Fairing review//RANT - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 Old 04-25-2012, 01:06 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Fairing review//RANT

So.. as many of you may know i had lowsided last year, and ive been putting her back together all winter. Well, everything mechanical was done so i needed some new fairings.

I heard about a site called www.fivestarfairings.com and heard they were local (florida.. local as in the U.S.). After browsing the site, the fairings looked good, the prices were ok.. and i had contacted them via online live chat they have (top right corner of their page) and was told they will do custom pain jobs at no additional price. All i had to do was tell them colors//scheme and it would be done. i ended up picking the monster motogp set but had em paint it black/white.

Now this being said i went ahead and placed my order. 725 shipped to my door.
I had asked the operator/manager "matt ferris" about paint time, and ship time. I also requested that they send me pics of the kit before it was shipped for my approval. I was told "no problem we send out pics of all the kits"
Paint time - 7-9 business days
ship time 10-14 business days.

So i say ok cool, thanks. Fast forward 2 weeks later and i havent heard shit from them. no email no nothing, so i contact them asking wtf is up and wheres my stuff. Well apparently because it was a custom kit it was 10-15 business days to be made/painted. (now rememeber before i placed my order i was told 7-9) so i say ok no biggie... another 2 weeks go by and im getting PISSED. still no word. So i call them up saying wtf is my tracking number. i was told by this guy that it should have been done blah blah blah.

The guy tells me quote " your kit is in transit. you should have it at the end of this week, or the begenning of next" i say ok cool.. but where the fuck is my tracking number? and where the fuck is my pictures of my kit? he replies "oh ill have to check with lisa and have her contact our shipping agent to get your tracking number, and we only send pics out of kits if there was anything wrong with them" WTF? so ive been lied to blatently.

So i wait another week and a half and no fairings have arrived.. still no tracking number... and i contact them AGAIN. Now im pissed. i say tell me wtf is going on or im doing a chargeback and going to bad mouth the shit out of you guys...

THEY THEN TELL ME MY KIT HASNT EVEN FUCKING SHIPPED YET AND THAT IT WILL BE DONE BEING PAINTED IN 5-7 DAYS?!!??!?!?!?

So at this point im like whatever get it fucking done i want free rush shipping, ive been lied to blatently by 3 different people at this company.. i just want my shit because that's all i am waiting for to get the bike inspected.

i ordered on march 5th. i recieved them in the mail YESTERDAY. oh and guess where they were shipped from? HONG FUCKING KONG. yep thats right. they put up a front like they are located in floriday.. yet they make them in china.
if i would have known that shit i would have just orded a cheaper set from ebay.

we spent 5 hours last night trying to fit the fairings on. Paint quality is OK.... no primer coat. paint flakes off where tabs are easily (nothing visible thank fucking god) and the fitment is fucking TRASH.

Do not order from fivestarfairings.com it's cheaper, faster, and less hassle to just order a stupid fleabay kit. im appalled at the customer service from this company, and their business ethics are trash. i am VERY unhappy with the fitment of these fairings. the tail piece has a gap on the left side of like an inch that i need to fill somehow.... plastic materiel is soft and flimsy... and i feel like once i go over 100 mph the paint is going to strip right off... or the plastic is going to desintigrate. oh and there's a gap in the rear seat to the plastics... piss me off damnit.

Still have a bit to do tonight to get everything fit.. but here's where we gave up last night. i'll update in my rebuild thread when we're finished.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (2).jpg
Views:	520
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	160906  

Two bros exhaust, pcIII, 16t front 42t rear, 1/5 throttle, ivans TRE, HID's,white LED running lights, complete underglow LED's, speedohealer, flies removed, nissins with ss lines, k&n filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyta View Post
Fuck that's hot, i wish god didn't make me ugly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 04-25-2012, 01:14 PM
Gen2 Ripper

Posting Frequency

That sucks man. Doesn't look all that bad though.

