Democrats make significant gains - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 188 Old 11-07-2006, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider
 
sonnyboy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA
Posts: 696
Posting Frequency
 
Democrats make significant gains

Oh yeah!!!

Still early, so I don't want to start the celebration talk too soon. But the country looks like it finally woke up! Dang.. brings a tear to my eye to see that happen.

Lotsa interesting races still out there, but if you're blue, you're feelin pretty good right about now!

I got a nice bottle of some Alexander Valley red I have been savin for just such an occasion. The wife and I are gonna party!
sonnyboy11 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 188 Old 11-07-2006, 09:49 PM
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,196
Posting Frequency
 
Don't get too happy, I didn't vote for the Demokraps, I voted against the Republicans.
swjohnsey is offline  
post #3 of 188 Old 11-07-2006, 09:54 PM
Track Day Rider
 
briscobrad11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 171
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by swjohnsey
Don't get too happy, I didn't vote for the Demokraps, I voted against the Republicans.
I do believe that is pretty much how it is. Give me the rights that an illegal has and I will be a very happy guy
briscobrad11 is offline  
post #4 of 188 Old 11-07-2006, 10:11 PM
I bleed Green!
 
whispering smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Orlando, Fl
Posts: 2,612
Posting Frequency
Images: 21
       
Counting chickens befor they hatch.

Riseing Sun 2000 ZX-6R
Green 2004 ZX-6R 636
Every day is a new beginning.
www.stealeyconstruction.net
whispering smith is offline  
post #5 of 188 Old 11-07-2006, 10:18 PM
Bloo Moderator
 
bluedevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SAC,CA
Posts: 23,742
Posting Frequency
Images: 3
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by whispering smith
Counting chickens befor they hatch.
...the Senate is key and that could go either way.
bluedevil is offline  
post #6 of 188 Old 11-07-2006, 11:13 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider
 
sonnyboy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA
Posts: 696
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil
...the Senate is key and that could go either way.
Wishful thinking really. The Senate will end up a deadlock and the House is solid Dem. There is gonna start to be a lot of oversight on Bush Co's initiatives and especially Iraq. Congress is no longer a rubber stamp for George Bush. And that's a fact after tonight!
sonnyboy11 is offline  
post #7 of 188 Old 11-07-2006, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider
 
sonnyboy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA
Posts: 696
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by swjohnsey
Don't get too happy, I didn't vote for the Demokraps, I voted against the Republicans.
I don't care how you came over, dude, just the fact that you came over is good enough for me- welcome! We actually hold our people responsible for their actions occasionally. And not everything gets a blind seal of approval just because it toes the party line (like it does for many Bush supporters). In fact, I did NOT vote all Dem today. Hardly ever do. But it was great to see the rest of the country stand up to the lack of checks and balances in the system and that's exactly what you did. Nice job.
sonnyboy11 is offline  
post #8 of 188 Old 11-07-2006, 11:20 PM
Bloo Moderator
 
bluedevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SAC,CA
Posts: 23,742
Posting Frequency
Images: 3
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyboy11
Wishful thinking really. The Senate will end up a deadlock and the House is solid Dem. There is gonna start to be a lot of oversight on Bush Co's initiatives and especially Iraq. Congress is no longer a rubber stamp for George Bush. And that's a fact after tonight!
just like a fact when Bush almost lost the Pres. election and democrats starting counting Chads...take it easy...I will accept any outcome but you want an outcome right now..that is the diff. between us.
bluedevil is offline  
post #9 of 188 Old 11-07-2006, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider
 
sonnyboy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA
Posts: 696
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil
just like a fact when Bush almost lost the Pres. election and democrats starting counting Chads...take it easy...I will accept any outcome but you want an outcome right now..that is the diff. between us.
There are lots of differences between us, but I am not as impatient as you say. These things take time. Even once the election is all settled out there is still much to be done. I am just celebratin a bit is all. Geez, I had to put up with Repubs dancing in the streets in 04, so I get this moment. Oh YEAAS I DO!
sonnyboy11 is offline  
post #10 of 188 Old 11-07-2006, 11:29 PM
GP Rider
 
AK10R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Fairbanks, Alaska
Posts: 1,226
Posting Frequency
      
I can understand your excitement... The new speaker has a clear voting record as to how her party wants our country to be.....

Pelosi's voting record is frightening. From Newt Gingrich at Human Events Online by way of Beth at My Vast Right Wing Conspiracy:

* NO on the Border Security Bill; (Everyone is welcome, America will pay for your welfare, medical ect.)
* NO on making the Republican tax cuts permanent; A family of four making $50,000 now pay about $1,300 in fed tax, W/O the tax cuts they will pay about $3,300.
* NO on eliminating the marriage penalty, you and your wife may enjoy paying more in taxs than you would if you were not married... do you want more taxes??
* NO on eliminating the death tax; the goverment should redistribute your inheritance
* NO on creating Health Savings Accounts (more to pay in taxes)
* NO on the Defense of Marriage Act
* NO on the 1996 Welfare Reform Law (and NO on its reauthorization)
* NO on protecting the Pledge of Allegiance; I know that "under God" bugs the crap out of you.
* NO on banning partial-birth abortion; do you applaud the idea that in the third trimester that you can place a baby in the mothers birth canal to where the babys head is about to come out then shove a metal rod into the babys head scramble its brains and then suck them out..... killing the baby. Hey thats worth a bottle of wine buy itself!
* NO on requiring a photo I.D. to ensure only legal voters vote, this is a big part of your base.
* NO on the Patriot Act
* NO on authorizing domestic tracking of terrorists
* NO on military tribunals and new interrogation rules for terrorist detainees; ya give them the same rights as americans....

You enjoy your bottle of wine and make sure you toast each one of Pelosi's votes and where you want the country to go. I use to think of you as a deep thinker..... now you just spew crap (your last thread) of hate!

Eschew Obfuscation

Last edited by AK10R; 11-07-2006 at 11:33 PM.
AK10R is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to make a TRE? ZX10C2 Performance and Tech 54 02-16-2016 10:12 AM
Camshaft question on hp gains? conspiracy Performance and Tech 18 06-10-2007 03:33 PM
Republicans vote on Tuesday, Democrats on Wednesday AK10R The Out House 19 11-07-2006 09:16 PM
WoW! This would make her say yes! maze The Out House 14 04-19-2006 09:14 PM
Anyone know if they make these..... GreenMachine666 Performance and Tech 5 01-26-2006 07:50 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome