BikeBandit.com - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 10-17-2005, 01:46 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to byebyebusa Send a message via Yahoo to byebyebusa
Angry BikeBandit.com

I've used them twice before and never really had an issue but here's a warning..

I ordered a bunch of parts from them for my stable. They didn't have 1/2 the parts and are cross shipping from other vendors to fill the bill. Due to delays in getting these parts I probably won't see my order for 2 weeks.

I called to cancel the order since I can get everything in my hands locally in 48 hours. They wanted to charge me a restock fee for everything that's being cross shipped.. cost me 80 bucks for something that isn't in travel to me? Sounds very weak.

I wouldn't mind paying a restock fee if it was in transit to myself but for something that hasn't been shipped my way, I don't think I should be charged for that.

You've been warned.

99 ZRX1100 - tons of mods and still slow but FUN / 07 Yami FZ1 for the wifie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 10-17-2005, 01:47 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

I had a bad experience with them too...won't ever use them again...

post #3 of 15 Old 10-17-2005, 02:01 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I ordered boots from them about 2weeks ago and found out 2 days later that they were out of stock. It took 3 emails and 3 voicemails over a 5 day period before they refunded my money. I will not do business with thme again!
post #4 of 15 Old 10-17-2005, 02:07 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I ordered my parts from RonAyers, no problems at all. I looked at Bikebandit and their prices were higher and they didn't have 1/2 the parts I needed.
post #5 of 15 Old 10-17-2005, 02:21 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by byebyebusa
I've used them twice before and never really had an issue but here's a warning..

I ordered a bunch of parts from them for my stable. They didn't have 1/2 the parts and are cross shipping from other vendors to fill the bill. Due to delays in getting these parts I probably won't see my order for 2 weeks.

I called to cancel the order since I can get everything in my hands locally in 48 hours. They wanted to charge me a restock fee for everything that's being cross shipped.. cost me 80 bucks for something that isn't in travel to me? Sounds very weak.

I wouldn't mind paying a restock fee if it was in transit to myself but for something that hasn't been shipped my way, I don't think I should be charged for that.

You've been warned.
Well, if they ordered it on your behalf and it's in route to them to be sent by you, why should they have to eat it without a stocking fee? That's just business. I can fully understand why you're so frustrated. Been there and done that myself. And I wouldn't be happy about the restocking fee either, but if you're like me and don't have the patience to wait for stuff when it's not in stock you should call and check stock before placing orders and just order what one place doesn't have from another shop if you're in a hurry. If a business orders something that they don't stock there are probably very few of them that won't charge you a restocking fee if you cancel after it's enroute to them.

--
"Bottom line, when I'm on that bike, it's just me and God...And He better be holding on."- Stillie on SSB

Si vis pacem, para bellum...

El Diablo
post #6 of 15 Old 10-17-2005, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to byebyebusa Send a message via Yahoo to byebyebusa
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo
but if you're like me and don't have the patience to wait for stuff when it's not in stock you should call and check stock before placing orders and just order what one place doesn't have from another shop if you're in a hurry. If a business orders something that they don't stock there are probably very few of them that won't charge you a restocking fee if you cancel after it's enroute to them.
Well that's what I found out about BikeBandit.. they stock VERY FEW OEM parts, and of course the most expensive part I ordered (pipe for the quad) wasn't in their hands so I got burned there too. Like I said origionally said, I've ordered from them twice before, there won't be another time.. to many vendors are out there willing to take my money.

99 ZRX1100 - tons of mods and still slow but FUN / 07 Yami FZ1 for the wifie.
post #7 of 15 Old 10-17-2005, 02:50 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by byebyebusa
Well that's what I found out about BikeBandit.. they stock VERY FEW OEM parts, and of course the most expensive part I ordered (pipe for the quad) wasn't in their hands so I got burned there too. Like I said origionally said, I've ordered from them twice before, there won't be another time.. to many vendors are out there willing to take my money.
I've never bought from Bike Bandit but I've read nothing but praise for them before this thread. Not sure what everyone else in this thread's "bad experience" has been with them but I've had something similar to what you outlined with plenty of online retailers, both on bike stuff and on camera stuff. Very few online places actually physically stock much of what they sell. Most of the time if you order a single item, or a couple items that they will get from a single source you won't know about it because it all ships at the same time and usually pretty quickly. Sometimes your order will even drop ship directly to you from the distributor or manufacturer. If your order includes several items that have to come to the seller from multiple different vendors it all comes to them and nothing ships until it's all there so they don't have to pay multiple shipping charges... or charge you multiple shipping charges.

If you start "not doing business ever again" with places over stuff like this you'll soon not be able to buy from any online seller. If you order multiple items sooner or later every shop you deal with is going to run into the same snag you had with BB. Fwiw, I've only ever completely stopped buying from one online seller and that was due to bald face lying about the status of an order that took weeks to get even though it was supposedly "already shipped" multiple times. The rest of the online sellers I've used still get used, but I call and check stock on everything I order before I order it so I know up front if it's going to go like yours did.

I'm not trying to convince you to give Bike Bandit your money again at all. I'm just sayin' that what happened to you on this order is just as likely to happen to you regardless of where you order a sizeable order of bike parts on the net.

--
"Bottom line, when I'm on that bike, it's just me and God...And He better be holding on."- Stillie on SSB

Si vis pacem, para bellum...

El Diablo
post #8 of 15 Old 10-17-2005, 04:36 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I just use them to get part numbers.

Kenny Poppell
AMA Dragbike SuperSport #1000
2007 AMA Dragbike 1000SS National Champion
2007 1000SS 1/8th ET Record Holder 5.967
Best 1/[email protected] Best 1/[email protected] Stock Wheelbase
Special Thanks:

Performance Psycle
Richies Tires
http://www.XXXRacingFuel.com
http://www.SuperbikeSpecialties.com
http://www.Tsukigi.com
http://www.CycleConceptsRacing.com
http://www.myspace.com/ruthlessracing1
post #9 of 15 Old 10-17-2005, 04:43 PM
PostWhore

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to GuitarPlyr
Ive ordered from Bike Bandit several times, always recieved my order very quickly...Sometimes they have better prices than ron ayers, sometimes more pricey, but overall im satisfied

John 8:24:
Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins."
post #10 of 15 Old 06-08-2006, 07:53 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo
And I wouldn't be happy about the restocking fee either, but if you're like me and don't have the patience to wait for stuff when it's not in stock you should call and check stock before placing orders and just order what one place doesn't have from another shop if you're in a hurry.
No, it's called a dynamic website that is linked to the stock database so that when you place an order you know if it's out of stock, on order or about to arrive and the prospective dates etc. It's done on other sites but some places just need to lift their game if they want to be competitive and survive.

For a good example of this visit www.jensonusa.com which is probably the best online website I've ever used. It's MTB parts but you get the idea. Until I see something better this is the benchmark that other sites need to be measured by.

For smaller companies you obviously need to call and make sure they have the stock. When their aim is to make you buy their product and if you are mislead or simply lead to believe that it'l arrive in the next few days only to be told later that it is on backorder, it is simply not good enough.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein

'85 GSX250S -> '96 ZX6R -> '98 ZX6R -> '00 ZX6R -> '03 CBR954RR -> '04 ZX10R -> '02 ZZR250 -> '06 ZX10R -> '08 KTM 990 ADV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in