Calling all nissan heads!!! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 11-01-2010, 04:04 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Calling all nissan heads!!!

I got some ideas for my nissan nx2000.

Instead of tradition sr20 bluebird or whatever swap, I was thinking throw a vq35de (350z motor) in this bish. flip the motor around and put a front wheel drive altima tranny on it.

Now I know for sure it will be a butthole tight fit (prolly gonna be a lotta cutting) , but what do you guys think of this?? It's been done on b14s,b15s, (newer sentras) before and there is currently a guy doing this on a b13 (my generation) 94 sentra.

Any thoughts or concerns? This is gonna be some big bux, but it will make you skeet your pants.

Keep honking, I'm reloading

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 11-01-2010, 09:22 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

that would be pretty cool. I don't know a lot about motor swaps but I have looked in the motor bay of a couple different 350Z car's and you are going to have a hell of a time getting that motor in the nx2000. The Z has a pretty big engine compartment and its crammed with the 3.5L in it. If you could get it to work, you would have a awesome sleeper. Good luck.
post #3 of 10 Old 11-01-2010, 10:06 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Man that thing should haul ass. My Maxima has that motor with just a little less HP and it moves. I wonder what makes the difference between the 350z and Maxima versions of that motor. The Maxima setup would have all of the accessories, mounts, and transmission for the front wheel drive setup. Probably more common than the 3.5 Altima, and there is a manual trans option from the Max as well.
post #4 of 10 Old 11-01-2010, 10:13 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Throw a LS1 in there, I swear there in everything nowadays...

post #5 of 10 Old 11-01-2010, 10:21 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

wow, I haven't seen a nx2000 in awhile. Would it be slightly easier to fit in a 300zx fairlady in it instead? Since they came out around the same time, so there would be more similarities? V6 twin turbo powered nx2000 would be stupid fast!
post #6 of 10 Old 11-01-2010, 10:51 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjeR View Post
wow, I haven't seen a nx2000 in awhile. Would it be slightly easier to fit in a 300zx fairlady in it instead? Since they came out around the same time, so there would be more similarities? V6 twin turbo powered nx2000 would be stupid fast!

Ever look under the hood of a twin turbo 300zx? You can throw a cup of water on that motor, and not one drop will hit the ground. That thing takes up some space. Stock for stock the vq35de makes more hp and just less torque than the twin turbo vg30dett.
post #7 of 10 Old 11-01-2010, 10:54 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

How big is the 95 skyline motor? hmmmmm The R33 could possibly fit?
post #8 of 10 Old 11-01-2010, 11:08 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Having done a couple motor swaps. I think the going with a FWD motor, tranny,and harness would eliminate some head aches. I swapped in a CA18DET into a 89 240sx (it made it about 1500 miles before the rebuild turbo ate itself). I "drive" a 95 240sx with a chevy 350 in it. carbs are so much easier to wire. Another thought is using a megasquirt efi controller. It simplifies alot of the splicing wires to mate to harnesses. I don't know how the variable cam timing will work with it.

I never wanted to do a FWD swap because the axle fitment scared me.

The 300zx was just a demonstation of what Nissan could do. Everybody else used a I6(Supra and 3000gt) because the fitment is so tight for a V6. The front suspention was weird on those cars. It was a square engine bay it it doesn't taper at the bottom like most. That is how they were able to fit the turbos because the make for a really wide engine down low.

War is about killing people and breaking things. It ain't the olympics. Its not supposed to be fair. Tom Clancy

ialsodontknowwhynewpeoplecantseperatetheirthoghtss owecanreadthemitmakesitunweidlyandannoyingtryingto decipherwhattheyaretryingtosaysoiusuallyjustmoveon atleastyouusedpuncuationthoughsocongratsonthatbutm aybeinthefutureyoucanhelpusalloutbecauseyouoranyon eelsewillgetmorerepliesifyoudontwriteonebigrunonth atsimpossibletoread
post #9 of 10 Old 11-02-2010, 03:45 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

God damn, you guys are more useful than the nissan forums.

The 300zx and the 350z are pretty big, I owned a 03 350z before that thing was beast. I would have to eliminate all the options such as power steering and AC and all the space wasting crap and most likely have to cut and weld. I don't mind paying for custom FWD axles, much better than cutting thru my firewall and then getting RWD setup. Plus the engine will help with FWD traction! An NX just sitting there with a vq35 would be almost 300 hp, and I will be turboing this shit up!

Been thinking about r32s,33, etc but to find the engine would be a task.

Keep honking, I'm reloading

post #10 of 10 Old 11-02-2010, 11:25 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

rb25's and 26s are common on ebay. that is where I got my CA. Just remember that they are older engine and plan a new turbo(s) off the get go. New front and rear main seals and head gasket are smart money while you are there. Have you thought about and FWD SR20DET. you can make a 300hp dd out of those pretty easily if you know how to tune. Granted the bragging rights to having a v6 in a sentra sized car is pretty awesome. Just thinking of a much simplier swap. Aside from the splicing harnesses it should be a basic bolt in.

Have you checked out NICOclub they are a really knowledgible group of people. Atleast the CA18 wing is. THat is were I spent all my time.

War is about killing people and breaking things. It ain't the olympics. Its not supposed to be fair. Tom Clancy

ialsodontknowwhynewpeoplecantseperatetheirthoghtss owecanreadthemitmakesitunweidlyandannoyingtryingto decipherwhattheyaretryingtosaysoiusuallyjustmoveon atleastyouusedpuncuationthoughsocongratsonthatbutm aybeinthefutureyoucanhelpusalloutbecauseyouoranyon eelsewillgetmorerepliesifyoudontwriteonebigrunonth atsimpossibletoread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in