dumb founded - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 08-10-2010, 03:00 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

dumb founded

just had to tell you all this. so i am driving my son around on the back of my 05 10r. he is 5yearsold and rides with me all the time he wears a helmet chest gaurd with elbow forarm gaurds and gloves. also he has his dirtbike shoes with knee and shin gaurds under his jeans.
so we are just rolling around when i hear a honk then yelling from behind us. and then it happend another zx-10r rider pulled up and started to tell me how crazy i am for leting him ride with me. i almost hit the guy with the hellmet that was strapped to his seat instead of his head also he is riding around in a t shirt shorts and sandels.
really i mean WTF is wrong with ppl. so i kind of want to know if anyone elss takes there kids for rides?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 08-10-2010, 05:11 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

When I was 5 I used to go for rides with my grandfather on his Goldwing. I wore an open face helmet jeans sneakers and a jacket. That was different times and a different bike. You've got him well protected, and as long as his feet can reach the pegs and his arms can get a good hold I don't see a problem IMHO

"The OX"
post #3 of 21 Old 08-10-2010, 06:40 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

5 is about the same age my girls started riding on my bike...and they loved it then and still do to this day. everybody who has a problem with it can [email protected] off
post #4 of 21 Old 08-10-2010, 07:53 AM
Of course you are faster

Posting Frequency

That's the same kind of stupidity that is seen when someone is on camera bitching about the nuclear power plant 10 miles away, while smoking unfiltered Camels.

I actually had one of those old "biker" jackets with the belt around the waist. I flipped the belt around backwards and buckled it in the back...

basically made a strap my kids could hold onto.

Plus they really seemed to like the TLR because the pillion seat us higher then the pilots seat. They could actually see over the top of me and get a real feel for the ride as opposed to looking at my back.

Need to know how to install your Rifleman's 1/5th throttle insert? click me
For more info on a sticky grip (not enough cable slack) click me
And another amazing install write up click this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
lol, once you go 1/5th... you NEVER go back
post #5 of 21 Old 08-10-2010, 08:12 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

My daughter starting riding with me at 3 1/2 my son started riding with me at 5.

My son is probably the best passenger you have ever seen - anticipates corners and hangs his ass off the bike (he was 14 the last time we rode together) and gets his body in position. My kids have always worn full gear.

When my little girl was 4-5 we would take her and she would sit in fron to of me against the tank - she always brought some sort of little toy and would play with them on the tank while we rode - we also talked quite a bit - she would rest her feet on top of mine. Many times she would just fall alseep and wake up 1/2 an hour later.

If you have nothing nice to say - "Shut the [email protected] up"
post #6 of 21 Old 08-10-2010, 09:09 AM
PJD
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Hey before the western world became safety obsessed, i am sure we all were on the back of bikes at a young age with only a small amount of gear on.....reason being it either belonged to our older brothers or dads and was always too big.

If you have a kid on the back your going to ride careful and not put them at risk.
Sure there is the factor of being hit by another vehicle but most situations can be totally avoided if you have any road sense what so ever.
When my little girl is old enough i know i will be taking her in to town on the bike...what little kid wouldn't want to go for a ride?

As for the people that don't like it...well they can just fuck right off.

Oh and get this a couple of months back, i was on a road trip with the wife and kid, my girl is 18 months. I was on my bike, fully geared up and a back pack. The wife was driving the car with the baby and stuff for the trip.
We stop in a country town for a bite to eat and a rest. I got my full leathers on sitting at a bench with the kid. The wife went off down the road to get something from the store.
While i'm holding the baby some Harleys pull up and take their gear off. One of the guys and his wife are looking at me and come over and ask how i am managing to ride and have the baby as a passenger.
I couldn't believe they thought i was carrying the kid with me, so i just told them that the baby is small enough to sit in the backpack and doesn't move around too much once the zips are done up....
The dude says "wow, that's amazing..his wife gave me a look of utter disgust.
They both left and sat on another bench. Every once in a while i would catch them looking at me, so i put the kid on the table and opened up my back pack and just sat her in it.
Then the wife turned up and i told her what was going on. She was laughing and i saw the couple realize they had been had....made me laugh i telll ya.

Last edited by PJD; 08-10-2010 at 09:19 AM.
post #7 of 21 Old 08-10-2010, 09:23 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I can remember being 4-6 and Riding wheelies with my dad while sitting on the tank on his rm250. Good times! Keep makin memories!
post #8 of 21 Old 08-10-2010, 09:33 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

PJD- Thats a funny story......
I too remember riding on the back of my dad's CB750 back when I was around 6.....

07' Blue ZX-10R Lowered, Fender Eliminator,PC3, TRE, Ivan's custom tune, Frame Sliders, Helibars and Racefit Growler...............
05' ZX-10R SOLD......
post #9 of 21 Old 08-10-2010, 10:37 AM
Still here

Posting Frequency

People suck. They have to get into everyone's business these days and tell them how to act. Yet, if you put him on a nice, safe horsey for a ride that would be fine. Just ask Christopher Reed...

Isn't one of the things we used to make fun of communism for was everyone being in everyone elses's business waiting to tell on them for something to gain favor with those in control?

Sarah Palin and friends can call it a snow machine all they want but Yamaha, Polaris and Bombardier plus the related magazines all seem to call them Snowmobiles.

Snow machines create snow on ski slopes. Just sayin'
post #10 of 21 Old 08-10-2010, 10:50 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I ride my 5 and 7 year old on the Harley Ultra but not on the 10 because they have started to fall asleep before and on the 10 there is nothing to help hold them on like the dresser.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in