car question - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 03-28-2008, 06:01 AM Thread Starter
Just trolling

Posting Frequency

car question

i ended up getting a black 08 g6 love the look and is rated to get 22MPG city/30 highway..it was brand new 2 miles on the clock now im curious im sure alot of people ave these i got the v4 for gas and cldnt beat the deal they gave me on it but its only showing an average of 15.3 MPG on the info box. im curious as ive never bought a new car, w/ it being new is the MPG gunnna be a lil low till break in or anything like that? or is it really htat low and they jack up the number that much on the sticker..?:headshake

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout View Post
I'd change the oil in that...and all the time.
Panigale 1199S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-28-2008, 06:24 AM
Postwhore with an 04

Posting Frequency

Most the time the gas mileage readouts are averages and since the car hasn't been driven it is going to be low. Also gas mileage does have a tendency to improve after you get some miles on a car.
post #3 of 7 Old 03-28-2008, 07:40 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow10r View Post
i ended up getting a black 08 g6 love the look and is rated to get 22MPG city/30 highway..it was brand new 2 miles on the clock now im curious im sure alot of people ave these i got the v4 for gas and cldnt beat the deal they gave me on it but its only showing an average of 15.3 MPG on the info box. im curious as ive never bought a new car, w/ it being new is the MPG gunnna be a lil low till break in or anything like that? or is it really htat low and they jack up the number that much on the sticker..?:headshake
the info box calculates mpg even if your at a stop light/stuck in traffic... so it would give you a lower mpg... but if you would take a road trip it make be accurate...

2008 Ninja Zx-10R

2005 GSXR 600 track bike
#637 NESBA

08 GSXR 600
post #4 of 7 Old 03-28-2008, 10:36 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

it will get a bit better as the motor breaks in. there is generally a 3000 mile break in on a motor. i know with my tacoma which i bought new it got a lot more powerful feeling around the 5000 mile mark, and the gas mileage was getting better all the time until abut that 5k mark. keep in mind that 15 is the average, which is gonna be terrible until you get on the freeway even a little. i know with the lexus i had, when i filled up and started drving it would say like 12 until i cruised for a few then itd go way up.
post #5 of 7 Old 03-28-2008, 10:38 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

dont worry bout it bud it'll come up a nit the epa rating syatem they use to get the numbers on the msrp sticker just got updated to be more realistic and if you drive sensibly it is pretty accuratee in most cases

If you haven't gone down yet, you ain't ridin hard enough!!!
post #6 of 7 Old 03-28-2008, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
Just trolling

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by firerescue212 View Post
dont worry bout it bud it'll come up a nit the epa rating syatem they use to get the numbers on the msrp sticker just got updated to be more realistic and if you drive sensibly it is pretty accuratee in most cases
yeah thats good to hear one of the reasons i got it was for the gas and i can see 20/19 city and surely they cant jump it up 5/6/7 mpg on the sticker! and i drive very sensible dont accelerate hard off lights so

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout View Post
I'd change the oil in that...and all the time.
Panigale 1199S
post #7 of 7 Old 03-28-2008, 11:26 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc5rn View Post
the info box calculates mpg even if your at a stop light/stuck in traffic... so it would give you a lower mpg... but if you would take a road trip it make be accurate...

try going downhill and letting off the gas, that will boost your mpg... but dont look at it when your going up that hill

congrats on the new car by the way... they are pretty slick looking
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in