Dammit. I may need a new bike now - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 06-03-2012, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Dammit. I may need a new bike now

I took the bike up the canyon today to try out the new tires and was moving along at a good clip for me. I was feeling good and this dude on a super moto screams by me like nothing. I think it was a Yamaha.

Now I want one.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 06-03-2012, 04:47 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

my question is, do you love your bike? the way it rides? the way it feels? do you get that stupid smirk on your face when you look at it? Thats how I feel about mine. Doesnt matter that its not the fastest. There is always someone faster out there. Dont worry about that because youll drive yourself crazy trying to. Be happy with what you have, and remember that a big part of it is your abilities. You might be good, and Im not saying that youre not, but who knows what the other guys skill level was either.

I say let him turn, then rail his ass on the straight when you hit the throttle

08 ZX6R Radial M/C ZG Sport Touring Windscreen CBR600RR Calipers BMC Street Filter
GP Shift Pattern DIY Mod Fender Eliminator Kit 16/44 Gearing Euro Flushmount Signals
Gauge Cluster Color DIY ModSoupy's Fully Adjustable Lowering Links HEL Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
post #3 of 23 Old 06-03-2012, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Op- View Post
my question is, do you love your bike? the way it rides? the way it feels? do you get that stupid smirk on your face when you look at it? Thats how I feel about mine. Doesnt matter that its not the fastest. There is always someone faster out there. Dont worry about that because youll drive yourself crazy trying to. Be happy with what you have, and remember that a big part of it is your abilities. You might be good, and Im not saying that youre not, but who knows what the other guys skill level was either.

I say let him turn, then rail his ass on the straight when you hit the throttle

Don't get me wrong I love my bike and would never get rid of it. That just looked fun. I was thinking more of adding one.

post #4 of 23 Old 06-03-2012, 04:54 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

lol fugg it! get one. if you can afford it, I say enjoy yourself. I know I cant afford to get a second bike but would love it. if you want it, do what makes you happy because life is short. live it up!

08 ZX6R Radial M/C ZG Sport Touring Windscreen CBR600RR Calipers BMC Street Filter
GP Shift Pattern DIY Mod Fender Eliminator Kit 16/44 Gearing Euro Flushmount Signals
Gauge Cluster Color DIY ModSoupy's Fully Adjustable Lowering Links HEL Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
post #5 of 23 Old 06-03-2012, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Op- View Post
lol fugg it! get one. if you can afford it, I say enjoy yourself. I know I cant afford to get a second bike but would love it. if you want it, do what makes you happy because life is short. live it up!
It's gonna have to wait. Lol. I never realized how nimble those things were. Talk about flickable.

post #6 of 23 Old 06-03-2012, 05:06 PM
Does not drive into smoke

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fastlx View Post
[...] and this dude on a super moto screams by me like nothing.
Maybe he was going in the other direction?
post #7 of 23 Old 06-03-2012, 05:06 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Ive never ridden one to know. Only had sportbikes throughout my life. Still sounds pretty awesome.

post #8 of 23 Old 06-03-2012, 06:32 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

The only super motard that Yamaha makes that I know of is the WRF 450. It's essentially the same as a YZF 450 with lights, electric start, battery etc. thereby making it heavier and slower than a YZF 450. I had a YZF 450 and that bike was way harder to ride fast around canyon roads than my ZX10. The dude was probably just a really legit rider and super comfortable on his bike. My advice if you want an offload capable bike is to get a straight dirt bike for off road and use the ZX10 for on road use. If you can't go fast through corners on you're ZX10 you definitely won't be able to on a super motard.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
post #9 of 23 Old 06-03-2012, 07:18 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fastlx View Post
Don't get me wrong I love my bike and would never get rid of it. That just looked fun. I was thinking more of adding one.

I say go for it man. They are a total blast. You can find some reasonably priced or buy a clean 450 and convert it. Although the latter is a tougher option if you want to actually title/tag one. It is alot easier to find a suzuki drz400sm for a fair price. Those are great bikes. Not ideal for long or highway rides, but will definately eat your ninja on a tight backroad. Look out also for the older ktm dukes. They're a little more streetable than the converted mx'ers. And did i mention true power wheelies at the flick of a wrist?

I've ridden a few, (a husky, duke, suzuki sm, and a converted yzf). I'd love to have one but i have a triumph speed triple and it kind of gives me the best of both worlds, dirtbike ergos, sportbike performance. If i didn't have it, i'd love to have a motard.

Last edited by hayden41; 06-03-2012 at 07:27 PM.
post #10 of 23 Old 06-03-2012, 08:26 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

maybe its a rider issue and not the bike

will i know when its finally done?
this whole life's a hallucination.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in