Dark Knight Rises Disappointment: Contains Spoilers! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 07-24-2012, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Dark Knight Rises Disappointment: Contains Spoilers!

Hey guys,

Anyone else disappointed with this movie? I was really pumped on the intellectual twist that Bane portrayed in this movie instead of just being a huge rage monster. Although, I was super ticked that there was nothing in this movie about Bane's venom. I, like most, thought that the mask ventilated venom into his lungs constantly giving him constant power, but it didn't. I still don't fully understand the masks purpose. Something about keeping him from pain and alive? I dk. He wooped the crap out of Batman in the first fight and was obviously stronger, but then a few pushups and pullups later Batman is equally strong?? And either Batman should've killed Bane or Bane should've killed Batman, but no. Instead Cat Woman shoots and kills Bane; LAME! And how did Batman survive an atom bomb that destroys a 6 mile radius? They should have just killed him off, but he somehow miraculously survives an atom bomb blast.

Buncha bull!

Strictly for the GEN2's Sporting the undertail with pride!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 07-24-2012, 01:08 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

thanks for giving up the whole movie to people who didn't watch it yet lol ...

and i personally liked the movie a lot
post #3 of 21 Old 07-24-2012, 01:11 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdawg123 View Post
Hey guys,

Anyone else disappointed with this movie? I was really pumped on the intellectual twist that Bane portrayed in this movie instead of just being a huge rage monster. Although, I was super ticked that there was nothing in this movie about Bane's venom. I, like most, thought that the mask ventilated venom into his lungs constantly giving him constant power, but it didn't. I still don't fully understand the masks purpose. Something about keeping him from pain and alive? I dk. He wooped the crap out of Batman in the first fight and was obviously stronger, but then a few pushups and pullups later Batman is equally strong?? And either Batman should've killed Bane or Bane should've killed Batman, but no. Instead Cat Woman shoots and kills Bane; LAME! And how did Batman survive an atom bomb that destroys a 6 mile radius? They should have just killed him off, but he somehow miraculously survives an atom bomb blast.

Buncha bull!

If you thought that was Bull then don't watch ANY super hero movies lol. They are usually not very realistic.

@SUPRAMAN42

post #4 of 21 Old 07-24-2012, 01:14 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Seriously, put spoiler in the title. AND I really liked it too.

Spoiler!

Wendy Peffercorn...
post #5 of 21 Old 07-24-2012, 01:16 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdawg123 View Post
And how did Batman survive an atom bomb that destroys a 6 mile radius? They should have just killed him off, but he somehow miraculously survives an atom bomb blast.
Uh.... you apparently missed the part where he got the autopilot functioning, which you could see coming the entire movie. It is left for the viewer to assume he bailed before the bomb went off.

Also, there was more than just push-ups involved in defeating Bane. Batman went through an entire state-of-mind change, and learned to fear death again and use it to help him when in the pit.

I personally loved it. Only complaint I could have was the predictability of the movie.
post #6 of 21 Old 07-24-2012, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMEJATT View Post
thanks for giving up the whole movie to people who didn't watch it yet lol ...

and i personally liked the movie a lot
Quote:
Originally Posted by hs1113 View Post
Seriously, put spoiler in the title. AND I really liked it too.

Spoiler!
Uh... "Dark Knight Rises Disappointment: Contains Spoilers!" Says spoilers right in the title...

post #7 of 21 Old 07-24-2012, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagger View Post
Uh.... you apparently missed the part where he got the autopilot functioning, which you could see coming the entire movie. It is left for the viewer to assume he bailed before the bomb went off.

Also, there was more than just push-ups involved in defeating Bane. Batman went through an entire state-of-mind change, and learned to fear death again and use it to help him when in the pit.

I personally loved it. Only complaint I could have was the predictability of the movie.
I didn't miss the auto pilot part and I realize that it's left to the viewer to figure out that he survived, but he obviously didn't eject for a good long while after leaving the city.

And yes, Batman went through a whole mind change, I know. There's still no way he should be equally as powerful as Bane.

post #8 of 21 Old 07-24-2012, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

OK, yes, the movie was good and if I wasn't into comics when I was younger, then I would have thoroughly enjoyed it. BUT, I was into comics and yes I realize that movies tend to stray away from the comic storyline, which is why I was stoked to see that Bane wasn't just a mindless monster in the movie. The Intellectual twist and fighting skills given to Bane were a great additive. BUT, Bane's whole existence in the comics is due to the venom that is injected into him giving him super human strength and size. This movie said nothing about the venom and it's safe to say that Bane didn't even have any kind of venom in him; he was just a really strong badass.

All I'm saying is that I wish the directors would have included the venom in Bane's character. I loved him being smart; loved him being a badass fighter; loved his evil non-caring attitude; but when I think of Bane, I think of a super steroid and this movie had nothing in reference to it.

No one has still told me the purpose of the mask. From what I understand, after Bane was beaten saving the girl, the mask was used to relieve his pain and rebuild his strength. It looks like he would die without it because once Batman breaks it, Bane gets frantic and looks like he's about to die until the girl fixes it for him after stabbing Bats.

post #9 of 21 Old 07-24-2012, 02:25 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I thought it was good overall.

He also has a motorcycle with what looked like a 300 tire and what looks like a car engine on it and rode it every bit of 30 mph.

@SUPRAMAN42

post #10 of 21 Old 07-24-2012, 02:48 PM
Judge Dredd Mod

Posting Frequency

Thought it was good in the fight scenes, but slowed to a crawl and drug through everything else. Good movie overall but Avengers was better. Always thought Bane was a second tier baddie, and a henchman for somone else, as he was in the movie.

BURNOUT.....
Attitudes are contagious. Mine might kill you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in