Bad things happen when you act squidly or lose touch with reality.. - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 04-18-2005, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
Orange you glad I'm a whore?

Posting Frequency

Bad things happen when you act squidly or lose touch with reality..

Remember to keep it real out there my fellow riders...

RIP.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/g...?storyid=35669

-J

Back from the dead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 04-18-2005, 06:32 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

oh my gosh. That is so sad. Sounds like they were lane splitting, eh?
post #3 of 11 Old 04-18-2005, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

that's what I gather. There are a few motorcycle clubs in Atlanta, you can see them running hard down the interstate and around the beltline. This section that the accident occured is on the beltline south of the city. I'm not sure about all the details, but I'm sure it was a larger group running 120+. I've been buzzed by large groups of bikes several times in the cage.

Indeed it's sad.

-J

Back from the dead.
post #4 of 11 Old 04-19-2005, 09:34 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to BNninja
I bet the parents/widows sue the starboyz for their first video...sad but sometimes stupid decisions net stupid results...kind of have to look at life that way.

"Bikes are like women: beat them like a whore, they can take it and you will like the moaning you hear."
post #5 of 11 Old 04-19-2005, 11:37 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I give it another 2 to 3 yrs before the government kick's in & starts banning these machines or putting some restriction's on hp & speed.

Sorry but i don't feel "sorry" for those dumb fucks.....it's people like that, that's threating this sport i love so much.
post #6 of 11 Old 04-19-2005, 12:02 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to BNninja
I agree killer but I think i said it in a nicer way...i'm heartless...if I die doing something dumb, it was my own fault.

"Bikes are like women: beat them like a whore, they can take it and you will like the moaning you hear."
post #7 of 11 Old 04-19-2005, 04:25 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

not that i know either one of these riders, or the fact that it happened on the streets I see on occasion.. i'm posting just because of the senselessness of the accident.

don't want to start a debate with this topic, it's not my position to tell you how to ride, but for everyone's sake.. think about the circumstances.. everyone that is affected.. that includes you and I indirectly...

ride smart....

2 killed when motorcycles collide with car

By BILL MONTGOMERY, MIKE MORRIS
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 04/19/05
Two motorcyclists were killed late Sunday when their vehicles collided with a car on I-285 in south DeKalb County.

The dead were identified as Edward Nash, 31, of Lithonia and Travis Kelley, 28, of Stone Mountain.

EMAIL THIS
PRINT THIS
MOST POPULAR

Detective K. Sowell of the DeKalb police special traffic unit said witnesses reported that the two men, riding sports bikes, were among as many as eight motorcyclists traveling eastbound on I-285 east of Bouldercrest Road. Sports bikes are fast, high-performance cycles.

The 11 p.m. crash shut down the eastbound lanes of I-285 near Flat Shoals Road for several hours.

Sowell said the two were darting in and out of medium-to-light traffic at what witnesses said was high speed. "There were motorists going 70, and these two were passing them," Sowell said.

Determining the victims' exact speed will require further investigation, he said.

Both were thrown from their motorcycles, Nash after striking the rear of a Nissan Altima and spinning out of control into the median, Sowell said. The driver of the Nissan was not seriously injured. Nash was taken to Grady Memorial Hospital, where he died.

Kelley crashed into a guardrail, was thrown 100 feet from his motorcycle and died of a broken neck at the scene, Sowell said.

There was no immediate indication that alcohol or drugs were involved in the accident, but tests are pending at the GBI Crime Lab, he said.

In August 2003, DeKalb police staged a crackdown on motorcyclists speeding on I-20 and I-285, issuing 141 citations for high speed. Five motorcycles were tracked going more than 100 mph, including a 138-mph speeder who was arrested for carrying drugs. An earlier sweep netted a rider speeding at 144 mph.

DeKalb police Sgt. Charles Dedrick said Monday that officers have not seen a recent problem with groups of speeding motorcyclists.

"More of that happens when we get closer to summer," Dedrick said. "That hasn't really been a factor yet. But you can pretty much look for some of that [in coming months]. It's gonna happen."

-J

Back from the dead.
post #8 of 11 Old 04-19-2005, 09:46 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Instead of doing hp/speed restrictions, I think all motorcycle sales should be CASH ONLY - doesn't matter if it's new or used. That will weed out the trailer trash paying $39/month for a literbike they'll just die on anyway.
post #9 of 11 Old 04-21-2005, 10:26 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

i like your thinking suicide

Everyday is a holiday, every meal is a feast
post #10 of 11 Old 04-21-2005, 10:45 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideMachine
Instead of doing hp/speed restrictions, I think all motorcycle sales should be CASH ONLY - doesn't matter if it's new or used. That will weed out the trailer trash paying $39/month for a literbike they'll just die on anyway.
um... how about only offering 2 year loans with 20% down or something? That way it'd still be a big monthly payment and all... I mean, I'm not trailer trash by any stretch of the imagination, but I really don't want to wait until I have $10,000 saved up to buy a bike. Plus, when you get that kind of cash saved up, you (or your better half) starts thinking of all the other "better" ways you could spend it

David Nolden
CMRA #711
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in