Employment satisfaction? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
View Poll Results: Are you happy with your employment?
I llike my job 36 50.00%
I hate my job 12 16.67%
I'm content with what I do 24 33.33%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 Old 10-21-2006, 10:08 PM Thread Starter
MIA Ex-Mod

Posting Frequency

Employment satisfaction?

Are you happy with your current employment? I ask this because I find myself, quite a lot lately, wondering why the hell I am doing what I am doing? I used to really enjoy my work but now it has become more stressing just to go in to work. There are some things at work going on that just get on my nerves; politics, favoritism, people just there for a check, company is becoming more military style telling you what you can and can't do, etc.

They just recently started tracking what they call Early Clockout List. Some background, I work swingshift days and nights 12.5 hrs from 6:45 to 7:15, I checked this list out and basically everyone in the plant is on there including myself. They have me as clocking out early at 7:15-7:18, now how is it I get off work at 7:15 and they say I am clocking out early. I know their reasoning is that we are supposed to be on the machine til 7:15 but it doesnt take but about a min to a min and a half to get to the time clock. Aren't they supposed to give time to get cleaned up after work?

I guess I am just venting but it got my curiousity up to find out how many of my fellow members are truly happy with what they do for money.

Tread

2004 PBO zx10-r pazzo, seat cowl, yoshi Ti TRS bolt on, PC3, Speedo-Healer, Hyperpro, Braided lines, 16-40, Sato sets, ZG dark screen, and more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 Old 10-21-2006, 10:19 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I used to work those hours at a printing company. They wanted you in about 15 min early for a turnover and out about 15 min lat for a turnover. We also didn't get a break or a lunch. We ate while we worked.When we had a chance that is. Your drink was always hot and you food was always cold. They watched us like hawks, too. It got really political there and there was a lot of favoritism. I'll try to be the best damn worker in the world, but unfortunately for me, I will not kiss the bosses ass. Even when you had vacation time and planned it waaay in advance, if they felt like they didn't want you to take it when it was time, they didn't let you. I decided to make a change after 10 years. I miss a lot of the co-workers, but I'm glad. Hope it gets better for you.
post #3 of 43 Old 10-21-2006, 10:20 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

i think everyone goes threw bs and questions why they are there

When two men step into the ring, one and only one deserves to win. When you step into the ring, you gotta know you deserve to win. You gotta know destiny owes you victory ‘cos you trained harder than your opponent. You sparred harder. You ran farther
post #4 of 43 Old 10-21-2006, 10:29 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to BigDally
Must say I luv my job. Get to work with the latest computer tech day in and day out, and I don't have to deal with whiney @ssed end users!

D

Big Dally
post #5 of 43 Old 10-21-2006, 10:48 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I hear you Tread! I am in management for a Japanese auto parts supplier. I did not have choice to go into this job if I was going to stay. I am supposed to stay until the days work is done....it is never done, and the top managment knows it. I am fine until about a mile away and then I get an upset stomach.
post #6 of 43 Old 10-21-2006, 10:58 PM
MIA mod

Posting Frequency

Guarantee the higher ups get their vacations, food, bathroom breaks, etc., whenever the bleep they want them. And how you have to cut your vacation time short, because there's a crisis at work. But, ask for a raise, and your lot is a dime a dozen on the streets. Oh, and don't you just love it when they tell you that they "can do your job better than you can". I've said, "prove it, here's the keys". Was told after that, that I had a problem with authority (boss). What I have a problem with is incompetence and lack of leadership.
The extra 15~20 before and after is called "face time", but don't you dare clock in/out before or after the appointed hour. Gotta prove your heart beats the company colors and other assorted BS.
Been there, done that, got the T-shirt, T-shirt worn out, don't want another one.
I've been self-employed for the past 10 years. I learned a wonderful new word that you can't and don't dare utter if you are employed. That word is "No". Amazing to me is the respect it gets from others. And I've found that if I have a problem with the boss, then I guess it's was really me and not the boss!

Some days will stay a thousand years, some pass like the flash of a spark.
post #7 of 43 Old 10-21-2006, 11:02 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpz1100
Guarantee the higher ups get their vacations, food, bathroom breaks, etc., whenever the bleep they want them. And how you have to cut your vacation time short, because there's a crisis at work. But, ask for a raise, and your lot is a dime a dozen on the streets. Oh, and don't you just love it when they tell you that they "can do your job better than you can". I've said, "prove it, here's the keys". Was told after that, that I had a problem with authority (boss). What I have a problem with is incompetence and lack of leadership.
The extra 15~20 before and after is called "face time", but don't you dare clock in/out before or after the appointed hour. Gotta prove your heart beats the company colors and other assorted BS.
Been there, done that, got the T-shirt, T-shirt worn out, don't want another one.
I've been self-employed for the past 10 years. I learned a wonderful new word that you can't and don't dare utter if you are employed. That word is "No". Amazing to me is the respect it gets from others. And I've found that if I have a problem with the boss, then I guess it's was really me and not the boss!
Congrats on the taking the chance and doing it your way, almost choked me up reading your post. Hate to thread jack, but I know exactly how Tread feels and obviously you knew as well gpz.
post #8 of 43 Old 10-21-2006, 11:12 PM
MIA mod

Posting Frequency

Yeah, used to come home after what Sting put so well, "another humilating kick in the crotch" (daily, ah, hourly) and tell my very sweet wife to "not talk to me" while I decompressed. At least I didn't drink. Unfair to her in the extreme. And very hard on a marriage. Now we get along better and most of the time are working together at jobs. Wouldn't recommend to most couples, but it works very well for us.

Some days will stay a thousand years, some pass like the flash of a spark.
post #9 of 43 Old 10-21-2006, 11:35 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to BigDally
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tread70
Are you happy with your current employment? I ask this because I find myself, quite a lot lately, wondering why the hell I am doing what I am doing? I used to really enjoy my work but now it has become more stressing just to go in to work. There are some things at work going on that just get on my nerves; politics, favoritism, people just there for a check, company is becoming more military style telling you what you can and can't do, etc.
..dude, I've had jobs in the past that I fell out with as well. We all do the best we can, with what God provides us, but sometimes that just doesn't seen to be enough. Might not be a bad idea to think about what kind of career you would like, and ways of pursuing it. We spend so much of our lives at work; kinda a shame not to enjoy it if at all possible....

D

Big Dally
post #10 of 43 Old 10-22-2006, 12:11 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

love what I do for living just hate my boss.

AREA P exhaust 12" / euro signals
OEM seat cowl / PUIG windscreen black
GALFER steel braided brake lines red
SATO exhaust hanger / GRAVES fender eliminator
SCOTTS stering damper / STOMP pads
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in