Beer can chicken - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 10-18-2012, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Beer can chicken

Has to be the best way to cook a whole chicken

Stick a half full beer can inside (right side up ofcourse) burners of to the side..if issuing charcoal place the coal on each side.chicken has to be of direct heat.season how you like..i prefer Italian seasoning..I'm abit biased being sicilian...heavily pepper seemed to work really well also or a chicken rib (bit spicey)..let it roost for about 45 min and vwallaaa...good luck getting out off the grill without it falling of the bone

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 10-18-2012, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Pictures aren't working from app I'll upload later

post #3 of 10 Old 10-18-2012, 07:45 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

We call that drunken chicken. You can also do it with sprite, coke etc...

post #4 of 10 Old 10-18-2012, 07:45 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Mmmm now I'm hungry lol

post #5 of 10 Old 10-18-2012, 08:22 PM
Of course you are faster

Posting Frequency

only thing better then beer can chicken, is Turkey on the Grill... oh man, can't wait for thanksgiving.

Rub a little salt and pepper into the skin of the bird prior to sitting on the can. I add fresh grown Rosemary, Tyme and Wistchshire sauce to the 1/2 can of beer. And I put it on the grill with a few blocks of osage orange wood (if I lived in the western US it would be called mesquete)

I'm able to light the grill, get the chicken on it and add some charcoal and then tamp it down to about 1/2 the holes on the top open... In this config it will burn for about 2 hours, slowing and lowering temp over that time... At the end of 2 hours it's done and will drop off the bone.

I put an aluminum pie plate down and catch the juice running off the bird. I drop the liver, heart, neck, and other "giblets" into the pan and let it all stew while the bird cooks... when done, pour into a glass measuring cup and let it stand for a bit so the oils and juices seporate... spoon off the oils. Put the juices in a small sauce pan and bring to a low boil, add about 3 tables spoons of flour and 1/2 a cup or so whole milk, or even 50/50 cream if you want really rich gravy... wisk over low heat until it thickens and then remove from the heat.

I'd throw away the chicken and just eat the gravy.

and the smoked beer can chicken makes an stupid good cassarol or pot pie

I'll post the Tom Turkey on a Weber recipe when we get near to Thanksgiving... but it's the bomb too

Remember to wear proper safety gear while grilling

Need to know how to install your Rifleman's 1/5th throttle insert? click me
For more info on a sticky grip (not enough cable slack) click me
And another amazing install write up click this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
lol, once you go 1/5th... you NEVER go back

Last edited by Rifleman; 10-18-2012 at 08:31 PM. Reason: add a pic
post #6 of 10 Old 10-18-2012, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Ha ha that's fing great

post #7 of 10 Old 10-18-2012, 09:44 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
It's not about the flavor using a can of beer or coke, it's the steaming effect causing the meat to be very tender...We do this all the time.

The Truth
post #8 of 10 Old 10-19-2012, 01:20 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

If you haven't done so yet, you need to deep fry a turkey! Did it for the first time last thanksgiving. Talk about perfect crispy skin and tender moist meat! My mouth is watering right now just thinking about it. Bought a deep fryer, some peanut oil, and about 1 hour later (for a 14lb turkey) you are ready to eat. I loved it so much, I cooked another one for Christmas! Guess what I am cooking this thanksgiving?!

Custom FE/CA taillight/TechSpec/Driven D-Axis gas cap/Cox Racing/Champs frame-fork-swingarm sliders/Puig ZRacing/Titax/Woodcraft-Attack case covers/SME rear axle block sliders/Misc carbon fiber/ZG Latigo/HID's/M4 Street Slayer/BMC/XTre/EK 520 MVXZ/+4 Drive Sys/SpeedoHealer/HEL 'Stealth'-Motul RBF600-Galfer pads/KyleRacing damper/Rifleman's/Ivans b/o plates/Q3's/Motul 300v/Engine Ice/Shorai
http://www.maresohana.com/ktrsd
post #9 of 10 Old 10-19-2012, 03:00 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Fried turkey is pretty awesome. I just cooked a 17.5lbs pork roast (2 large boston butt roast were frozen together in one package). I slow cooked it at 245F and some at 265F from 10am to 6pm. It was bathed in 2 bottles of home brew, a fair bit of Marker's Mark Whiskey, and a little Drambuie. Seasoned with Onion powder, Garlic powder, Oragano, and Basil. I used a little too much basil but it was still alright. Had the parents over for my birthday dinner. Dad brought the homemade bread for sandwiches, baked beans, and lemonaide pie. I am officially 31.

War is about killing people and breaking things. It ain't the olympics. Its not supposed to be fair. Tom Clancy

ialsodontknowwhynewpeoplecantseperatetheirthoghtss owecanreadthemitmakesitunweidlyandannoyingtryingto decipherwhattheyaretryingtosaysoiusuallyjustmoveon atleastyouusedpuncuationthoughsocongratsonthatbutm aybeinthefutureyoucanhelpusalloutbecauseyouoranyon eelsewillgetmorerepliesifyoudontwriteonebigrunonth atsimpossibletoread
post #10 of 10 Old 10-19-2012, 05:38 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I usually drink the beer and then refill the can with a carolina-style BBQ sauce. then i fill one of those poland spring sport top bottles with the same sauce to baste the chicken while its cooking. comes out awesome. i usually make a whole chicken just for me. i dont even bother carving. it's all out neanderthal when that thing is ready.

i gotz a moturbike. it sounds like dis.....WWWAAHHHHHHHHH. WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. WAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH. WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. WAHHHHHHHHHHHH.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in