07-ZX10R-SOLD
, 1/5th insert, -1/+5,comp werkes decatted,PC3+multi-hub,piperX,30 dry shot,2custom maps,Ballistic EVO2,Pazzo shorties,SATO rearsets,HealTech,ZG Corsa,EBC XC Gen3 rotors,Vesrah pads, SS lines, Gen3 calipers, etc and stretched 8" so it won't flip
05-ZRX1200R-sold
04-KX500-sold
1975 RD350-garage queen
post #3 of 30 Old 04-25-2012, 01:18 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

they spelled Kawasaki wrong too, j/k....... I would strip it off, pack it up real nice then take a monster morning shit in the box and send it back to them.

82 GS450L- Bobber Project
06 636- Sold
07 R1- Lost
08 zx10r- Lost
09 zx10r- Totaled 8/3/14
07 cbr600rr- Track - Sold
12 EX250r- Womans - Kissed a guardrail
13 zx10r- Old street - Sold
14 SSR Lifan 180cc Pit Bike- Fun machine
15 zx10r- New street

I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders

post #4 of 30 Old 04-25-2012, 01:20 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Looks pretty good. What kind of covers did you use for your seats?

post #5 of 30 Old 04-25-2012, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Yeah they look alright.. until you try to put them on haha. the fitment quality is so bad it's not even funny.

seats were done by a guy in nevada... i found him on ebay and contacted him directly to see if he would do custom ones (which he did)

Two bros exhaust, pcIII, 16t front 42t rear, 1/5 throttle, ivans TRE, HID's,white LED running lights, complete underglow LED's, speedohealer, flies removed, nissins with ss lines, k&n filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyta View Post
Fuck that's hot, i wish god didn't make me ugly.
post #6 of 30 Old 04-25-2012, 01:54 PM
BigCat for Prez!

Posting Frequency

did u ever post a thread asking abt aftermarket stuff? if u did then i know i told u to stay away from them. I had the EXACT same experience from nicecycle, and they wouldnt take the fairings back. their site says theyre made in japan and arent junk like chinese ones, but the box said shanghai china when i finally got them after a month. I called them on it and they said the fairings are made in japan but shipped to china for paint. I told him that makes no fucking sense in a business perspective so i knew they were full of shit, but i eventually got my money right and threw those pieces of crap in the garbage. OEM all the way

mine took 9hrs to get on btw

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedinseattle View Post
in reference to the man card issue, let me clarify it for everyone, " If a man builds a 1000 bridges and sucks one cock, that doesnt make him a bridge builder, it makes him a cock sucker..."
My bike is the fattest and slowest of all the G2s
post #7 of 30 Old 04-27-2012, 01:01 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

What's up man, I just registered to find out some things about your order (I'm on zx-6r forums). I also ordered from these fuckin douchebags, the same scheme as yours in the factory orange pearl for my 636. Cost me an extra $120, $775 total. This was 3 weeks ago today and I can't get a response either, no e-mail, nobody answers the phone, nothing. Did you at least get all the parts and heat shields and the bolt kit? Did it really take 7 1/2 weeks to get? I can't wait that long, lol but pissed while lol-ing. I just sent them an e-mail about getting ready to cancel my order, maybe I can get a response then. From what I see the bike looks beautiful. Hope i have a better experiance than you did. I also like the seat, I'm getting the same 1 in orange and black. Did that at least fit right?

Last edited by MADKAWDIZEEZ; 04-27-2012 at 02:11 PM.
post #8 of 30 Old 04-27-2012, 01:24 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Finally got them on the phone and got the same run around as you. This "Lisa" person should have e-mailed the tracking # but of course "Lisa" is off today. "You should recieve them the following week" he says so i guess in a week or 2. More like 3-4 weeks I would imagine. That place is shit. Should have gone the ebay route and saved $300 or more with the same results.
post #9 of 30 Old 04-27-2012, 02:58 PM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Hate to hear about all the trouble your having. I hope in the end you get all the fittment issues squared away and end up happy with them.

post #10 of 30 Old 04-27-2012, 03:51 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Did you have them match the paint to the tank? How did it come out? I'm having them match mine (hopefully) to the factory color. Or did you match the tank to the fairings? Looks like it matches perfect in the pic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in