I do a few things, and I do live in SoCal.
1. makes sure I aim for the sensor and fully roll over it
2. roll further forward so a car behind me keeps rolling forward and triggers it
3. put the sidestand down on the sensor
4. right turn-u turn-right turn
5. hit the pedestrian crosswalk button
6. fuck it and go
if it were to get bad enough along a route a traveled usually, I would get one of the red light buddies that HellsRazor was talking about.
08 ZX6R Radial M/C ZG Sport Touring Windscreen CBR600RR Calipers BMC Street Filter
GP Shift Pattern DIY Mod Fender Eliminator Kit 16/44 Gearing Euro Flushmount Signals
Gauge Cluster Color DIY ModSoupy's Fully Adjustable Lowering Links HEL Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines