Car review...anyone own a... - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 08-31-2012, 09:29 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

"wonder what kind of bike was it, was it one of those ninjas, i see them holling ass all the time."

Visit my profile & you'll get friend'd...

Last edited by Screw it_I'll say it>>>; 11-16-2012 at 05:30 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 08-31-2012, 09:33 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Ford: relatively easy to work on. parts are probably cheaper (provided you're in the US)

VW: based on my experience...the exact opposite of the above.

i gotz a moturbike. it sounds like dis.....WWWAAHHHHHHHHH. WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. WAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH. WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. WAHHHHHHHHHHHH.
post #3 of 12 Old 08-31-2012, 09:50 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Fusion made the most reliable car list. On the downside to that, I rented one two weeks ago, the smart key got wet and the car did not start. I ended up getting it towed to enterprise and they gave me a Chyrsler 200 but I did like the Fusion.
CC is a real looker but the lack of the 5th seat turned me off. My bud has the 1.8T and he loves it, Ive never seen that car dirty!

Candy Burnt Orange
Pazzo Levers Black w/gold buttons, Hotbodies windscreen, smoked lights, BMC filter, Akro Mid pipe, Hotbodies MGP Exhaust, Solo cowl, PCV w/racefit tune, awaiting dyno tune, 6k HIDs, Butterflies removed, Clear alternatives smoked taillight
U.S. Army Vet

2009 Monster Ed. ZX6R track bike!!!
Hotbodies track bodywork, Two Bros Slip on, butterflies removed.

OBAMA FOR ANOTHER FOUR!!!
post #4 of 12 Old 08-31-2012, 10:17 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I have a 2012 Fusion Sport in metallic white. Great car with 265hp. Leather seats are not "sporty" but are comfy. 26mpg on the highway is what I calculated on the last long trip i took. Susp is just ok. Its great for daily driving but understeer is there for sure. I also have an 09 civic 4dr with si sway bars front/rear, it turns 20x better that the fusion. The Fusion is a nice daily tho. I traded in a 05 Altima SER for it and feel that it is on par with it.

Dislikes:
wheel gap on the front is excessive
MPG isnt that great
UNDERSTEER

looks great
killer stereo
met white is the shiznit
6spd auto shifts great and runs up to redline in all gears

Last edited by Walter; 08-31-2012 at 10:20 AM.
post #5 of 12 Old 08-31-2012, 11:23 AM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Well, if the the CC is anything like the Jetta I have, I'd steer clear of that. The car drives well, but the quality has gone to shit over the last several years IMO. The 2005 Jetta I have has numerous quality issues with the interior and wouldn't buy another VW because of it. They are expensive to maintain and a PITA to work on. My $.02.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #6 of 12 Old 08-31-2012, 11:29 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex888 View Post
Ford: relatively easy to work on. parts are probably cheaper (provided you're in the US)

VW: based on my experience...the exact opposite of the above.
if your even close to thrifty, parts can be had for the VWs cheap. they too are made in america. vw/audi are easier to work on. people are just too scared. ive owned 2 s4s, 4 a8s, a passat, and an a6 oh yea and 2 a4s an avant and a sedan. every thing is modular. yea it looks crazy to do a timing belt because the whole front end of the car comes off. but its like 6 bolts (bumper and rad support) then you just pull the radiator and your golden t belt took me 3 and a half hours on my a4 and it looked destroyed. ford is an awesome brand dont get me wrong, im just saying.
post #7 of 12 Old 08-31-2012, 11:37 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

back on topic.

my experience with anything German is mechanically they are awesome but, the first and probably the only thing youll battle (IF YOU KEEP UP ON MAINTENANCE) is electrical.. they seem to have some goofy wiring and sometimes things will work and sometimes they wont. its only secondary equipment though ie seat heaters, fog lights(one will be on one wont) stuff like that. maintenance is the most important thing to euro vehicles. people put it off and they wonder why they break. my s4s were the biggest maintenance queens. if your getting a CC dont get anything but the 2.0t

good luck with whatever you choose
post #8 of 12 Old 08-31-2012, 07:50 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

All I know is the VW 1.8t motor was the biggest pile of oil leaking shit out of any vehicle I have ever owned, and I have owned many. Don't even get me started on the tiptronic tranny.
post #9 of 12 Old 08-31-2012, 08:10 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsurosisx View Post
All I know is the VW 1.8t motor was the biggest pile of oil leaking shit out of any vehicle I have ever owned, and I have owned many. Don't even get me started on the tiptronic tranny.
Then you sir got a raped one. Run just fine with proper maintenance. I've seen my fair share of ones that haven't been taken care of. Plus they don't even make it anymore. Can't judge a car based on old cars. Not even close to the same thing. Its like saying a gen 1 must handle like a 4th gen. As homies would say "THAT'S IGNANT"

Last edited by jdub669; 08-31-2012 at 08:18 PM.
post #10 of 12 Old 08-31-2012, 08:11 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
I worked as a VW tech for years, they do have some issues for sure. If your going to keep it after warranty is up I wouldn't buy one. Electrical gremlins and poor workmanship are very common. Damn cool looking cars and fun to drive when new but as the squeaks and rattles show up after the first year or so it kinda gets old real fast.... Oh yeh get used to staring at the check engine light, I will always be on!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in