Beware North GA Riders!!! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 09-13-2005, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Beware North GA Riders!!!

I found out the hard way that the locals up above Dahlonega in the Suches area don't particularly care for guys on sport bikes turning the twisties up there into their own personal slice of Nirvana. Evidently they have taken to prouring viscous liquids (the star of this story is automatic transmission fluid) on the road.

I was coming around a curve to the right...not a difficult curve and I was only doing about 35 MPH when my ass end started to slide. I corrected, but by the time I did, I was in the dirt and gravel on the other side of the road. I laid my 05 ZX-10R with 600 miles on the odo over on its side. She came to rest literally inches from a 10'-15' drop off. Turns out that there was a pool of fresh clean automatic transmission fluid (or some purple oily liquid) in the center of the curve. I later found out that this has become commonplace and that some cagers have even taken to trying to run bikes into gaurd rails, off the road and what have you.

I have a bruised leg and have done about $500 plastic damage to my new baby. All in all it could have turned out worse. It just makes me sick that people have the capacity to do things like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 09-13-2005, 09:27 PM
Hillbillie Mod

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to hillcountry10r
Glad youre ok man...thats dirty f'sho...attempt of murder I'd say!

For every species of beasts and birds, of reptiles and creatures of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by the human race. But no one can tame the tongue; it is a restless evil full of deadly poison.
James 3:7,8

post #3 of 20 Old 09-13-2005, 09:32 PM
PostWhore

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to GuitarPlyr
Yeah, thats very common up there....That, and the LEO, are the reasons i dont go ridin there any more.
post #4 of 20 Old 09-13-2005, 11:55 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I'd report it to the police and the news, before someone gets killed.........

06 ZX14

The two loudest sounds you will ever hear are "A click when your expecting a bang and bang when your expecting a click".
post #5 of 20 Old 09-14-2005, 12:10 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasdude
I'd report it to the police and the news, before someone gets killed.........
Yep, otherwise, it'll be just another "dangerous sport bikers dies in crash" story....

Police have rules against racial profiling, why not vehicular profiling as well?
post #6 of 20 Old 09-14-2005, 12:26 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to DarkAngel Send a message via Yahoo to DarkAngel
WTF??? Effen vigilante locals. That is a good way for the locals to get themselves shot or run over. Someone is going to get really pissed and shoot one of them pouring oil and shit all over the road. It is only just a matter of time.

Do A Wheeeeeeliiiieeeeeeeeee!

post #7 of 20 Old 09-14-2005, 12:27 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Same thing happened to one of my customers with his new 10r. It's sad what's going on up there. Another customer that lives up there said they hired a new sheriff and he's out to make an impression this year. Don't expect any niceness from the LEOs so I'm told.

I haven't been up there in a couple months...

Now I have no desire to return hehe...

I wonder what will happen up there when they scare all the bikers off? Gotta make $ some how....probably start pulling over bicyclists.

-Frank

2005 RSX Type S Silver - Still in denial that I own a Honda
2004 ZX-10R Black - Sold :(
1968 Mustang Black 302 - Awaiting resurrection
post #8 of 20 Old 09-14-2005, 06:27 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Years ago, this started happening on Muholland out here. Rumour at the time was that someone ended up being charged with attempted murder or something of the sort. Seems logical to me, but could have just been one for Snopes.com.
post #9 of 20 Old 09-14-2005, 06:54 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to nachszx
WTF???....thts messed up.totally.this is sad shit....gang up...get ur firearms and shoot those crazy retarded muthufuka`s......

NACH
05 Green 10R
05 Bloo R1 - Sold
05 Black 10R - RIP

"Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee"
post #10 of 20 Old 09-14-2005, 01:48 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

in a closely related story, mt tamalpias is an off road area that pedestrians would tie piano wires between trees to fugg up the bikes...was a while back... maybe start calling the local government( as a cager) and try and irritate the public works dept to go clean it up, then maybe the cops will roll there at night etc....just a thought.... sorry to hear about the get-off from someone who only cares about themselves...i'd be fuggin mad as hell!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in