Ebay Problem - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 09-20-2006, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Ebay Problem

I listed some parts that I had left from my Buell. Link The winning bidder contacted me two days after the auction asking if I'd take a check. I contacted the closest bidder and he wasnt interested anymore. So, I replied that a money order was preferred but I'd cash the check.

Fast forward to the 13th. I sent the following message.
Quote:
The auction ended 7 days ago and I have yet to recieve payment. The ad stated that payment was due 48 hours after the end of the auction. If you couldnt meet this, you should have asked BEFORE bidding. Payment methods indicated were Paypal, money order or cashier's check.
Please let me know when payment can be expected.
He then responded with:
Quote:
I am surprised you did not get the check yet. If you do not get it by tommorrow let me know. Or if you want to,just send it back if and when you do finally get it and we will just call it a wash. I only wanted one part out of the bunch anyway. Hell with it, just send it back.
First, I'm not sending the check back. It's not worth my time. Second, when I got the check, it was postmarked for the day I sent the message! (13 Sep)

I responded again:
Quote:
You responded to my message on Sep 14 that you were surprised that I had not recieved a check that you mailed on the 13th. It takes more than a day to get from Michigan to Texas. The auction ended on the 6th.

After this, you cop an attitude and tell me to send the check back? You put me in a bad spot because I'd have to re-list and the people you out bid are no longer interested. If you want the check back, then I'll report this transaction to ebay. I've kept all messages, the paypal invoice date and the postmarked envelope.

It should have never gotten to this.
and now his response:
Quote:
You are right, it should never have gotten to this. I should never have bought from you. I looked at your feedback. You are a career ebayer. Yes I would like my money back. You got paid and I still have NO PARTS. Stop running a scam on me. And stop with the threats too!
How far should I take this? If I leave negative feedback, he'll do the same. Is it worth it? What will Ebay do about it? I figure I dont have to send the check back, if he's worried about it he can stop payment. I wont cash it now because he told me to send it back and I dont want to be accused of theft or something.

All of this over $35

Kelly
'05 ZX-10R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 09-20-2006, 03:19 PM
MIA Post Whore

Posting Frequency

have a scanner? tear the check up or write void on it, scan it, and email him the image. Or just mail the check back. relist the parts and move on with life. not worth the all the drama. late payments/ non payments and PIA buyers/sellers are all over eBay.

2011 Ninja 1K street
2004 636 track
post #3 of 21 Old 09-20-2006, 03:57 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to zx7rydr
Quote:
Originally Posted by miykl
have a scanner? tear the check up or write void on it, scan it, and email him the image. Or just mail the check back. relist the parts and move on with life. not worth the all the drama. late payments/ non payments and PIA buyers/sellers are all over eBay.
:iamwithst move on...

CA green int. brake light, CA green front blinkers, APE manual cct, Kleen air mod (Ivan's), Jumper mod, Full Akrapovich Race exhaust, PC3, Factory Pro Velocity Stacks, Muzzys Alum. Rad. Fan, Factory Pro Shift Star kit, Competition Werks fender elim, Stealth Sprockets (-1, +2), D.I.D ERV3 X-Ring Gold Chain, Speedo Healer, GPR V4, Black/Black Pazzo "shorty" levers, 08 ZX6R Calipers, rockin the pilot powers, more to come...
post #4 of 21 Old 09-20-2006, 04:03 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to smalls23
well seeing that no one has taken a loss per-say. I would mail the check back and advise EBAY of the incident in case negative feedback is left. I know you did lose in terms of buyers but you are just going to have to take that one.

Or you could send him the parts to complete the transaction and he got what he bid on and you got the money, but dont send until after the check clears and advise him of such.
post #5 of 21 Old 09-20-2006, 06:03 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

E-bay wont do anything about it. If you want the neg feedback, which you will get from him if you leave it for him, then give him a neg. I would just send the check back to him. You could be cleaver and cash the check and tell him you will paypal the money back to him. At least it will cost him the 3% and 3 days to get his money back and force him to open a paypal acct so he doesn't have anymore "mail delay" problems.

green 10r, Akro EVO 2, Hyperpro rsc, tre, pcIII, Puig DB, K&N, Purvision HIDs, Speedohealer, GONE

08 Ducati Hypermotard S GONE

08 Kawi Concours 14, Area P full sys, PCV, Flies out
post #6 of 21 Old 09-20-2006, 06:11 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

I would just send the chex back and be done with this dead beat. One negative won't hurt you.

Rain. Whats is this Rain i keep hearing?.
post #7 of 21 Old 09-20-2006, 06:18 PM
MIA mod

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by miykl

Also, I'd send it registered-return receipt. That way he can't say he didn't receive it. Don't leave feedback unless you want negative feedback from him. Look at this way, you might sell the stuff for more when you relist. It's happened to me before.

Some days will stay a thousand years, some pass like the flash of a spark.
post #8 of 21 Old 09-20-2006, 07:06 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to zx7rydr
dude I would report this dude to ebay, leave him neg feedback, then cash the check and send his money back minus the cost to relist the item(s). ebay makes people well aware that winning bidders have entered into a legal contract to buy the item. So recovering the damages (relisting fees) shouldn't be out of the question.

CA green int. brake light, CA green front blinkers, APE manual cct, Kleen air mod (Ivan's), Jumper mod, Full Akrapovich Race exhaust, PC3, Factory Pro Velocity Stacks, Muzzys Alum. Rad. Fan, Factory Pro Shift Star kit, Competition Werks fender elim, Stealth Sprockets (-1, +2), D.I.D ERV3 X-Ring Gold Chain, Speedo Healer, GPR V4, Black/Black Pazzo "shorty" levers, 08 ZX6R Calipers, rockin the pilot powers, more to come...
post #9 of 21 Old 09-20-2006, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

zx7,

That's a pretty good idea. I dont want the negative, but I guess it's not a big deal. He's just pissing me off by insinuating that I did something wrong.

Kelly
'05 ZX-10R
post #10 of 21 Old 09-20-2006, 07:31 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Zixxer
zx7,

That's a pretty good idea. I dont want the negative, but I guess it's not a big deal. He's just pissing me off by insinuating that I did something wrong.
Wrong...you can dispute the ebay sale and Ebay will refund your ebay fees. It takes a week or so but they will credit you back if no merchandise was exchanged. Your better off just mailing the check back and do no feedback to save yours. The guy will mess with someone else in the future that doesn't care and get his neg feedback there...don't risk your rep for $35.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in