dumb iphone questions - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 02-02-2011, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

dumb iphone questions

I apologize in advance for sounding like an idiot, and for a post more than a couple lines long, but....

So i'm getting old or the tech stuff just never really took with me, so please forgive my ignorance. i recently bought a 3g iphone from a coworker who swithed to verizon. I'm pretty old school, been at&t customer for years, no praises, but little complaints, no contract, and no desire for one, and my old ass razor just gave up and this guy says he'll sell me his iphone for $75.00. That's what a cheapass go-phone cost, so i'm like if i can plug in my sim and call i'll do it. It works, drop in sim, import contacts, and i'm calling and able to text (hate texting, but have to sometimes). Also can use it for wifi but rarely find need to, but starting to think might as well try to at least download some music or maybe even an app or 2. So is this possible and what's the easiest way to do so? I tried the app store using wifi but it wants an apple login. Also can i download music from my computer or must i go thru itunes? If i do will at&t catch it and try to force me into a media package? I hate to sound like a cheapass, but it pisses me off i already pay them $90./mo for 2 phones and adding to it only makes it worse. Any advise? I actually did do some internet searches but didn't really find useful info, most said you couldn't even use an iphone without registering thru apple. Worst case is i still have a wifi capable phone with no contract for less than a new-old go-phone razor would cost, but for most of you tech-savvy members, how can i get the most out of this iphone for the least $$$? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-02-2011, 09:12 PM
Just trolling

Posting Frequency

you have to have a apple ID for apps even free ones but its not a big deal-no you can get music from anywhere- you just have to put it to itunes to put it on your phone, and 3 from what i hear if you buy a phone from someone and add it to your line they wont make u buy a data package but thats just what i hear- but becareful iPhone uses alot of data if your not careful what your using(app wise,Email) etc. welcome to the iPhone club!

Btw just to clarify having an apple ID is really nothing...All your doing is yeah registering the phone but it doesnt do anything but sign you up and you will have to put a CC on file just for purchases-but if you never buy an app youll never be charged :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout View Post
I'd change the oil in that...and all the time.
Panigale 1199S
post #3 of 4 Old 02-02-2011, 09:34 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

there is a program called copytrans. you can use it to put all the music on your iphone without itunes. the program doesnt cost any money if you want just music transfers. however, if you want photos and calendars and such you need to pay for that program. i just use the music part.

as for the apps, i suggest jailbreaking your iphone. take it to a non-brand name cell phone store and have them jailbreak it for you (10-30$) and then you can use cydia or a variety of other stores to get apps. most are free
post #4 of 4 Old 02-02-2011, 09:37 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

personally i feel like apple is not right about how you have to do everything from i tunes. that thing makes me go into an epileptic seizure. it always wants to mess my stuff up by synching.

oh and BTW, you can jail break it yourself. just check what firmware you have and google what to do for your firmware version
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in