Bear Country - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 10-27-2006, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
MIA mod

Posting Frequency

Bear Country

When you venture into their territory you might want to follow this advice.

The National Park Rangers are advising hikers in Glacier National Park and other Rocky Mountain parks to be alert for bears and take extra precautions to avoid an encounter.

They advise park visitors to wear little bells on their clothes so they make noise when hiking. The bell noise allows bears to hear them coming from a distance and not be startled by a hiker accidentally sneaking up on them. This might cause a bear to charge.

Visitors should also carry pepper spray just in case a bear is encountered. Spraying the pepper into the bear's face will irritate the bear's sensitive nose and it will run away.

It is also a good idea to keep an eye out for fresh bear scat so you have an idea if bears are in the area. People should be able to recognize the difference between black bear and grizzly bear scat.

Black bear droppings are smaller and often contain berries, leaves, and possibly bits of fur. Grizzly bear droppings are much larger and tend to contain small bells and smell like pepper.

Some days will stay a thousand years, some pass like the flash of a spark.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-27-2006, 10:34 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

RULE#1: I am always right. RULE#2: In case of doubt refer to rule#1
post #3 of 6 Old 10-27-2006, 10:39 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Hilarious.

I had a black bear sow come into my driveway one evening about 4 years ago while I was sitting on the couch watching TV.
She was about 350 pounds, about 10 feet away from me with nothing between her and me but a sliding glass door.

Freaky.

I didn't live way out in the woods, then, either. This was in the middle of town.

Proper lubrication is the solution to 90% of life's problems.
post #4 of 6 Old 10-28-2006, 12:35 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

It's grizzly country up here boys.freinds of mine just saw 2 2 days ago about 35 miles west of town about 35 feet from them.
post #5 of 6 Old 10-29-2006, 04:13 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpz1100
When you venture into their territory you might want to follow this advice.

The National Park Rangers are advising hikers in Glacier National Park and other Rocky Mountain parks to be alert for bears and take extra precautions to avoid an encounter.

They advise park visitors to wear little bells on their clothes so they make noise when hiking. The bell noise allows bears to hear them coming from a distance and not be startled by a hiker accidentally sneaking up on them. This might cause a bear to charge.

Visitors should also carry pepper spray just in case a bear is encountered. Spraying the pepper into the bear's face will irritate the bear's sensitive nose and it will run away.

It is also a good idea to keep an eye out for fresh bear scat so you have an idea if bears are in the area. People should be able to recognize the difference between black bear and grizzly bear scat.

Black bear droppings are smaller and often contain berries, leaves, and possibly bits of fur. Grizzly bear droppings are much larger and tend to contain small bells and smell like pepper.

Now that there is funny, I don't care who ya are!!
post #6 of 6 Old 10-30-2006, 07:37 AM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to luckz88 Send a message via Yahoo to luckz88
LOL, thats funny

We have a picture from 1996 when I was younger it was around 9:30 at night my dog was barkin in the kitchen. I went to open the door and right before i did i caught a movement outa my eye. There was a sow right on the other side of the sliding glass door about 8 inches away. It startled me and I backed up to the counter and thats where the camera was. When I took the picture the sow was about 6 feet away getting ready to grab our garbage can and run. That made my heart rate speed up a little

NESBA #88

Madness Racing wishes he could handle the power of a GSXR

All my homies left this site
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in