f cell phones - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 Old 05-01-2007, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

f cell phones

yeah people driving in traffic while on cell phones are ignorant can't count the times ive been merged into and 9/10 are on the phone. justa rant......i i was thinking about making a bright orange shirt over my leathers with something along the lines of "f u if your on your cell right now" .... ah yeah

well....ur...according to my calculations...and experimentation we can deduce zx+10r=fast...umkay...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 05-01-2007, 11:09 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Yeah, they won't notice you on the bike...I've driven rescue vehicles for years and people with cell phones are the worst. If they don't notice a huge vehicle with flashing lights and sirens, they wont' notice us on our bikes.

Be careful out there. Assume you are invinsible...I mean invisible.
post #3 of 31 Old 05-02-2007, 04:35 AM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypatcorbin View Post
yeah people driving in traffic while on cell phones are ignorant can't count the times ive been merged into and 9/10 are on the phone. justa rant......i i was thinking about making a bright orange shirt over my leathers with something along the lines of "f u if your on your cell right now" .... ah yeah

its deffinately one of if not my worst peeve's is the overall rudeness of cell users. I haven't and won't own/use one. :headshake

BD

Those who stir the shit pot should have to lick the spoon.
post #4 of 31 Old 05-02-2007, 04:51 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Major fines in Aus if they get caught. Ther is an add on tv at the moment which shows a young woman in a car picking up her mobile phone to make a call, but as hhe puts it to her head it is a pistol. Kinda drives the point home... good add

Bill - GI Pro, Hindle slip on, Smoked screen, ZX14 brakes.... Well, you feel lucky, punk? You shouldn't, this is a 10R
post #5 of 31 Old 05-02-2007, 07:20 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I dont mind the use of the phone, but for cripes sakes get a freaking headset or BT headset so you can lay the phone down and drive with both hands and be able to turn your head to look.

I talk when I dirve but I always have my headset on, for me though it is not really a choice as I drive a manual and its to freaking hard to talk, steer, and shift.
post #6 of 31 Old 05-02-2007, 07:28 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I think this has become some sort of epidemic. Sometimes while sitting at a stop light I will count the people going through the intersection while talking...seriously people, is it THAT important that you just can't wait? What's worse is that our idiotic elected officials are ignoring the problem. It is true that some places have some kind of law, but the vast majority do not. But make sure you are wearing your seatbelt! That way when you get in a wreck because you were chatting it up you will be ok. :headshake
post #7 of 31 Old 05-02-2007, 08:10 AM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp8875 View Post
What's worse is that our idiotic elected officials are ignoring the problem. It is true that some places have some kind of law, but the vast majority do not. But make sure you are wearing your seatbelt! That way when you get in a wreck because you were chatting it up you will be ok. :headshake
I totally agree.

The traffic laws are a joke. You can be fined for going 65 in a 60 while being in full control of your vehicle. But it's perfectly fine to drive 15 mph under the speed limit in mutiple lanes at the same time while chatting on a cell phone.
post #8 of 31 Old 05-02-2007, 08:24 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrill View Post
Major fines in Aus if they get caught. Ther is an add on tv at the moment which shows a young woman in a car picking up her mobile phone to make a call, but as hhe puts it to her head it is a pistol. Kinda drives the point home... good add
think you could find that add online, there are a few people i need to show something like that too.

well....ur...according to my calculations...and experimentation we can deduce zx+10r=fast...umkay...
post #9 of 31 Old 05-02-2007, 08:26 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

i know how you feel, i got rear ended last year on my BRAND NEW zx 10 (3miles on the odo). after she hit me, she got out of her car and was still on the damn cell phone! she saw how pissed i was and locked herself in the car til the cops came. you should have seen the look on her face when she found out i was a cop too, plenty of tickets for her.....

Female Speeder: I thought you didn't give tickets to pretty women???

Officer: WE DON'T, SIGN HERE!!
post #10 of 31 Old 05-02-2007, 09:09 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Yeah I am pretty sure I would of have broke the ticket book off in her as well.

My buddy got kind of rear ended last year. Chick bumped him on his bike, then bumps him again and then one more time. He gets off of the bike and asks her why she it hitting his bike and she copped a attitude about the issue saying she did not hit him. He was livid as she was resting up against his rear tire at that moment. He gave her some choice words as she was on her phone and then hit her car right in the fender with his glove and left her a reminder.

He has a temper, I thought it was sort of funny in some weird way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in