put my lid on while she begs me not to go...ear plugs are essential at this point.
Start up the 10 and proceed to drag the wife down the drive way until she finally lets go.

She's getting better though, this morning she held on until around 50 kms and hr.

I like to think we have a good give an take relationship.
post #8 of 29 Old 08-04-2010, 10:09 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

LOL....thanks for the well wishes and advice guys...she's really not anal about me riding so I'm not worried about that...I'm actually in the process of getting her on her own bike (she's already taken the MSF course) so I should be good to go

DDM Tuning HID lights| Sportech Windscreen| ASV shorty levers| Driven D3 grips| Evotech 1/4 turn gas cap| LSL sliders| Woodcraft case covers| PCV with custom map| BMC race filter| secondaries removed| EK 525 red chain| Vortex rearsets| M4 Slayer exhaust| PSR chain adjusters| Speigler brake lines| custom front and rear seat| Pro bolt aluminum bolt kit| Hellrazor servo eliminator
post #9 of 29 Old 08-04-2010, 10:09 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Well me and he share duties and do our own things, I help her with chores and she lets me ride.

When Im out riding on Sundays
She is at home cooking and cleaning

When Im with friends out on Saturdays Riding
She is at home watching the kids

When I ride to work on the weekdays
She is at work making money

Its a very simple and good life I live.

Puig Screen, Carbon Scorpion Slipons, Starrotors HID, Champs Sliders, Targa Fender Eliminator, GIPRO/ATRE, Rim Stripe, CRG Shorty Levers, Galfer SS Lines. ZX14 Nissin Calipers, Puig Carbon Rear Fender, Attack Racing Carbon Front Fender, Vortex Mirror Blockoffs, Oberon Barend Mirror, BMC Race Air Filter, Carbon Fiber Heel Guards, Stomp Grip, Speedo Healer, 16t front Sprocket
post #10 of 29 Old 08-04-2010, 10:22 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Your riding time shouldn't lessen any, up until you have kids anyways. I've put less than 1000 miles on this summer since having a kid. I think it's the reason I'm turning into such an asshole, maybe it's time for a Harley. Then at least I'd be home cleaning it and fixing it more.

At its core, the Ninja ZX-10R is a motorcycle built for the accomplished rider who can fully appreciate its capabilities--whether put to the test at a racetrack, or merely the focus of bench-racing conversation. It is, by all standards, the embodiment of the ultimate superbike.

Member of The Elite - Growler Group
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in