bye bye - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 Old 05-22-2007, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

bye bye

hello everyone, just wanted to share my feelings, i just put my 05 10 up for sale, but why you ask? I have been riding for a little over 2 and a half years, putting a total of 20,000 miles on 2 bikes that i have owned (02 r6, and my 10) and have ridden both bikes verrrrry hard. i am 27yrs old and have a little brother 16 yrs younger than me and he means the world to me. (like a child that i dont have yet) And it would kill me inside if i was takin off this earth for something like a car pulling in front of me, or me just having one little mishap while traveling at triple digit speeds (we all do it). I witnessed a accident a couple days ago and it made me realize that going down once at the wrong location and the wrong time i could end up without a limb or even a vegtable and not be able to share the wonderful life that i have been given with my brother. So i have decided to say farewell to the sport of sportbike riding....i would like to say goodbye, and to anyone that has helped me out on this forum...your rock....this is the best forum that i have found with alot of good people.....i will still be checking in...even if i dont have a bike....

sincerly, Graham

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 05-22-2007, 10:34 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us Graham and enjoy yourself.

BD

Those who stir the shit pot should have to lick the spoon.
post #3 of 29 Old 05-23-2007, 01:19 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

hmm, I respect that. Being a "grown up" a lot of things come into play. Wait a minute! My son is 16! But again, only you know what is right in your situation. Good luck.

W.F.O.ing with style will bring life back into focus
post #4 of 29 Old 05-23-2007, 01:55 AM
Funshine Bear

Location: Back on the road again. Auto club speedway is my new home.
Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to minichevy
I respect your decision. I understand what seeing an accident can do. I was in an accident that someone died. I didn't drive for months. Good luck.

If you ain't first, your last!
Thats a registered trade mark of Rick Bobby INC.
post #5 of 29 Old 05-23-2007, 02:23 AM
MIA mod

Posting Frequency

It's a tough call to make, when to say enough. You will always be welcome here.

Some days will stay a thousand years, some pass like the flash of a spark.
post #6 of 29 Old 05-23-2007, 02:28 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I struggle with the thought of leaving behind my mom, I'm her only son. I know she'll be financially okay, but there's nothing like having a relative who plays an active part in your life when you get old...trust me, I'm a paramedic, the crash doesn't scare me, it's what would happen to my mom when she gets a little older.

Long story short, I respect your decision man, your a bigger man than I am. I think if people depend on you, you should ride around in the biggest cage possible.
post #7 of 29 Old 05-23-2007, 03:01 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

First Off...I think we ALL respect your decision to stop riding. I wish you well!!!

Although we all make decisions in life based on different things we have seen or were involved in, I can tell you that I sometimes think "What If", and shortly after thinking that, I quickly remind myself that I have but one life to live. By no means do I plan on making an early exit on life or try to live too far beyond my limits...In fact, I hope to live till 100. I just realize that when I'm out on my bikes or doing something that everyone else considers dangerous, I do my own personal risk assessments and try and operate within my limits. I also feel like for every mistake (3 street bike accidents that were ALL my fault due to hot dogging it) I have made, I have learned and progress'd forward and have never made the SAME costly mistake twice.

All my kids ride MX and I used to wonder if I was not being as protective of a Parent as I should be. I had to re-evaluate myself, after all, it's not just MY life I'm dealing with, it's theirs, and that would devestate me if something happened to them because of my decision. I even offered them a substantial amount of money just to see if they would bite, well they looked at me like I was out-of-my-mind! They basically told me to pack sand! I also remember when I was a kid their age, we did it for the love and adrenalin. So I decided I wont take that away from them, but I will make sure they are set up for success...I teach them to wear their protective gear at all times, slow is fast (Nobody will become a PRO overnight so ride within your limits), and to ride for EVERYONE else out there too. Because it's almost ALWAYS the "Other" guy you need to worry about.

Not that my experiences will change your mind but I just thought I would share it with you. As far as your decision, I respect it and again, WISH YOU THE BEST!!!

2005 ZX-10R
2002 FXST CUSTOM
2001 KX 250
2003 CRF 450R (Sons)
2005 KXF 250F (Sons)
2005 KX 85
2003 XR50 (108cc)
2006 KLX 110 (Daughters)
post #8 of 29 Old 05-23-2007, 06:11 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to colinmitchell111
Well said by everyone.. Good luck man!

05 Red 10R - Full Arrow system w/ carbon shorty can, Factory Pro velocity stacks, BMC race filter, Ivan's TRE, DJ PC3, DJ Quick Shifter, Scotts damper, Galfer SS Brake likes front and rear, Smoke DB windscreen, smoked front signals, gold Sato rearsets, solo seat cover, HID headlights, custom projector headlight, Hotbodies undertail, CRG Roll-A-Click gold levers. 190/55 Conti Sport Attacks.

www.myspace.com/zx10rcolin
post #9 of 29 Old 05-23-2007, 10:05 AM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

this is a big shocker graham, you have to do what you think is best for you. it was good to meet you and ride with you.

Rain. Whats is this Rain i keep hearing?.
post #10 of 29 Old 05-23-2007, 10:10 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to 05ZixxR
good luck with everything man...def. a tough decision to make.

full ahead hard and fast....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in