Ebay Recourse - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 03-10-2007, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Ebay Recourse

My friend just recieved a Ps3 via ebay, turns out it doesnt work. He paid for it via paypal and is wondering if he can get his money back and if so does it come from paypal or can he get it from the seller? Anyone with experience would be a big help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 03-10-2007, 08:14 PM
MIA mod

Posting Frequency

File a complaint with PayPal, but only after the seller has refused to make good the deal. Be sure there was no verbage in the auction such as "sold as is" and "no warranty". Check if the seller offered a money back guarantee. In short, exhaust the sellers chances to make it right. Keep all the emails so you have proof. Be polite, state the circumstances, be clear in what you say and expect to happen. If the seller refuses to answer the email, after 4~5 attempts over a weeks time, then file a claim with PayPal. You may be able to recover about 75% of the price paid. Been there, done it. Not happy, but he person was banned by the time I got through with it. Good luck.

Some days will stay a thousand years, some pass like the flash of a spark.
post #3 of 16 Old 03-10-2007, 09:16 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Was it listed as new? If so, and it says no refunds, that doesn't make a shit of difference. I have a claim going through right now. Some dude sold me something listed as new, but it wasn't even in the box! I asked for a refund, and he said it was new. I put in a claim with Paypal, and it takes a couple of days, but if he disputes, it gets escalated. Then you can escalate. If he doesn't reply, you win. If he does, then Paypal does an investigation. If you win, Paypal covers the amout you lost minus shipping. And remember if you lose, you have the mother fuckers address on the box that the PS3 came in. I am proablaby going to win my case, but regardless the asshole lives 4 hours away, so I'm going to visit his poor, poor ass anyways! HAPPY HUNTING!
post #4 of 16 Old 03-11-2007, 03:27 AM
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?

Posting Frequency

ive had that shit with ebay and paypal when a seller shipped me something used instead of "BRAND NEW" as stated.

Guess what paypal said after their "so-called" investigation?

""Our investigation into your claim is complete. As stated in our User
Agreement, the claims process only applies to the shipment of goods. It
does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of goods
received. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or issue
a refund. ""

Thats the exact thing they said.
Fuckers!!! So i got the USED part instead of NEW.

post #5 of 16 Old 03-11-2007, 08:40 AM
OMG Look at that squid!!

Posting Frequency

Experience also tells me... FIND THA MOTHA FOCKER and beat his ass silly. THAT is your only recourse. PayPal is a fuggin JOKE. almost 7 years on ebay and been using PayPal since it launched... 3 times I've been screwed.

Post the address of the seller and I GUARantee someone here lives in that area. It's been done before! LOL

Because wheelie!!!

17' Honda 1000RR SP - 08' Hypermotard 1100s
16' ZX10R - SOLD
14' Ducati Monster 1200S - SOLD
13' RSV4-R - SOLD
My ZX10R's 11' - 08' - 07' - 05' - 04' - ALL SOLD
Miss my Black 04' the most!
Never enough money, never enough time!

post #6 of 16 Old 03-11-2007, 09:25 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Always....always....use a credit card when funding a Pay Pal account. If you run into these problems, you call your credit card company and dispute the charges. I know plenty of people who do this when there are problems. Pay Pal won't do much for you so good luck if you didn't use a credit card.
post #7 of 16 Old 03-11-2007, 09:36 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I just switched my funding source on Paypal from checking to a CC. There was a pop up afterwards that tried to discourage me. It stated that I'd lose some buyer protection. I'm slowly trying to pay with money order when possible.

Kelly
'05 ZX-10R
post #8 of 16 Old 03-11-2007, 09:58 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Zixxer
I just switched my funding source on Paypal from checking to a CC. There was a pop up afterwards that tried to discourage me. It stated that I'd lose some buyer protection. I'm slowly trying to pay with money order when possible.
Paypal will always discourage you from using a CC that's because they know that their buyer protection doesn't even hold a candle to what CCs offer you. Think about it, if you file a charge back, Paypal gets left holding the bag to try to recover the money from the seller. And when things go bad like this typically it's because of a scammer. Good luck trying to recover your funds in this situation. I say screw Paypal. Also remember, Paypal isn't even a bank. So it's not even regulated by any of the typical Federal agencies.
post #9 of 16 Old 03-11-2007, 11:18 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

ALmost any cc will give you more protection than paypal .American Express much better. CC's also respond faster and reimburse your money withing days ,not months.Dont even try to pay with money orders. There almost no protection with M.O. and its a long process to recover your money in case you can prove that the item came damaged or that it never arrived.
post #10 of 16 Old 03-11-2007, 11:31 AM
MIA mod

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaZXiel
...Dont even try to pay with money orders. There almost no protection with M.O. and its a long process to recover your money in case you can prove that the item came damaged or that it never arrived.

Never, ever pay with a MO. Sometimes they "get lost in the mail". Yeah, right, and next to impossible to prove it was received without a return receipt, signature required form. BidPay is the worst and I'm not sure it's still up and running. If they won't take a personal check (with waiting to clear), but only a Postal MO, I steer clear of the auction. I have very few problems with PayPal, but I am very careful on what I bid on. Too good to be true (price), bad rep, no pictures, overseas (software, media), all set of the alarm bells.

Some days will stay a thousand years, some pass like the flash of a spark.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in