Ebay Item - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 10-11-2006, 07:21 AM Thread Starter
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to luckz88 Send a message via Yahoo to luckz88
Ebay Item

I bought an item off of Ebay a month ago. Still have not recieved the item. I have been emailing the seller several times asking for the trackign number and he won't send me it. He says that the item came back to him once and he asked for my addy again and I gave it to him. This was 2.5 weeks ago now. I am starting to get mad and running out of patience. Should I email the guy and ask him for the number today or by the end of the week or should I turn him in. Seriously, I have sold several stuff and bought several stuff on ebay and this is getting outa hand.

NESBA #88

Madness Racing wishes he could handle the power of a GSXR

All my homies left this site
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 10-11-2006, 07:30 AM
MIA mod

Posting Frequency

How is it being shipped? UPS/Fed-Ex it should not have come back to him ever. They generate a coding that makes it impossible not to be delivered unless it's destroyed so how would it make it's way back to him? USPS I can believe it might be returned, but the good thing about them is if this guy has not shipped and doesn't plan to, then it's mail fraud and USPS is a bulldog about that kind of thing. I'd try him one more time and warn him that if he doesn't provide a tracking number then by next Monday you will be taking it up with eBay. Remind him it's been a month. Be prepared for negative feedback. I would NOT mention mail fraud or anything that resembles a threat. Just ask him to provide shipping proof and give him a deadline.

Some days will stay a thousand years, some pass like the flash of a spark.
post #3 of 11 Old 10-11-2006, 07:32 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

I paid with paypal and he wont tell me how he is shipping it or anything....

NESBA #88

post #4 of 11 Old 10-11-2006, 07:39 AM
MIA mod

Posting Frequency

Report him to PayPal also. At least you should be able to get your money back. I won an item (no reserve) recently and when I went to pay for it the guy gives me a song and dance about how his kid destroyed it. Ok, it could happen. Next thing I know it's relisted with a reserve. Doesn't sell, so I contact him and question him about it. Ah....my wife had one also, so I'm selling it. What really happened was it went lower than he wanted it to so he LIED. Point is there is fraud all the time on eBay and you may be a victim. Like I suggested, give him a deadline. At least you'll be able to recover most of your money and if he does this too many times he'll loose PayPal and eBay accounts. Be sure to document the time line to both entities. You'll be dealing mostly with PayPal so when eBay tells you to take it up with them, don't think they're giving you the brush-off. Good luck it's a PITA, but you can't just let it go.

Some days will stay a thousand years, some pass like the flash of a spark.
post #5 of 11 Old 10-11-2006, 08:09 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

I would have to look back through policy but I am pretty sure you can only file a dispute within 30 days and they have like 30 days to respond or something like that meaning.....check out paypals policies if your 30 days is already up good luck to you i am not sure what ebays policies are if Paypals deadline is 30 days give him till the 29th day if no info from him file it with Paypal they will get your money back and possibly shut dont his Paypal account
post #6 of 11 Old 10-11-2006, 08:34 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

I started the process a few minutes ago. The more I thought about the madder I got. The seller had positive feedback and after this auction he has started to recieve negative.

Here is his screen name and real name:

Screen Name: extrarevenue

Paypal Resolution Center - Open a Dispute

We know that it's never pleasant to have a problem with a transaction. By opening a dispute in the Resolution Center, you can contact the seller, keep track of your communication, and resolve the problem as quickly as possible.

Most disputes can be resolved through communication and it's best to contact the seller as soon as you recognize a potential problem. You can open a dispute in the Resolution Center within 45 calendar days of payment.

If you're unable to resolve the dispute, you can ask PayPal to investigate by escalating the dispute to a claim. You must escalate to a claim within 20 calendar days of the date the dispute was opened.

NESBA #88

Last edited by luckz88; 10-11-2006 at 08:38 AM.
post #7 of 11 Old 10-11-2006, 08:57 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

E-bay is a joke, they have lost complete control over their transaction process. Buyer beware is their answer for everything.
post #8 of 11 Old 10-11-2006, 08:58 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

This is the first time that I have had a problem in years of ebay. I have been trying not to use ebay unless its a store thats selling stuff on their. Its hard to trust people anymore

NESBA #88

post #9 of 11 Old 10-11-2006, 09:35 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckz88
This is the first time that I have had a problem in years of ebay. I have been trying not to use ebay unless its a store thats selling stuff on their. Its hard to trust people anymore
I have never had a problem, but I have found myself also using the stores more lately instead of individuals. Too much grey market stuff on there.

He who dies with the most toys wins!
NESBA #24993
post #10 of 11 Old 10-11-2006, 10:03 AM
talker of shite

Posting Frequency

E-Bay are only concerned about the money they make from sellers & therefore don't give a toss about buyers. Example.. bought a phone recently & when it arrived it was not working so I opened a dispute via the resolution centre, their verdict... return the phone for a full refund (of the sale price of the phone) hang on , what about the cost of delivery & return? Why should I be out of pocket at all? & once the resolution centre has decided (in favour of the seller IMO) there's nothing you can do. E-Bay sucks:headshake Hope you get a better result than me Luckz !

Has anyone seen my marbles ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in