ducati owners as well... - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 06-05-2007, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

ducati owners as well...

If you know anybody with a Ducati 748/996 series or have a Ducati yourself... I have some moto gp stuff for sale that I need to get rid of.. check it out. thanx.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ducat...spagenameZWDVW

VP fuel and me.. ..adds 5 hp..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-05-2007, 10:24 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

but how did you like the handling of the duc campared to the 10. I'm thinking about going back to a v-twin but was never fond of my TLR's handling.

kawazeppelin
post #3 of 6 Old 06-05-2007, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawazeppelin View Post
but how did you like the handling of the duc campared to the 10. I'm thinking about going back to a v-twin but was never fond of my TLR's handling.

kawazeppelin
I really miss my 996 and plan on buying a 1098 or the next thing they come out with.. it was a blast to ride and handled very nicely. It felt like I could do anything on that bike (great linear power). could it hang with my 10 on the track??? maybe?.. but I never did race it, just track days. I used to hang with '03-'04 gixxer 1k's at the track though.. the 10 feels bigger because it is but Im getting used to it.. it's starting to handle quite well itself.. that's why we buy those pretty ohlins/penske suspension products! I will put it this way.. my last years race bike was a '99 R1 with full Ohlins R&T forks, Ohlins rear shock, AP Racing rotors and calipers and brembo master... I ran 3 seconds faster this year on my 10 than I did on my R1 8 months ago at Mid America with only 3 race weekends under my belt on the 10... that's saying something.

post #4 of 6 Old 06-05-2007, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:

kawazeppelin
tlr's are pretty bulky.. it's all about setup for handling!

post #5 of 6 Old 06-06-2007, 12:26 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by racrx451 View Post
I really miss my 996 and plan on buying a 1098 or the next thing they come out with.. it was a blast to ride and handled very nicely. It felt like I could do anything on that bike (great linear power). could it hang with my 10 on the track??? maybe?.. but I never did race it, just track days. I used to hang with '03-'04 gixxer 1k's at the track though.. the 10 feels bigger because it is but Im getting used to it.. it's starting to handle quite well itself.. that's why we buy those pretty ohlins/penske suspension products! I will put it this way.. my last years race bike was a '99 R1 with full Ohlins R&T forks, Ohlins rear shock, AP Racing rotors and calipers and brembo master... I ran 3 seconds faster this year on my 10 than I did on my R1 8 months ago at Mid America with only 3 race weekends under my belt on the 10... that's saying something.
Thanks for the reply racrx. It's just an idea runnin through my head, but I think I'd have more fun on something with a little less power and I like the consistant pull of a v.
post #6 of 6 Old 06-06-2007, 01:01 AM
QED

Posting Frequency

Quote:

kawazeppelin

TLR, had one and loved it but you are right, it does not like to dive into a turn. I was wondering if I would like the change over to an in-line but I would have to say I'm not going back to a v-twin anytime soon To me the 10 is what a bike should be
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in