Damn hillbilly Ford drivin SOBs (long vent) - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 05-30-2007, 03:26 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to Bigtuna660
Damn hillbilly Ford drivin SOBs (long vent)

So it was a real nice night tonight. About mid to upper 60's, nice and warm for an evening and perfect to go for a ride. I ask my girl and she said she would like to go for a quick cruise and we suit up and take off. We get maybe a mile or two outta town and I notice the vehicle behind us is following a little too close for my comfort. I don't speed up or try to lose him, I just keep my pace and keep going. He falls back a bit through a few corners but when we hit the straights he is right behind me again. We are cruising at about 70ish so I slow down a bit, bt he doesn't pass. So finally I pull over and let him by. As he passes we get back on the road and keep goin. Well now this idiot is going about 25mph and is half way off the road. I'm thinkin WTF?! So I go to pass him since he doesn't have a clue what he's doin. As I am getting ready to go around he stomps on it like he wants to race. So i slow down and just back off. He sticks his arm out, waving me up so I go, then he revs up again trying to race me! So I just get behind him and stay there. He waves his arm like "C'mon dude, lets see what ya got. Why won't ya race me?" So now this fucker won't go over 30, all the while waving me up to him. I finally just pull over and stop. He slows down again but keeps goin. I wait till he's outta sight and ask my girl what she wants to do. She says she just wants to turn around and go back, so I do. We took the scenic way so we could still salvage a bit of our ride, but that guy pissed me off! What is wrong with these people? I had my girl and it was gettin dark and the roads aren't that great. Who are these backroad hillbillies? Do they really think we are dumb enough to race with a passenger on? Ugh. I just needed to vent. What do you guys do with these people? If I was by myself I probably woulda left him listening to the sweet music of two-brothers at 9-10grand.

-Brandon

06 ZX-10R
04 Raptor 660
98 CR250

"A wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 05-30-2007, 03:39 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

They are a pain in the arse. I take it pretty easy with my missus on the back, but yeah, solo it would be more like seeya later and gone

Bill - GI Pro, Hindle slip on, Smoked screen, ZX14 brakes.... Well, you feel lucky, punk? You shouldn't, this is a 10R
post #3 of 19 Old 05-30-2007, 07:23 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to Grease
I agree. Most people that have never ridden before don't understand the intricacies’ of riding, riding with a passenger, let alone the responsibility of riding with a passenger.

Congrats BigTuna for keeping your wits about you and not letting them goad you into something that got you and your lady killed. You show great maturity from what I have seen of other younger 20-somethings.

As far as a solo ride... I think you two have said it all! on leaving him!

Bikes: '88 EX250 (sold), '86 Nighthawk S (sold), '03 ZX7R (R.I.P.s), '07 ZX10R (sold)

I don't like repeat offenders; I like dead offenders.
My idea of 'gun control' is putting as many bullets as I can into the same hole.

- Ted Nugent
Iím all for gun control, I just define it a little differently. If you can put 2 rounds into the same hole from 25 meters, thatís gun control!
- Jesse Ventura
God gave man a brain and a penis, but only enough blood to run one at a time. - Stephen E. Ambrose

Last edited by Grease; 05-30-2007 at 07:26 AM.
post #4 of 19 Old 05-30-2007, 07:52 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Might be a good time to rent the movie "Easy Rider" for a review of the dangers of messing around with rednecks in pickups while riding a bike. Some lessons are timeless.
post #5 of 19 Old 05-30-2007, 08:05 AM
MIA mod

Posting Frequency

Sounds like you did the right thing all the way home and safe.

Some days will stay a thousand years, some pass like the flash of a spark.
post #6 of 19 Old 05-30-2007, 08:10 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

The a-hole was probably fondling himself while checking out your girls rear. pervert.

~SeaTec
post #7 of 19 Old 05-30-2007, 08:38 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by seatec View Post
The a-hole was probably fondling himself while checking out your girls rear. pervert.

Nah, you did the right thing.

If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is.
post #8 of 19 Old 05-30-2007, 09:31 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

for riding smart with a passenger. For the tool in the cage:

2006 Black ZX-10(Sato rearsets, Akra slip-ons, PCIII USB)
post #9 of 19 Old 05-30-2007, 09:37 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

cudos on using your head!!!! a-holes do it all the time they feel safer in their own 4 wheels, you made it home that,s what the ride is about!!!! going home

now ya see me ----now ya don't
post #10 of 19 Old 05-30-2007, 10:01 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

another instance to give up street riding for good and just do the track. I encounter idiots everyday on my bicycle.People just don't get it. They ride motorcycles as well as drive cages go figure. Funny how the world sucks when you have to share it with others?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in