Exhaust Assistance (Truck) - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 Old 12-26-2008, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
Custom Powder Coater

Posting Frequency

Exhaust Assistance (Truck)

Hey guys got a 92 F150 w/ A True dual exhaust,(Each header has its own pipe,cat,muffler,exhaust tip.) But now rust has gotten the best of it and needs repalced. I havent met anybody that didnt love the way she used to sound, Even my wife! Now i must rebuild it.
But would like some assitance if possible.

So I need to get me some Full Length headers to replace my shorties, also need to get some high flow cats(2) along with mufflers (2). Been to all the name brand sites (jegs,Summit,year one) is there anymore were i can find this stuff. maybe better prices?

Im going full headers so i dont have the problem i have now @ the collector with the shorties, the bolts keep coming loose and i cant reach them to tighten completely.
Prob. will go with the Flowmaster 40 series muffler (2) unless u guys know something better. Please speak up.

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/40_orig.html

www.sportbikepc.com
Sport Bike Powder Coating,LLC
Custom Powder Coating & Authorized Dealer for:
ASV Levers,Brocks Performance,Carrozzeria Wheels,Core Moto Brake Lines, EarthX Batteries,Sato Racing, SuperSprox..
PM or [email protected] for pricing..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 12-26-2008, 03:10 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Does Jersey have emissions testing? If so, how is the test conducted? Visual test, OBD scan (its a 92...), tail pipe sniffer, how?

The 40 series sounds extremely good idling but drones when in the revs some - depends on the cab shape, gearing, tire size, etc.
post #3 of 31 Old 12-26-2008, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
Custom Powder Coater

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Does Jersey have emissions testing? If so, how is the test conducted? Visual test, OBD scan (its a 92...), tail pipe sniffer, how?

The 40 series sounds extremely good idling but drones when in the revs some - depends on the cab shape, gearing, tire size, etc.

Yes, Tail sniffer, Visual, No scanninghas to be 96+
I have no prob. with going through inspection as long as i got both cats, I do have to retard the timing though.

www.sportbikepc.com
ASV Levers,Brocks Performance,Carrozzeria Wheels,Core Moto Brake Lines, EarthX Batteries,Sato Racing, SuperSprox..
post #4 of 31 Old 12-27-2008, 03:28 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Go with longtubes mated to high-flow cats with an x pipe leading to dual Dynomax mufflers. Like I said previously, Flowmaster drone alot - much less with an X pipe.

The X pipe will help it not only sound, but flow and perform better too.
post #5 of 31 Old 12-27-2008, 03:54 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I have the flowmaster 40 series on my dodge and love the sound. It is a single cab, hemi motor, 40 series flows with 3 inch outlet, and 22'' rims. Love my truck....
Attached Images

2006 ZX-10R Black "Snake Eyes"
starrotors.com 6000k h.i.d. kit, T-rex frame sliders, Nissin Calipers, Galfer HH pads, Galfer SS brake lines, Puig DB windscreen, Micron exhaust, Powerbronze carbon fiber, Driven grips, Pazzo levers, and Gilles rearsets.

Note: Pray for peace, train for war. There can be no freedom without sacrifice.

"remember pain is temporary but quitting last forever. Feed the warrior"
post #6 of 31 Old 12-27-2008, 04:47 AM
Retired post whore

Posting Frequency

Herb i just had a flowmaster super 44 installed on my trailblazer ss - so far i'm real happy with the sound.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmond Burke (1729-1797)
post #7 of 31 Old 12-27-2008, 08:05 AM Thread Starter
Custom Powder Coater

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Go with longtubes mated to high-flow cats with an x pipe leading to dual Dynomax mufflers. Like I said previously, Flowmaster drone alot - much less with an X pipe.

The X pipe will help it not only sound, but flow and perform better too.
No room for the x-pipe already checked it may fit but it will be below or even with the framerails and i dont like that.
I will give it another look.

Def. getting the Dynomax long tubes, just dont know abouth there mufflers. they also have cats Ive been checking out.

www.sportbikepc.com
post #8 of 31 Old 12-27-2008, 08:12 AM Thread Starter
Custom Powder Coater

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman10r View Post
I have the flowmaster 40 series on my dodge and love the sound. It is a single cab, hemi motor, 40 series flows with 3 inch outlet, and 22'' rims. Love my truck....
your the whole reason im getting this done these boys with these dodges are pissing me off since my sound is gone, It seems they all wanna step on it at take off. It' all good though they will fear me again soon.
You got 1 or 2 mufflers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien10 View Post
Herb i just had a flowmaster super 44 installed on my trailblazer ss - so far i'm real happy with the sound.
How's it sound inside

www.sportbikepc.com
post #9 of 31 Old 12-27-2008, 08:31 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to ol_dog_big_balls
I am running a setup like that on my 85 Chevy. Headman Long Tube Headers (pinch for the ceramic coated you wont regret it), Magnaflow High Flow Cats, and 40 Series Flowmaster Mufflers. I drove it from Central Texas all the way to Fort Rucker, AL. Wasn't Bad. Idle Sound Kicks A$$. If you are going to go round two with exhaust like this you already know what you are getting into. No less than 2.5 inch piping though. You should have a 5.0 or 5.8 so the extra pipe volume does wonder for the sound and power. End it all with some 3.5 inch tips for a clean look. If I wasn't in Iraq I would snap some pics of it. I paid a bit for it all but the look, sound, and performance are all worth it.

You always have the experience 3 seconds after you really needed it.
post #10 of 31 Old 12-27-2008, 09:23 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I am going to buy a four door dodge diesel and I am going to have stacks behind the cab, this is baddass.

This isnt the kit I would use on a dodge but here is a decent kit for you http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/5-X-3...6295QQtcZphoto
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in