Bike is Gone..Rant - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 07-31-2012, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Bike is Gone..Rant

Sold my bike today. I loved her, but she had become a paper weight ever since I returned from the sandbox last year. I moved to Miami and I just have no time for trackdays and no desire to die on the expressway. I'm not in the Army anymore and so lost the luxury of getting hurt and still collecting a paycheck.

Besides, I could put the money to better use. I feel guilty even lurking on this site anymore now that I'm a full time cager. I have some stuff I'll be selling off and other stuff I'll just give away to you guys in the next couple of days or weeks.

I feel kind of like when I sold my 72 chevelle.. which was pretty shitty. It was very wierd not seeing my bike sandwiched between the Jeep and the cobra for the first time in a long time.

I sold her cheap on CL within 18 hrs of posting it, the calls and texts were overwhelming...like sharks smelling blood. I hope the buyer enjoys her as much as I did.

Rant over
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bike22.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	164038  

Ride like you pay a mortgage...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 07-31-2012, 10:14 PM
Of course you are faster

Posting Frequency

1. nothing is perminent, I'm sure there is a bike in your future. most likely the 2021 ZXTR660GP... Oh yeah, 224 BHp 286 pounds dry. Standard carbon fibre frame, ceramic pistons, no oil sump... yeah she is going to be wicked bad..

b. A motorcyclist is something you are... not something you own. It is a state of mind, not a title in your safe. That has not changed... most likely never will... It's in your blood... you have a throttle cable where your appendix should be... you may have extra titanium screws in your body... and perhaps a little less skin.

of course you are welcome here, bike, no bike... Hell, I don't even own a ZX10R and i'm here.

Carry on smartly, chin up, helps you look at the horizon, which is where your future is at... and unless I am horribly mistaken... I see two wheels there.

Need to know how to install your Rifleman's 1/5th throttle insert? click me
For more info on a sticky grip (not enough cable slack) click me
And another amazing install write up click this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
lol, once you go 1/5th... you NEVER go back

Last edited by Rifleman; 07-31-2012 at 10:17 PM.
post #3 of 18 Old 07-31-2012, 10:18 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Same here, I am thinking about selling my gen 4 too. It is in new condition but got to get rid of the old lady......if she fights me in court I may need the money as a nest egg.....we will see.
post #4 of 18 Old 07-31-2012, 10:23 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
1. nothing is perminent, I'm sure there is a bike in your future. most likely the 2021 ZXTR660GP... Oh yeah, 224 BHp 286 pounds dry. Standard carbon fibre frame, ceramic pistons, no oil sump... yeah she is going to be wicked bad..

b. A motorcyclist is something you are... not something you own. It is a state of mind, not a title in your safe. That has not changed... most likely never will... It's in your blood... you have a throttle cable where your appendix should be... you may have extra titanium screws in your body... and perhaps a little less skin.

of course you are welcome here, bike, no bike... Hell, I don't even own a ZX10R and i'm here.

Carry on smartly, chin up, helps you look at the horizon, which is where your future is at... and unless I am horribly mistaken... I see two wheels there.

Totally agree with B.
post #5 of 18 Old 07-31-2012, 11:05 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:

You are a classy guy and I thank you. I hope the new owner respects your 1/5 th insert like I did.

Ride like you pay a mortgage...
post #6 of 18 Old 07-31-2012, 11:10 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuhuba View Post
Sold my bike today. I loved her, but she had become a paper weight ever since I returned from the sandbox last year. I moved to Miami and I just have no time for trackdays and no desire to die on the expressway. I'm not in the Army anymore and so lost the luxury of getting hurt and still collecting a paycheck.

Besides, I could put the money to better use. I feel guilty even lurking on this site anymore now that I'm a full time cager. I have some stuff I'll be selling off and other stuff I'll just give away to you guys in the next couple of days or weeks.

I feel kind of like when I sold my 72 chevelle.. which was pretty shitty. It was very wierd not seeing my bike sandwiched between the Jeep and the cobra for the first time in a long time.

I sold her cheap on CL within 18 hrs of posting it, the calls and texts were overwhelming...like sharks smelling blood. I hope the buyer enjoys her as much as I did.

Rant over
Man at least ya sold her and not out a bike because of some low life thieves like I am. You will pick up another bike someday...may not be another ZX10...but 2 wheels IS 2 wheels. Hell...im looking at non ZX10 bikes to replace my stolen gen2. Stick around on here....keep looking at the for sale section...something will catch your eye one again one day!

Faster than a drunk snail on valium!

07 zx10r- stolen
New bike...07 GSXR1000..BMC filter, LOR slip on, 520 conversion with -1, speedohealer, pc3 custom map with xtre settings, Galfer superbike lines front, galfer sportbike line rear, shorty levers, Yami R1 throttle tube for 1/5 throttle, PAIR mod, exhaust valve gone, ecu flashed.
post #7 of 18 Old 07-31-2012, 11:52 PM
Certified SLOW

Posting Frequency

Quote:

So true.

Best 1/4mi ET: 8.98 @ 147 (stock motor, no turbo/nitrous)
post #8 of 18 Old 07-31-2012, 11:55 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Dibs on free stuff!!

Sucks you sold such a nice looking gen1

post #9 of 18 Old 08-01-2012, 02:54 AM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

That is a beautiful bike, I must say. Im just gonna have to agree with Rifleman on this, thats the truth. Dont get too down on yourself, when the bug bites to ride, it doesnt stop. I felt the same way when I sold my 03 CBR600RR in January 08. Just a bad feeling in my gut about it. Miss that bike a lot because it was my first one. Time goes on and you will find another. No two ways about it. Like Rifleman said, a rider is whats in your blood. That will never change, and you are always welcomed to be on this site.

08 ZX6R Radial M/C ZG Sport Touring Windscreen CBR600RR Calipers BMC Street Filter
GP Shift Pattern DIY Mod Fender Eliminator Kit 16/44 Gearing Euro Flushmount Signals
Gauge Cluster Color DIY ModSoupy's Fully Adjustable Lowering Links HEL Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
post #10 of 18 Old 08-01-2012, 03:51 AM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Good points from Rifleman. They make new bikes and sell used ones every day. When the itch needs scratching and the time is right you can pick yourself up another one. Until then you can rest in the fact that you did what you thought was right for yourself and your family. By the way, you are pretty close to Homestead AND PBIR. Just sayin...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in