crap talker - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 Old 07-30-2004, 07:50 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

crap talker

hey guys i know this guy up here that seems to talk alot of crap.He claims to have a 250 moto gp two stroke racing bike that runs on fuel injection and costs 25k.He also says he is rated number 3 in the state of michigan.I find this hard to believe since he works at walmart in the garage section and doesn't have a road bike of his own he borrows a friends all the time.I tried searching the net for stats but i found nothing and the site i did find didn't even mention him.What do you guys think?Anyway to find out if he is blowing smoke or is for real?But i do have to say he totally loves my bike always bragging it up kinda funny actually. :D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 Old 07-30-2004, 08:03 AM

Posting Frequency

goto the next race meeting and see. 8-)
post #3 of 40 Old 07-30-2004, 08:06 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

i would but the track is over in grand rapids and it's about 3-4 hrs from here don't really feel like going that far to come all the way back.Figured if he really is 3rd in the state shouldn't it be posted somewhere?
post #4 of 40 Old 07-30-2004, 08:09 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I'd wait till group of people standing around when he starts running his head then start asking him what times he's posted a various tracks in Michigan, who sponsors him, what brand gear he wears, who is in his crew, who is his crew chief, etc. Then when he stammers and studders call [smilie=b:

Hell yeah it's fast..........DUMBASS!

CMRA Novice #921
Chaos Racing BBE #78
post #5 of 40 Old 07-30-2004, 08:12 AM

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottymizt
i would but the track is over in grand rapids and it's about 3-4 hrs from here don't really feel like going that far to come all the way back.Figured if he really is 3rd in the state shouldn't it be posted somewhere?
good excuse for a ride :D
but you could ask to see his bike because you are interested in getting some ideas, your thinking about racing in the same sort of class. :D
post #6 of 40 Old 07-30-2004, 08:13 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

lol get this he has no sponsors has no crew as far as i know does it all him self.BUt that is a good idea i'll ask about times and stuff next time i hear him talking shit.He rides with his racing jacket on,He always claims he can take this nice corner over here at 150mph we went around it last night he went flying by like he was gonna go fast around it and we saw brake lites, stopped after the curve and he says man something got in my eye [smilie=b:
post #7 of 40 Old 07-30-2004, 08:15 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Maybe he's talking about the pocket bike circuit! [smilie=m:

Hell yeah it's fast..........DUMBASS!

CMRA Novice #921
Chaos Racing BBE #78
post #8 of 40 Old 07-30-2004, 08:18 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

lol no he said a 250gp bike unless they make a 250 pocket rocket [smilie=b: The last time i talked to him he said that he had like 5 bikes but they are all at home and torn apart cuz he is fixing them up [smilie=b: You hate to call his bluff if he is telling the truth but i think it's highly unlikely.
post #9 of 40 Old 07-30-2004, 09:34 AM
Supercharged Mod

Posting Frequency

The story is not as implausible as you make it out to be and it's VERY easy to find out if he's for real or talking BS.

A good many roadracers don't have street bikes.

If you're saying he races at a track near Grand Rapids, that would either be Grattan or Gingerman (both of which I've been to).

If that's where he's racing then the two most likely sanctioning bodies are WERA www.wera.com or CCS, don't remember their website.

If he's as good as he says he is, then he will be in the points standings, and this is very easy to verify provided you know his name.

It is not unreasonable for a fairly new, proper 250 Grand Prix bike with a few spare parts to cost $25K. It is not unreasonable for 250 GP riders to have one helluva lot of spare parts, those bikes need a minor overhaul every weekend. The "fuel injection" part is wrong (none of them have it), but I don't know if that's him telling you something wrong or you remembering something wrong. Perhaps he has a job at Wal-Mart and is spending daddy's money ... this has happened many times before.

Helibars, MRA screen, Ohlins damper, reversed shift pattern, sorted suspension, braided lines, Michelin Pilot Power, all else stock 'coz it's fast enough!
post #10 of 40 Old 07-30-2004, 10:34 AM

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottymizt
lol no he said a 250gp bike unless they make a 250 pocket rocket [smilie=b: The last time i talked to him he said that he had like 5 bikes but they are all at home and torn apart cuz he is fixing them up [smilie=b: You hate to call his bluff if he is telling the truth but i think it's highly unlikely.
Maybe he's 3rd in the state for changing tires at Walmart. I would be more impressed with that title.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in